Covid-19 discussion and humor thread [Was: CDC says don't touch your face to avoid Covid19...Vets to the rescue!

C&C Coffee and Kitchen, a breakfast and Korean kitchen at 4284 Trail Boss Drive, had a line out the door about 10 a.m. Mother's Day. Families of all sizes filed in past a “bouncer” with a visible sidearm. Every seat was taken as folks dined in. The floor was packed with people standing, waiting for coffee or take-out orders. One person could be seen wearing a mask inside the building.

“No mask no problem btw,” the Facebook post reads.

Arellano said she was not concerned at all by the fact no customers wore masks or chose to social distance themselves. Arellano said she did not believe the crowd of people in her business was a public health hazard.”

Next likely covid19 hotspot...

full story - https://coloradocommunitymedia.com/stories/castle-rock-business-draws-crowd-against-public-health-orders,298725

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

This kind of thing just makes me want to smack my head against a wall, except that would hurt my head and not help the disease.

It's A Disease.  It Doesn't Care about your Bravado.  It doesn't care if you're afraid, indifferent, or bold.

It does care how you behave.

Big Lie: that not wearing a mask is just about personal choice.  It isn't.  They're about a personal belief system that demands reinforcement.

St Louis Mayor on a requirement to wear masks upon re-opening:

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/st-louis-restaurants-retail-stores-can-open-may-18-employees-must-wear-masks?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=St. Louis Mayor Details Specifics Of May 18 Re-Opening&utm_campaign=newsletter_TS#stream/0

Krewson said she thinks “it’s just extremely important” that restaurants and retail businesses open — but customers will share responsibility for keeping people safe. She said businesses can refuse service to people who are not wearing masks. (......)

“Obviously you can’t wear the mask while you’re eating, but your server can wear the mask and obviously you can wear the mask in and out,” the mayor said. “Most likely you will be dining with people who you are close to.”

Krewson added that business owners reserve the right to refuse service to any customer who does not wear a mask in the particular establishment. 

“The non-maskers can be kind of edgy about it or aggressive about it so I would say don’t confront those people but I would also say avoid them because sooner or later they’re at higher risk,” she said.

“It’s just common sense. You don’t want to get sick and you don’t want to get someone else sick.”

Here's my point: if it were really about personal choice and being personally "unafraid", why would a person not wearing a mask, simply respect the personal choice and personal freedom of a business owner who requires a mask for entry?  Why not just say "OK, you don't want my business, it's my personal choice to go elsewhere", why become aggressive and belligerent?

You don't become aggressive and belligerent when you respect personal choice and freedom.  You become aggressive and belligerent when you DEMAND that everyone else give way to YOUR choice.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

https://www.barrons.com/articles/cord-cutting-picks-up-steam-r-i-p-cable-tv-51588954999

Cord-cutting—people dropping their cable and satellite TV subscriptions—predates the onset of Covid-19. But the pandemic is exaggerating the trend, creating deeper issuers for programming that relies on those services for distribution.

For one thing, it has long been the conventional wisdom that one of the few reasons people have hung on to their pay-TV subscriptions is access to live sports. With almost all professional and college sporting events shut down, that argument carries no weight.

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

You know, I’ve decided....

I will no longer stand by the tyranny of wearing clothes in public.

Damn oppressive government, making me wear pants. 

Who wants to join me? 

?

Oh, yeah?! Make me wear a mask! I double dog dare you!

online%20only%201.JPG

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Oh, yeah?! Make me wear a mask! I double dog dare you!

online%20only%201.JPG

Yeah, I mean, if we have to wear pants and a shirt to go into a store, what’s next? 

Asking us to wear masks while a pandemic ravages the country? Where will it end?!

?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, I mean, if we have to wear pants and a shirt to go into a store, what’s next? 

Asking us to wear masks while a pandemic ravages the country? Where will it end?!

?

I know we are joking, but these actions taken by these heavily armed extremists at that Subway store in NC and at the Michigan statehouse previously, fit the literal definition of the word “terrorism.” AT-4 anti-tank rocket launchers? At a sandwich store? Really? ISIS leaders would be proud. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I know we are joking, but these actions taken by these heavily armed extremists at that Subway store in NC and at the Michigan statehouse previously, fit the literal definition of the word “terrorism.” AT-4 anti-tank rocket launchers? At a sandwich store? Really? ISIS leaders would be proud. 

That's what I meant when I said this is clearly (to me) not about "personal choice" or respecting "personal choice", and "individual rights".  If you tote a weapon or become aggressive towards someone wearing a mask, it's about imposing your choices upon others or intimidating them into serving your choice.

Returning to the epidemiological point: the social compact of mask-wearing to reduce a pandemic disease ("my mask protects you, your mask protects me") only works if....everyone wears masks, not if it's a "personal choice". 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's what I meant when I said this is clearly (to me) not about "personal choice" or respecting "personal choice", and "individual rights".  If you tote a weapon or become aggressive towards someone wearing a mask, it's about imposing your choices upon others or intimidating them into serving your choice.

Returning to the epidemiological point: the social compact of mask-wearing to reduce a pandemic disease ("my mask protects you, your mask protects me") only works if....everyone wears masks, not if it's a "personal choice". 

This should be patently obvious to even the most dim witted among us.