TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

With the 47th pick in the NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Johnathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin. 

Devonta Freeman is really not cutting it. Taylor is a workhorse who will allow us to become more balanced on offense, and will help ease the load on Matt Ryans aging shoulders. The pressence of a true threat in the backfield will help mask some of the holes on the offensive line and will allow Julio and Calvin to see less resistance. 

@Just Joshin' and the New York flying pile of dung (aka Jets) are on the clock. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 47th pick in the NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Johnathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin. 

Devonta Freeman is really not cutting it. Taylor is a workhorse who will allow us to become more balanced on offense, and will help ease the load on Matt Ryans aging shoulders. The pressence of a true threat in the backfield will help mask some of the holes on the offensive line and will allow Julio and Calvin to see less resistance. 

@Just Joshin' and the New York flying pile of dung (aka Jets) are on the clock. 

Did read that devonta could be a cap casualty 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Did read that devonta could be a cap casualty 

Should be. He's been pretty blah since getting paid. We had to let coleman walk due to the money spent on Freeman. RB may not be the highest need, but getting rid of Freeman and grabbing a stud like Taylor works for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Virgil said:

24 - Saints - Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

31 - 49ers - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

33. Bengals - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

35. Raiders *TRADE* - Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

46. Denver - Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

This is a fantasy draft....yes make billieve so your going get some criticism for your move .

All these other WR`s were available without a trade up and with a trade down if Ruggs was not there still and a small trade up in Rnd  2 you could have doubled down on 2 WR`s

• Haha (+1) 1

In round 1 the Jets secured an OT to protect Darnold.  In round 2, it was down to Edge and WR.  Michael Pittman has the size needed for red zone work but WR is deep and one can still be had in round 3.  Rushers are harder to find and the pool is getting shallow.  Thus, the Jets land the Edge rusher they should have drafted last year when they passed on the other Josh Allen.

With the 48th pick, the Jets select Julian Okwara, Edge, Notre Dame.  The Steelers @H2o are on the clock.  @Virgil

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can we please leave the Bills pick alone now?   I think all sides have gotten their point across now.  

I really didn't think it needed so much explanation. I feel good cause I followed Beane in his own words, but we do need to focus on this being a draft thread.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Can we please leave the Bills pick alone now?   I think all sides have gotten their point across now.  

How about some feedback for you @Virgil from a Panthers fan? 

Both your picks are commonly made for the Panthers but I think they don't really take on board the Panthers true needs. I'm biased on Simmons who is a great athlete who can play multiple positions on D, but is he really great at any of them? I think his value at college level won't translate to the NFL because he won't be used in the same way. I understand why you did it with Kuechly leaving but the Panthers gave a ridiculously rich contract to the average Shaq Thompson. They can't afford to overcommit to the LBs. I get it but don't like it.

I really hate the second pick of Fromm. Cam won't leave because they won't be able to get a decent return for him. We picked a.third rounder last year the dreadful Grier, and Kyle Allen did remarkably well with what he was given. Despite that you want to move up for another pocket QB to stick behind our.god awful Oline? yuck.

Carolina had historically bad run D this year. McCoy, Butler and Love are FA and the option won't be taken on Poe. They need Derrick Brown.

BTW thanks for the work you put into this!

Edited by Seoulofstone
Grammar

With the 49th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select KJ Hamler, WR, Penn St. 

The Bears @section122 are on the clock

Washington came on a bit this year, but even before the injury you could see JuJu struggling without AB. Hamler is a WR in who you will immediately have to take into account because of his speed alone if nothing else. When I see him I think a Desean Jackson clone. This will open up the field for JuJu again and hopefully Washington continues to grow during this time. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I really didn't think it needed so much explanation. I feel good cause I followed Beane in his own words, but we do need to focus on this being a draft thread.

I was just having problems finding the picks amongst all the chatter 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seoulofstone said:

How about some feedback for you @Virgil from a Panthers fan? 

Both your picks are commonly made for the Panthers but I think they don't really take on board the Panthers true needs. I'm biased on Simmons who is a great athlete who can play multiple positions on D, but is he really great at any of them? I think his value at college level won't translate to the NFL because he won't be used in the same way. I understand why you did it with Kuechly leaving but the Panthers gave a ridiculously rich contract to the average Shaq Thompson. They can't afford to overcommit to the LBs. I get it but don't like it.

I really hate the second pick of Fromm. Cam won't leave because they won't be able to get a decent return for him. We picked a.third rounder last year the dreadful Grier, and Kyle Allen did remarkably well with what he was given. Despite that you want to move up for another pocket QB to stick behind our.god awful Oline? yuck.

Carolina had historically bad run D this year. McCoy, Butler and Love are FA and the option won't be taken on Poe. They need Derrick Brown.

BTW thanks for the work you put into this!

Simmons can play ILB, which is a huge need and he is the complete top tier of LB in the draft.  I think he’s a stud and they’d be happy to have him drop.  

The QB pick is hard for me because I haven’t researched them much yet, but I can see Cam getting straight up released.  There’s a lot of rumor of that.  

The Panthers could very well be doing a rebuild so I drafted with that in mind.  They have their HB, MLB, WR, and possibly QB of the future, which is where most rebuilds start.  

I’m sure neither of these picks will happen, but it’s where I would go in those spots.  

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yeah - are we doing 3 rounds? - I lost track as well

Just the two 

• Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Simmons can play ILB, which is a huge need and he is the complete top tier of LB in the draft.  I think he’s a stud and they’d be happy to have him drop.  

The QB pick is hard for me because I haven’t researched them much yet, but I can see Cam getting straight up released.  There’s a lot of rumor of that.  

The Panthers could very well be doing a rebuild so I drafted with that in mind.  They have their HB, MLB, WR, and possibly QB of the future, which is where most rebuilds start.  

I’m sure neither of these picks will happen, but it’s where I would go in those spots.  

Just the two 

Lol 3 rounds could take the whole week. We lost a lot of steam in round 2 and it got quite confusing. 
Next time I think we should have 2 threads. A locked one with the results and the trades etc etc and one people can chat in about the picks and trades. Clean things up a little. It was fun though I’d never research the browns or the guys I drafted for them since I doubt the bills target them without this mock. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol 3 rounds could take the whole week. We lost a lot of steam in round 2 and it got quite confusing. 
Next time I think we should have 2 threads. A locked one with the results and the trades etc etc and one people can chat in about the picks and trades. Clean things up a little. It was fun though I’d never research the browns or the guys I drafted for them since I doubt the bills target them without this mock. 

Not a bad idea

48 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You could be right. For me it's his versatility that made him special at Clemson and I can't see him being used like that in the NFL.  

I can see Cam getting straight up released.  There’s a lot of rumor of that.  

Maybe, but he's a (relatively) cheap former league MVP. If you cut him the dead cap is minimal 2M and you save 17M but you are letting a 30 year old walk for zero comp. Fromm would get murdered behind our OL. Allen won in Texas and Tennessee and led a 4th quarter drive to the 1 yard line in a blizzard in Green Bay. In a way it doesn't matter because the Panthers are expected to be bad next year, but I don't know if Fromm would be an improvement.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, Reed83HOF said:

With the 15th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Denver Broncos have traded the pick to the Buffalo Bills the details are as follows:

Buffalo Trades picks: #22 (780) + #54 (360) + #86 (160) + 2021 3rd 

Buffalo Receives picks #15 (1050) & #77(205)

With pick #15 the Buffalo Bills select Henry Ruggs

So in the deepest WR class in years, we gave up all those picks to move up to get a WR who would have been there at 22?  

I just don’t see the logic in this.  This feels like a personal want than an attempt to mock what Beane would actually do.  

Cant see any scenario where Beane trades up for Ruggs.  Nothing against him, he’s a heck of a prospect, but he’s not even the consensus best WR on the board there.  

Note:  I see from comments at current last page of this thread this has apparently been discussed a lot.  So don’t feel obliged to reply.  I was just floored with the unrealistic nature of this trade.  All good, it’s just a mock for fun obviously. It’s just this happens all the time where whoever has the Bills pick makes some unrealistic trade in these mocks 

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So in the deepest WR class in years, we gave up all those picks to move up to get a WR who would have been there at 22?  

I just don’t see the logic in this.  This feels like a personal want than an attempt to mock what Beane would actually do.  

Cant see any scenario where Beane trades up for Ruggs.  Nothing against him, he’s a heck of a prospect, but he’s not even the consensus best WR on the board there.  

The consensus top 3 are Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs - read the threads on this board I am not repeating everything. Stupid to take Shenault or Higgins or anyone else

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

The consensus top 3 are Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs - read the threads on this board I am not repeating everything. Stupid to take Shenault or Higgins or anyone else

All good, I had already added a note saying you didn’t even have to reply as I could tell by other comments you answered it a lot, but you responded before I made the edit.  

That being said, there is almost no chance at all Beane moves up to draft Ruggs in this draft class, especially at that price.  

• Like (+1) 1