The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

giphy.gif

Things a Nazi might say for $100, Chuck

If you report a drunk driver who has a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an accident you're a responsible citizen.  You report a group who's breaking social distancing that could literally harm thousands, and you're a liberty hating snitch.  At least try to make sense. 

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

“And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

Looks like he hit the nail on the head with you.

I guess so Warren, but does anyone find it shocking that the Director of the Center for DISEASE CONTROL would make statements that lean towards disease control! I don’t. On the contrary, I’ve been more upset at Fauchi’s late February comments that ‘all is well’. Again....why is this news worthy?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I guess so Warren, but does anyone find it shocking that the Director of the Center for DISEASE CONTROL would make statements that lean towards disease control! I don’t. On the contrary, I’ve been more upset at Fauchi’s late February comments that ‘all is well’. Again....why is this news worthy?

Unfortunately you don't have the brain capacity to understand what he means.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No h in Fauci FYI. 

It's newsworthy because there is so little talk about it. It's been clear that this first 70-100,000 deaths and hospital overrun is just an initial small wave (small because it started at zero cases, small because we shut down, and small probably because the south already had some warm weather coming to the rescue), so it's worth understanding what is coming in the fall lineup. Barring treatment leaps and big changes to the way we act, it ain't gonna be pretty. 

Edited by shoshin

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

No h in Fauci FYI. 

I think it's newsworthy because there is so little talk about it. It's been clear that this is just an initial small wave (small because it started at zero cases and small because we shut down), so I think it's worth understanding what is coming in the fall lineup. Barring treatment leaps and big changes to the way we act, it ain't gonna be pretty. 

We had better pray it doesn't take the same path as Spanish flu did in the fall.

Just now, daz28 said:

We had better pray it doesn't take the same path as Spanish flu did in the fall.

Of course this is what is going to happen barring treatment breakthroughs. It's not even that controversial. We will start in the fall with thousands of cases still floating around spread across lots of geographies, instead of just a few located in few places. 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Of course this is what is going to happen barring treatment breakthroughs. It's not even that controversial. We will start in the fall with thousands of cases still floating around spread across lots of geographies, instead of just a few located in few places. 

"Nobody could have seen this coming"

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Things a Nazi might say for $100, Chuck

If you report a drunk driver who has a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an accident you're a responsible citizen.  You report a group who's breaking social distancing that could literally harm thousands, and you're a liberty hating snitch.  At least try to make sense. 

You seem to have some sort of fascination with Nazis. Yet, by comparing someone who violates social distancing with the wholesale extermination of Jews, you seem to have absolutely no understanding of what transpired under the Nazi regime in regard to the intentional terrorization, torture, and murder of millions of people.

Maybe you should read a history book or two....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

No h in Fauci FYI. 

It's newsworthy because there is so little talk about it. It's been clear that this first 70-100,000 deaths and hospital overrun is just an initial small wave (small because it started at zero cases and small because we shut down), so it's worth understanding what is coming in the fall lineup. Barring treatment leaps and big changes to the way we act, it ain't gonna be pretty. 

Thanks, and understood, but the reporting on these comments has been to stir up controversy surrounding them. I, on the other hand, liken his comments to the fire department telling people to clear brush from around their property in preparation for the upcoming fire season. Or for those in the east coast, to winterize your house. I think the man is just doing his job. Again, where’s the big story? Where’s the controversy? Just sounds like good advise to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You seem to have some sort of fascination with Nazis. Yet, by comparing someone who violates social distancing with the wholesale extermination of Jews, you seem to have absolutely no understanding of what transpired under the Nazi regime in regard to the intentional terrorization, torture, and murder of millions of people.

Maybe you should read a history book or two....

Let it go Felicia.  The point is that I'm mocking the people who compare someone reporting anything is a freedom hating Nazi.

8 hours ago, daz28 said:

If I reported the Gestapo rounding up Jews, and it stopped it, I'd consider myself a hero, not a snitch.  

Who were you going to report Gestapo's actions to?  To the German government?

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

So you dont read her notes and you dont listen to Don soooooo.....you are informed how? A different third party reporting? Better to hear the whole story from the source no?

I’m not. You know a person can actually live their life without hanging on every bit of information regarding this *****. I work 12 hour days now done have time for it and guess what?  I’m still alive. ? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sweden appears to be heading towards herd immunity.

A new coronavirus test of blood taken from blood donors in Stockholm shows that at least 11 out of 100 had developed antibodies, with the real figure believed to be higher. The research, which is still at an early stage, is being carried out by the Karolinska Institute and Karolinska University Hospital, the local media reported.

The test is only 70-80% sensitive; according to the researchers there will be no false positives, but there may be false negatives, that is people who test negative despite having had the coronavirus.

"You cannot draw conclusions about the exact percentages, but we know that those 11% have had (the coronavirus). It is not enough for a research report, but too important to keep under wraps," clinical microbiologist Jan Albert told broadcaster SVT. The test is set to be rolled out to more people on Tuesday.

They aren't there yet and there would still need to be lots more infections for that to happen but as of right now their medical systems have not been overrun so that each patient can't get the care they need, at least from the reports I have read.     

The new cases are beginning to flatten but the deaths are beginning to go up, as the deaths are a lagging indicator.  So I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to tighten up even more if the pressure mounts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Who were you going to report Gestapo's actions to?  To the German government?

To the people(via media), but unfortunately the government would have just called it fake news.  Also, a good portion of the country was behind the stupidity.

12 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Let it go Felicia.  The point is that I'm mocking the people who compare someone reporting anything is a freedom hating Nazi.

No the point is, when you compare someone violating social distancing to what the Nazis did to the Jews, you are insulting the memories of the victims that were singled out, tortured, terrorized, and murdered under that brutal regime.

Do us a favor, why don't you contact a holocaust survivor and ask him / her if they feel the same way when they see someone violating social distancing as they did when they saw a Nazi.....

If you find one that agrees with you I will apologize.

Until then, why don't you just STFU about a topic of which you clearly are ignorant

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

To the people(via media), but unfortunately the government would have just called it fake news.  Also, a good portion of the country was behind the stupidity.

So you don't even see the irony that you would be reporting the actions of one arm of the government to another part of the government that sanctioned those actions in the first place? 

You know what else the Nazis did?  They set up the equivalent of a hotline to report the Jews to the Gestapo.  Not the other way around.

In your example, who is acting more like the Nazi government?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

No the point is, when you compare someone violating social distancing to what the Nazis did to the Jews, you are insulting to the memories of the victims that were singled out, tortured, terrorized, and murdered under that brutal regime.

Do us a favor, why don't you contact a holocaust survivor and ask him / her if they feel the same way when they see someone violating social distancing as they did when they saw a Nazi.....

If you find one that agrees with you I will apologize.

Until then, why don't you just STFU about a topic of which you clearly are ignorant

That's your take on it.  Let's wait and see how many real holocaust survivors stop by and feel I was being insulting.  If a few do, I will apologize. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

So you don't even see the irony that you would be reporting the actions of one arm of the government to another part of the government that sanctioned those actions in the first place? 

You know what else the Nazis did?  They set up the equivalent of a hotline to report the Jews to the Gestapo.  Not the other way around.

In your example, who is acting more like the Nazi government?

Bottom line is that one is acting for the good, the other is not.