TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

With the 6th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select, Derrick Brown, DT from Auburn. 

We're thrilled to be grabbing one of the best players on the board, while also getting a ton of draft capital. Brown will come in and anchor our defensive front, improving our entire Defense in the prospect. He's big, strong, fast, and physical. He'll also help Trey Flowers get back to his high level of play. 

@Virgil and the Panthers are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Virgil, 

Also are we using Draft Tek board for the entire draft as well with their projected compensatory picks or just straight with no projected Compensatory picks?

Honestly, hadn't thought about it.  Handle it case by case

11 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

And we hit a wall

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Commish asleep at the wheel. High profile business meetings and such. ?

Suck it

With the 7th Pick in TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Carolina Panthers run to the podium to select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson.

GM:  The Panthers tried trading up for Tua, but were outbid by the chargers.  They tried again with the Giants to get Simmons and are more than thrilled to see that their Kuechly replacement was still there waiting for them, their biggest loss so far.  At 7 overall, the Panthers feel they have a legit DROY candidate and a strong first piece in this transitional period.

The Cardinals @Mark Vader are on the clock

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, hadn't thought about it.  Handle it case by case

Suck it

With the 7th Pick in TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Carolina Panthers run to the podium to select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson.

GM:  The Panthers tried trading up for Tua, but were outbid by the chargers.  They tried again with the Giants to get Simmons and are more than thrilled to see that their Kuechly replacement was still there waiting for them, their biggest loss so far.  At 7 overall, the Panthers feel they have a legit DROY candidate and a strong first piece in this transitional period.

The Cardinals @Mark Vader are on the clock

Great pick. When I put in the Brown pick I knew you'd be thrilled to have Simmons fall in your lap. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Great pick. When I put in the Brown pick I knew you'd be thrilled to have Simmons fall in your lap. 

I was worried about you taking Simmons honestly.  A lot of mocks have the Panthers taking the guy you took, but they also had Simmons gone to Detroit.

Simmons is going to be a monster and honestly a guy I wish Buffalo could get.  He makes complete sense for the Panthers at 7

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I was worried about you taking Simmons honestly.  A lot of mocks have the Panthers taking the guy you took, but they also had Simmons gone to Detroit.

Simmons is going to be a monster and honestly a guy I wish Buffalo could get.  He makes complete sense for the Panthers at 7

I did some digging and just couldn't find anyone talking about Simmons to the Lions. It's pretty much Okudah, or Brown. I like Simmons but I think Brown is a better fit for what we need. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really thought hard about taking Simmons at #5 and hoping for Herbert to Drop so I can try and trade up but couldnt take that risk.

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I really thought hard about taking Simmons at #5 and hoping for Herbert to Drop so I can try and trade up but couldnt take that risk.

Yeah.. that's a rough situation to be in. Depending on your thoughts on Eason and Love, maybe worth it, but not worth the risk if you have Herbert much higher than those guys. 

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think people would riot if the Dolphins didn't get a QB.  That's why I still have all my money on them trading to 3 to get Tua

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I think people would riot if the Dolphins didn't get a QB.  That's why I still have all my money on them trading to 3 to get Tua

Then they better get to three.  because I could see then being shut out of Tua trying to sit at 5 and hope he falls, specially if the medicals do check out

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Tuas injuries are a concern and the price was very high just to move up 2 spots. Very Happy with Herbert and 2 more picks in the 1st round.