Bills re-sign Jason Croom to 1-year deal

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kroft has 1 productive year in his career—and it was mediocre.  Adding that kind of production to Knoxs handfuls of catches will not likely make them a middle of the pack duo.   

Can’t count on Kroft to be healthy, given his history,  but I do think it’s reasonable to expect Knox to make a jump.   He’s clearly got top end talent, just needs to mature and develop.  

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Did you mean his ‘reach around’ move on Ms. Pegula?  ?

There are WR’s that block 100 times better than him. He runs some of the worst routs that I have ever seen. His hands are questionable at best. He has trouble holding on to the football. He can’t play special team for *****. This is just a bad move all around.

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This is the type of thing that destroys the good thing that we have going with Beanie and McD. If Croom was forced on them to take up a roster spot  and get playing time then we are heading for turmoil. If we released Croom right now I highly doubt he would get signed with another team. 

I’d say it’s likely he doesn’t even make the team. Nothing to see here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Gross. I suppose Croom is going to be there to press Sweeney in camp and the better of the two will stay. Obviously i’m rooting for the BC guy in that scenario. Problem is Kroft sucks and Knox has a drop rate damn near 20%. I don’t see another kittle or kelce emerging out of this group.

and the less said about lee the better.

Edited by JoPoy88

31 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I guess I’m the only one who sees Croom as an intriguing talent.  Obviously needs to stay healthy, but it looked to me like he was developing in 2018

Exactly what I was thinking. It seems when he started dating the owners daughter the jokes started happening and all of Bill's nation slowly turned on him. Coincidence I think not.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

Exactly what I was thinking. It seems when he started dating the owners daughter the jokes started happening and all of Bill's nation slowly turned on him. Coincidence I think not.

We’re a fickle bunch.  I just finished that click bait ‘How to Tell if a Person is Evil’ death march, and only Hapless Bills Fan emerges as virtuous.  The rest of us will be shoveling #2 anthracite in the next life. ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ironically the restaurant she opened at canal side is called “Healthy Scratch”

Well, you made me look, and to my surprise there it was. Seems like a lot of healthy s's going on there:

FLUSH & GO CLEANSE      $41.95
This cleanse is designed to give the body a quick detox. This cleanse includes six juices that are to be consumed throughout the entire duration of the day. The juice varieties in this cleanse consist primarily of deep greens and are formulated to fill the body with nutrients and purify the system.

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

This tells me they are really gonna go after some wideouts and probably a RB also.

We were told they were gonna upgrade the offense, and so far it's been keeping the same cast of characters.

Terrible take - what should they have done so far to upgrade the offense?  FA has not started.  The draft has not occurred.  There have not been a huge amount of star WRs, OL, RBs, and TEs released to sign.

They have so far done exactly as Beane has stated - they have signed their own and as he has in the past - filled as many holes as possible - so they are free to move around in the draft to get what they want.

To act like they are done and he broke a promise because they re-signed a back-up TE and their starting and back-up OL is insane.

Enjoy what they have done before FA has even started.  They are positioning themselves to have another stellar offseason leading to another great year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Well, you made me look, and to my surprise there it was. Seems like a lot of healthy s's going on there:

FLUSH & GO CLEANSE      $41.95
This cleanse is designed to give the body a quick detox. This cleanse includes six juices that are to be consumed throughout the entire duration of the day. The juice varieties in this cleanse consist primarily of deep greens and are formulated to fill the body with nutrients and purify the system.

And what happens if I am sitting in the KeyBank Center gold section when the ‘dam bursts’?  Mr. Creosote?  ?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Looks like we're rolling with what we've got at TE. You could definitely do worse than: Knox, Kroft, Croom, Smith, Sweeney... although one of these guys might get cut. Solid "B" imo

Knox can't catch.  Kroft can't stay healthy.  Smith can't get open.  Croom hasn't done much in his short career and Sweeney has done even less.  

I'm agreement with everyone who says we need another TE option.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Knox can't catch.  Kroft can't stay healthy.  Smith can't get open.  Croom hasn't done much in his short career and Sweeney has done even less.  

I'm agreement with everyone who says we need another TE option.  

Bringing in Olsen seems to be an indicator the "everyone" folks at TBD are not alone.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I guess I’m the only one who sees Croom as an intriguing talent.  Obviously needs to stay healthy, but it looked to me like he was developing in 2018

The Bills have serially abused/ignored the TE position for so many year that Croom's 22 career catches gets viewed by fans as "intriguing" talent....