TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

24 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He is a great prospect if it was us 1 year ago and I love him for Denver in RD2. You also have to factor in, we need to really start to understand what we have in Josh, years 4 & 5 are right around the corner. Do you want to get stuck with an Andy Dalton/Goff or do you want to be sure he is the guy?

I enjoy this part of the offseason, because of all of the various nuances. Once we can get through the first week or so of UFA we will have a good picture as to where we are going. You should check out the Shenault thread, there is some good stuff in there from Bandit & Badol

I agree. That’s why it’s difficult sorting this stuff before FA and the combine. If they do sign a guy like Green then Reagor might make sense as he could fill the McKenzie role while improving his craft. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I know I’m on the clock. Don’t skip me- it’ll be In shortly!

Wanna shock the world by trading that pick to the packers? 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m going to be offline for the next 3 hours.  Trades can happen at equal value.  Please post your team, your pick, and tag the next GM. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I know I’m on the clock. Don’t skip me- it’ll be In shortly!

I hate you 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, RyanC883 said:

1000% agree with this.  I'd target Hooper or Henry as FA1. 

Back to the draft, I'll take Jags, Seattle and/or Saints.  Whatever is needed.  

OL and WR will be what they pursue in FA.  I perceive both as needs.  From what I have seen of Our GM and HC.  They will not have any perceived needs going into the draft.  So that BPA is in play.

54 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t like giving up the picks to move up, BUT in this situation you’re 100% correct. 
If they identify a player as you did that you feel is can’t miss and a game changing elite talent you go get him. We have good players. We are lacking in the elite category. If that receiver hits and turns out elite it’s a genius trade. If he busts its possibly a future firing. GM’s take these shots all the time, you have to try. 

I wouldn't even say it's a possible firing, the key is being more often right than wrong, which Beane thus FAs has been.  You just have to be smart with the risks you take. We have a filled out roster and teams actually claim our cuts now lol. Obviously you can't do this every year, but if a window opens where it makes sense you have to look at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It certainly gets more difficult as teams improve. I just don’t see a Julio or Megatron in this draft class. For that reason I’d want to double down on WRs. Perhaps take a high ceiling player and a high floor player later along with a lineman, etc. That’s a bit skewed by my view of our WR depth chart.... I see two starters (Brown & Beasley) and a bunch of WR 4’s or WR5’s. Basically viewing it as 3 WR spots that can be improved, which is why I like the extra picks for the Bills. I see the merit in getting “the guy”. We were lucky this year though, and I just can’t Phaethon how bad the O would have looked last season if Smoke has gone down with no one behind him. 

100% agree on our terrible wrs, that is why I'm more willing to go after a Hooper in fa, cheaper option to add a pass catcher and double te sets if knox can catch are a pain to defend. I would keep enough ammo to get another project wr in the draft and we have plenty to trade the 4, 5s and 6s to get back to rd3. Also we dont need a megatron...

• Like (+1) 1

With the 36th pick, the Detroit Lions select Jeff Gladney, CB from TCU. 

Jeff is a shut down corner waiting to happen. Good In man and zone, he’ll make a great partner to Slay and eventual replacement as CB 1. I wanted Okudah in 1, but Brown and Gladney is a great get!

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

100% agree on our terrible wrs, that is why I'm more willing to go after a Hooper in fa, cheaper option to add a pass catcher and double te sets if knox can catch are a pain to defend. I would keep enough ammo to get another project wr in the draft and we have plenty to trade the 4, 5s and 6s to get back to rd3. Also we dont need a megatron...

We certainly don’t need a megatron. I’d be happy with Ruggs, especially with the compensation we got Edmunds for. I have a feeling though that both Ruggs and Reagor are going to go higher than expected and Shenault and Higgins are drafted later. There’s a good possibility both the former run under 4.3 and post 40” verticals. I also think that Beane might make a move for Epenesa and double dip at WR in 2-4. Bryce Hall (CB UVA) is someone I could see with our 2nd pick too.  I’m sure a few holes get filled in FA. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

With 38th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select D'Andre Swift RB - Georgia @wppete is on the clock.

We looked at def here which we can still address this round.  Damien William's did ok this season and came up big when it matter most. Shady is washed up and we need a playmaker at the postion.  We feel that swift is a difference maker and can be 3 down back if we need him to. With mahomes, kelce, hill and Hardmon and now adding swift....we are priming ourselves to defend the "ship".

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, bkep32 said:

With 38th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select D'Andre Swift RB - Georgia @wppete is on the clock.

We looked at def here which we can still address this round.  Damien William's did ok this season and came up big when it matter most. Shady is washed up and we need a playmaker at the postion.  We feel that swift is a difference maker and can be 3 down back if we need him to. With mahomes, kelce, hill and Hardmon and now adding swift....we are priming ourselves to defend the "ship".

I hate you.. lol good pick for them. 

5 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Swift could be what Kareem Hunt used to be for them. Kinda sick to think about especially since they just won the SB. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

I think we are off picks guys....some said I was up sonic picked but going back and looking at it seems we are off order

Ps...I lied...I was looking at first round order...leave me alone I'm trying to watch my lil girl at gymnastics 

Edited by bkep32
  • Haha (+1) 1