The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

Well then consider yourself fortunate, because I know of four people that have it and two of them passed away. The two were elderly. 

Of course, this hits the elderly the hardest.  Even when the restrictions are lifted, I can't get too close to my 76 year old mother 

• Sad 3

18 hours ago, spartacus said:

their per capita numbers are now similar to US, but they did not lock down

seems to be working fine for Sweden

they are much farther in developing herd immunity since they did not lockdown

yet their numbers are no worse than the US which are skewed by the NYC cess pool

Sweden is doing really well relative to all the predictions that were being made from the media..  Sort of reminds me of the scary predictions from the media regarding Florida and all the other states that were “slow” or never enacted their stay-at-home orders.

I am happy that it appears that they were wrong.

Data and reasoning is winning over fear.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2

Trump up

Hoping Senate will vote tomorrow (on paycheck protection program... I read elsewhere it is 4pm)

Filling the strategic reserves. Filling 75 (m or b? I missed it) barrels, topped out. 

VP Pence spoke with Governors from all 50 states. They provided the NAZ + phone numbers for state labs with additional capacity. 

Beating up the Governor from Maryland. (yikes)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pritzker didn't understand his capacity.  (Side note... I have a friend in Chicago who got a test today. She said it was done by the military, capped at 250 people per day, and she needs to wait 5-7 days for results. )

He took the press to task over their ventilator coverage.  Ventilator Shortage That Wasn’t and  How the Media Completely Blew the Trump Ventilator Story mentioned

DOD guy speaking very quickly. I speak fast, this guy is Graves disease quick... 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

DOD guy has a slide up for what they built, needed beds, etc. The slide is great. This may be worth finding the clip.

He's praising his Army Corp of Engineer guys, the mayors, governors, etc. Showing slides of what they built, and what the space started with and the final product.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump asks him to give them a wall update.  This man is in charge of building the wall in Mexico (I couldn't get his name).
General: 4K contractors, 400 employees, and no pause in building the wall. Construction is going smoothly.  164 miles done as of today. Will be finished the start of next year.

I love when the press asks one of these Generals questions.  Even the most obnoxious "journalist" tones it down. 

• Like (+1) 4

Trump held up a huge list of labs (pieces of equipment is 5000)  where the governors can use labs. They can use federal labs too.

Trump back on bringing the supply chains back. Built it here!

72 active therapy trials, 211 in the planning stages
Includes therapies to attack the virus, hinder the virus, as well as the blood  transfers

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

Admiral Giroir - expanding US suppliers of swab (want in 2 weeks a year's worth). 
The supplier was in Italy in the beginning of March. (!!)
Small, medium, and large testing machines
He's talking about the FDA. 
Find this clip, it really explains what has happened with the swabs.

Brad Smith - working to increase supply of testing.  Machine (we have a lot), collection supplies for the specimens, materials to be able to process the swab.
Small machine are point of care.
Large machines can do thousands.

I'd find this guy's clip, too. There is no way I can do all his information justice.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Pence: that memorandum of labs... he said we provided them a map of where they are. 
We have enough testing capacity for every state in America to go to phase 1 (if they qualify). 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

Admiral GiroiThere are 40M tests in the market. It is an end-to-end problem.  If the machines were being utilized, they could  do more tests if the states would use the machine capability.

He explained who they are testing.   Nursing homes, Indian health, etc. He explained about track and trace and asymptomatic.

LOL The Governor of Maryland must be a treat. He's getting tests from South Korea, and the Admiral is "I don't know what he is doing."
Mike Pence got in there and diplomatically said the Governor mentioned nothing on the call, he does not know when the order was placed, put up the capacity slide, and pointed out there is plenty of tests and capacity.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Bet you 10 bucks someone reports something totally different than what was explicitly laid out about tests today.  They can never say enough about the testing. 

Gal, if you haven’t figured it out by now, the testing is a straw horse put up by the Left so they can say until everyone in America gets a daily test we aren’t making a move. The scientists have already explained that that’s not only impossible but also uselessly bad science. (PS: 70% of yesterday’s deaths were all in and around the NY metro area. We had a grand total of 28 deaths yesterday in California, the largest State in the Union.)

4 hours ago, spartacus said:

their per capita numbers are now similar to US, but they did not lock down

seems to be working fine for Sweden

they are much farther in developing herd immunity since they did not lockdown

yet their numbers are no worse than the US which are skewed by the NYC cess pool

Sweden has a lot of differences with the US that work to its advantage (homogeneity, few big urban centers, compliant and educated population, organized centrally planned healthcare), so that it's now level with the US is not a winning moment. Plus, they are still rising. Sweden is no longer the darling of the NY Times crowd it once was. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Pritzker didn't understand his capacity.  (Side note... I have a friend in Chicago who got a test today. She said it was done by the military, capped at 250 people per day, and she needs to wait 5-7 days for results. )

He took the press to task over their ventilator coverage.  Ventilator Shortage That Wasn’t and  How the Media Completely Blew the Trump Ventilator Story mentioned

DOD guy speaking very quickly. I speak fast, this guy is Graves disease quick... 

And the number of ventilators that our local hospital is using now for their sickest patients is zero.  They learned that in their recent experience, pressurized oxygen is more effective and easier to administer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1