TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

we are signing an edge in FA and as Beane said, we lost in Houston because we didn't score enough points...

I think a lot of folks might be disappointed with the DE we sign in FA. I really won’t be surprised if Beane resigns Shaq and then brings in a Kyler Fackrel type to take over Zo’s role. I like Ruggs. I’m just not certain he’s worth that much capital in a deep WR class. 

56 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Would love to have Ruggs, but hate to give up picks to get him.  (would REALLY have loved Lamb) Seeing as you traded up to take a WR in the top half of the first round, I am sure the Sammy Watkins comparisons will be coming...

Without a doubt, I would say that comparing the situations is much different as where the team's are cap and talent wise. We have very few (none) blue chippers who can score, while the wr depth is tremendous, you can't rely on past draft bust rates in rd1. He is a highly ranked prospect, who is a tremendous athlete and if one of those fall, you go after it. It isn't an over draft either. 

Edit: yes you rely on the strength of the draft, but that doesn't mean you pass up better talent, that is shown on film, and hope to get someone close or with a few more question marks with other picks. If great talent falls in a position you desperately need you go get it. 

Edited by Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I think a lot of folks might be disappointed with the DE we sign in FA. I really won’t be surprised if Beane resigns Shaq and then brings in a Kyler Fackrel type to take over Zo’s role. I like Ruggs. I’m just not certain he’s worth that much capital in a deep WR class. 

This I could understand the trade up for a player like Chaisson or Andrew Thomas. But Ruggs is meh to me aside from speed. I'd rather get Jefferson if you're not going big.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

This I could understand the trade up for a player like Chaisson or Andrew Thomas. But Ruggs is meh to me aside from speed. I'd rather get Jefferson if you're not going big.

Have you even watched video of him? He has insane acceleration, can track a poorly and underthrown deep ball, makes back shoulder catches, has great hands and is a tremendous run blocker.

https://youtu.be/CePxgfhbkec

For the record, yes I like other wrs in this draft who will be available at 22 or later, but this kid is gonna be damn good.

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Have uyou even watched video of him? He has insane acceleration, can track a poorly and underthrown deep ball, makes back shoulder catches, has great hands and is a tremendous run blocker.

https://youtu.be/CePxgfhbkec

Yes, I have, personally I'm not a huge fan of his. I get people like him, but I want a WR who gets open against both press man, and off man and zone. Jefferson does all that as an average sized WR plus he's a willing blocker

1 minute ago, Monty98 said:

Yes, I have, personally I'm not a huge fan of his. I get people like him, but I want a WR who gets open against both press man, and off man and zone. Jefferson does all that as an average sized WR plus he's a willing blocker

I like Jefferson if we stay put and move up in rd2 for him, but Jefferson is not nearly as explosive and you can get a player closer to him in rd3, such as Mims. Aiyuk is a good choice too, Ruggs is 6 foot 190, plays a very physical game and has beyond elite speed with great hands.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I like Jefferson if we stay put and move up in rd2 for him, but Jefferson is not nearly as explosive and you can get a player closer to him in rd3, such as Mims. Aiyuk is a good choice too, Ruggs is 6 foot 190, plays a very physical game and has beyond elite speed with great hands.

That's fair, I think we'll agree to disagree here based on our opinions ☺️

• Like (+1) 1

The Jags were looking to get some defensive line help, but the value wasn't there.  Instead, they look at their second need and get the second best DB in the league in CJ Henderson

The Cardinals are on the clock

@Mark Vader

Edited by Virgil

18 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Shhhh Shhhh on Aiyuk. I still have to pick for the Packers later. Let’s not remind folks. 

• Haha (+1) 1