Astro's "Pick-Six" Discussing the upcoming 2020 Bills Draft

MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, billspro said:

watkins was pretty good preinjuries

Yeah, I would be excited, but nervous about Shenault. O-line upgrades still and playmakers are the most important elements to helping Josh become a franchise qb so I am good with investment in those areas.

On 1/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, MAJBobby said:

I hated the Zay pick well before it happened and I am relatively low on Laviska, but I definitely think Laviska is a better prospect.

Having said that, Turner is saying Shenault's size/explosion/athleticism should allow him to get open in the NFL...same height as Zay and I will be very shocked if his athletic scores are as good as Zay's. He carries more weight than Zay did, but athleticism is not at all going to differentiate Laviska from Zay.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Turner is saying Shenault's size/explosion/athleticism should allow him to get open in the NFL...same height as Zay and I will be very shocked if his athletic scores are as good as Zay's. He carries more weight than Zay did, but athleticism is not at all going to differentiate Laviska from Zay.

While I'd like to go another direction than Shenault, I don't doubt that he'd be way better than Zay.   

If nothing else, Shenault is much more physical and has a "football player" approach to the game from the video I've seen.    OTOH, despite Zay's family background which should have given him a leg up, I never saw that in him.   He played soft and didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do way too often...    

16 hours ago, Lurker said:

While I'd like to go another direction than Shenault, I don't doubt that he'd be way better than Zay.   

If nothing else, Shenault is much more physical and has a "football player" approach to the game from the video I've seen.    OTOH, despite Zay's family background which should have given him a leg up, I never saw that in him.   He played soft and didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do way too often...    

Yeah, I mean, I didn't like the idea of taking Zay even if it were like the 4th or 5th round. With Laviska, it's more just that I'm higher on other WRs, but I think he's a fine 2nd round guy (and if we add an established X WR, I'd honestly be fine with taking him at 22). I'm sure if we take him, there will be other WRs I would have preferred, but I won't be legitimately angry about the pick the way I was with the Zay one.

12 hours ago, GreggTX said:

We have one of the best safety tandems in the NFL in Poyer and Hyde. Why in the world would we waste a first round pick on a safety when we have so many other holes to fill?

Last year on poyers deal.  Is he worth 10+ mill a year?  

I’d be pissed if we drafted a S in r1 but you asked the question.  That’s the only reason I could come up with.  

On 1/31/2020 at 8:50 PM, tcampbell104 said:

do you mean like great receiver or a cancer

i mean runs routes almost too hard/fast, runs full speed with the ball, physical beyond his size.

just an intense high pressure style of player.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, Lurker said:

Can't see Indy at 13 passing on him.  They have a huge need at WR.    The Bills would have to trade with the Raiders for the #12 pick to move ahead of them...

Yeah.   They did their DD.   

But he'd be a bit of a project and I'm not sure the Bills are set up for that this year...

I can see Indy also going QB in the first too though.  

I can’t imagine that a HC who is an ex QB is sitting there thinking they are set at QB right now.  This is such a deep WR draft, and there may be a pretty intriguing QB in the board when they pick or within a trade up striking distance too if they felt like there was a guy they wanted to go get.

That being said, Jeudy could also easily go to the Raiders too a pick earlier

Edited by Alphadawg7