TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

20 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

If the Patriots draft Shenault after the Bills gave up a million needed picks for Ruggs I am going to bash my head into a brick wall 5x then have my left small toe amputated and cremated.   I would hate Bills life so much.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Or they grab Love, they’re QB of the future. 

If they do either without having to trade up....

I saw a mock today that had love to the Dolphins at 5

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If they do either without having to trade up....

I saw a mock today that had love to the Dolphins at 5

We’ll see how it all plays out. There are always risers and fallers throughout the draft process. Often a surprise pick or two as well. It’s hard to even speculate before the combine and FA. For all we know the fish might land Newton for their late 1st. ?‍♂️. I enjoy the exercise though. It’s valuable for the extra research and digging. 

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

If the Patriots draft Shenault after the Bills gave up a million needed picks for Ruggs I am going to bash my head into a brick wall 5x then have my left small toe amputated and cremated.   I would hate Bills life so much.

The New England Patriots select Leviska Shenault WR Colorado.

No I'm just kidding.  I think the Patriots will try to trade down from this spot and recoup the second they gave up for Sanu.  That didn't work here and I would be really surprised to see them go wr back to back rounds.  Offensive line was a huge issue last year but there was a run on ots. Bill loves drafting Georgia players.

Therefore, with the 23rd pick the New England Patriots select Solomon Kindley, og, UGA.

@CNYfan and the Saints are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

NOLA lacks a second round pick.   They would love to move back and pick up extra picks this year, probably the last of Drew Brees career and they are confident they will find a buyer with Jordan Love still available.     Jaelon Raegor falls under consideration as a replacement for the aging Ted Ginn and whodat are suffering at the second level of the defense so Queen or K. Murray are being strongly considered.  

M. Thomas needs a real running mate and the NOLA Saints select Laviska Shenault WR Colorado.

The Vikings with @section122 are on the 4 hour clock.

Hasta Laviska  baby!! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

NOLA lacks a second round pick.   They would love to move back and pick up extra picks this year, probably the last of Drew Brees career and they are confident they will find a buyer with Jordan Love still available.   

I knew I should've messaged you! I was worried about the value needed to get there though.

With 26th Pick in the 2020 Draft the Miami Dolphins select OT Josh Jones - Houston. The Seattle Seahawks and @BuffaloHokie13 are on the Clock. @Virgil

The Dolphins stayed put at #5 got Justin Herbert and added 2 elite OTs in Andrew Thomas (Georgia) and Josh Jones (Houston) to protect their young QB. Miami already has weapons at WR and TE. Possibly a RB in the mid rounds and the offense should be much better next year.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

The Seattle Seahawks have traded picks 27 and 136 (718*1.1=789.8) to the Indianapolis Colts for picks 34, 75, and 191(790) - @Virgil may edit as necessary...

With the 27th pick in the NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Jordan Love, QB, Utah State.

@GunnerBill and the Cowboys are on the clock.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
Tags and stuff
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The Seattle Seahawks have traded picks 27 and 136 (718*1.1=789.8) to the Indianapolis Colts for picks 34, 75, and 191(790) - @Virgil may edit as necessary...

With the 27th pick in the NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Jordan Love, QB, Utah State.

@GunnerBill and the Cowboys are on the clock.

Great trade (maybe a little light on the Hawks side, but that's the kind of trade they make on a regular basis) and great selection for the Colts. Even if Love sits behind Brisket for a bit, he's still got all the tools to be the future... 

Plus, having Lamb and Hilton to throw to is delicious. This will make it a lot easier to swallow when Andrew Luck comes out of retirement after the draft to play for the Buccaneers. :P

• Haha (+1) 1

Gunner sent me his pick. 

The Dallas Cowboys select Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

@Philo and the Titans are on the clock 

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Great trade (maybe a little light on the Hawks side, but that's the kind of trade they make on a regular basis) and great selection for the Colts. Even if Love sits behind Brisket for a bit, he's still got all the tools to be the future... 

Plus, having Lamb and Hilton to throw to is delicious. This will make it a lot easier to swallow when Andrew Luck comes out of retirement after the draft to play for the Buccaneers. :P

Agreed. Great trade and first round for the Colts. 

My only challenge is why you felt you had to trade up that high for your QB instead of targeting the 31/32 picks, give up less, and still get your 5th year option 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

My only challenge is why you felt you had to trade up that high for your QB instead of targeting the 31/32 picks, give up less, and still get your 5th year option 

Worried about someone jumping in front of him, I guess? Maybe the Panthers?

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed. Great trade and first round for the Colts. 

Well, none of the 6 teams I listed as potentially prioritizing QB took one, so I paid a slight premium to not compete to get back in at the very end. Even after the move Colts still have pick 44 and 2 4th round picks. I think 2 1sts, a 2nd, and 2 4ths in the first 4 rounds is pretty good! And Seattle picks up a 3rd to go with their now 3 2nd round picks.

Also, Love is 20 on my board. Eason is the next QB and he's at 33. Didn't want to miss out on the value. 

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

With the 29th pick, the Tennessee Titans select Trevon Diggs, CB Alabama.  The Packers ( @Buffalo Junction ) are on the clock.

Logan Ryan's deal is up and he is allowed to walk in FA due to age and potential contract numbers. Malcom Butler is under contract for another couple of years (at a high price), but is approaching 30 and coming off IR. Tennessee looks to get younger and cheaper in the secondary. Diggs is a sure choice to pair with Adoree Jackson for the future and ensure pass defense does not quickly become a liability for the Titans in 2020.

• Like (+1) 2

The Packers are ecstatic that they have three of their top targets available: Raekwon Davis, Kenneth Murray, and Jalen Reagor. We are in win now mode. As such we let Jimmy Graham go, freed up an extra $8MM in cap and subsequently addressed NT and got A-A-Rod a veteran weapon. We truly like Reagor as a game breaking weapon, but we acknowledge that unless we can stop the run teams like TN and SF will destroy us. Simply put Rodgers is useless on the sideline. That coupled with the draft depth at WR this year leads us to finishing this defensive rebuild for a championship run. 

With the 30th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select....

KENNETH MURRAY, LB, OKLAHOMA.

San Francisco (@DJB) is now on the clock.