The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why not? It could be the best way to handle it going forward. Who’s to say we haven’t come across a nasty virus that’s really really stubborn? We simple don’t know enough about it’s longevity in the global population yet. It simply hasn’t been around long enough to know. But...we also don’t know enough about the long term impact of these vaccines (got my second dose yesterday). One thing I do know is that we’re all WAY better than to be wearing a stupid mask around for the remainder of the human species! 

Agreed.  I get more worried about the long term effects of new drugs compared to the vaccines just in the way each works once implemented into the body.  The one group that I do feel shouldn't be pressured to get vaccinated for the overall good of society is young women who either are pregnant or want to have kids.  The data since the vaccines have been implemented have been encouraging in that regard.

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you actually just post whatever random words come into your head?  The bell rang....you're due back in class.

No. I’m actually interested in purchasing tickets from those who won’t be allowed entry.

Last minute is fine also. I only need 1 day notice so no rush.

New Covid variant detected at Texas A&M lab shows signs of antibody resistance and more severe illness in young people (Game Over)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/new-covid-variant-detected-at-texas-am-lab-shows-signs-of-antibody-resistance-and-more-severe-illness-in-young-people.html

Meet BV-1, the Newest COVID Variant To Be Terrified Of (Same story but you'll click it bc of course you will)

https://futurism.com/meet-bv1-newest-covid-variant

In Michigan, a record-breaking number of children have been hospitalized with Covid (keep our schools closed)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michigan-record-breaking-number-children-have-been-hospitalized-covid-n1264986

Coronavirus cases aren't budging — even after vaccinations doubled (because there will always be a floor you stupid morons)

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccines-cases-america-variants-9d33a16e-bf39-46a1-8994-a089947239e2.html

AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE TODAY:

Biden warns if Americans don’t get COVID jabs they might have to cancel July 4 (because you're the dumbest sheep to ever walk the earth)

https://nypost.com/2021/04/21/biden-warns-if-americans-dont-get-covid-vaccine-they-might-have-to-cancel-july-4/

China.....rn....

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

BREAKING NEWS:

CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta says vaccinated people can generally go maskless outdoors, with some caveats

Gupta said the research shows that fewer than 10 percent of all infections happen outdoors, and the odds of transmitting COVID-19 indoors is 18.7 precent higher than outdoors. "So keep those in the back of your mind. As a general rule," he said, citing Virginia Tech viral transmission expert Linsey Marr, "if you've been vaccinated and you are not vulnerable, high-risk, you really don't probably need a mask outdoors. But there is some common sense that comes into play here, as well: If you're in a very crowded outdoor setting where you're going to be stationary for a long period of time, and there's high viral transmission in your community — that's something you can check — then that's going to be more of a risk."

As an example of how to weigh the risk and benefits, Gupta and Tapper discussed whether to see Dave Matthews perform outdoors this summer.

"Whether a mask is needed outdoors depends on the circumstances, including local public health rules and whether you and the people you're with are vaccinated," Tara Parker-Pope writes in Thursday's New York Times. "Brief encounters with an unmasked person passing you on the sidewalk or a hiking trail are very low risk," but "if you stop to have an extended conversation with someone who isn't vaccinated, masks are recommended. Even outdoors, your risk of breathing someone else's air increases the longer and closer you stand to them."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/979058/cnns-dr-sanjay-gupta-says-vaccinated-people-generally-maskless-outdoors-some-caveats

This makes zero f....ing sense.  

But they don't care that's the point!!!  

They're preparing to ruin a 2nd straight summer and they don't care.

For kids over 8, that is 20% of their remaining childhood.   

Nice job y'all!!

China....

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Happy Anniversary 

You can keep right on living in your little bubble of untruths and fake news but your little video is actually proof that the President was asking the SCIENTISTS ...not giving a recommendation.  

Edited by SoCal Deek

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can keep right on living in your little bubble of untruths and fake news but your little video is actually proof that the President was asking the SCIENTISTS ...not giving a recommendation.  

Wait, President Pompous? asking the SCIENTISTS?  The same guy who silenced scientists, meddled in their reports and ignored their advice?

Deek - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Birx should have stood up at that very moment and told the people how stupid an idea it was.

We now officially enter MONTH 14 of 15 days to slow the spread.  

It has now been 18 months plus that the virus has been in the US 

It has without question been on the planet longer then that.

To prove to you what a complete dupe you are, we hear virtually nothing about Covid-19 the disease, what we know about it specifically, treatments, preventives, etc.  

Instead all you hear about is variants and 4th waves and the loss of that 4th of July BBQ.  Get fully vaccinated!  Of course you're not really vaccinated it's complicated.  And all I see is the Card Board Cut Out President "fully vaccinated" but in 2 masks.  Sign us up!!

Slow "reopenings" going on 12 months now are not reopenings.  

They are government takeovers and you surrendering your rights and freedoms because well maybe they just love the new powers and opportunities you've given the State indefinitely.  The numerous other potential alteriar motives (pick your conspiracy of choice they are all legit) at that point are moot.  

Because you've given them what they wanted no questions asked.  

The Constitution has been replaced by the CDC and "emergency powers" given to the State indefinitely.

Julius Caesar rn.....

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Birx should have stood up at that very moment and told the people how stupid an idea it was.

Maybe should have, but she didn't.  So does that mean she didn't think it was that far fetched? Way too much has been made out of that one comment (which was actually a question). I remember watching that entire press conference live. I thought nothing of it at the time and I cannot recall why I was able to see it because I only rarely watched it. I am working every day!  But, then later when I heard the MSM go nuts over it, I realized that they are a group of petty jackals nipping at the heels of the President of the United States.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

To prove to you what a complete dupe you are, we hear virtually nothing about Covid-19 the disease, what we know about it specifically, treatments, preventives, etc.  

Instead all you hear about is variants and 4th waves and the loss of that 4th of July BBQ.  Get fully vaccinated!  Of course you're not really vaccinated it's complicated.  And all I see is the Card Board Cut Out President "fully vaccinated" but in 2 masks.  Sign us up!!

These phrases next to each other should be nominated for a Darwin Award.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe should have, but she didn't.  So does that mean she didn't think it was that far fetched? Way too much has been made out of that one comment (which was actually a question). I remember watching that entire press conference live. I thought nothing of it at the time and I cannot recall why I was able to see it because I only rarely watched it. I am working every day!  But, then later when I heard the MSM go nuts over it, I realized that they are a group of petty jackals nipping at the heels of the President of the United States.

It means she was gutless.

Got my second shot two days ago. (Moderna) Ended up with a mild fever exactly 24 hours after the shot. The fever lasted over night and I feel perfectly fine now.  No drama, waited until my age group was called, and now just hoping to get back to some form of normalcy as fast as possible.  We'll see! 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

It means she was gutless.

She did wear those scarves well. 🙂

BREAKING:

'Long haulers' study suggests even mild COVID-19 could increase risk of death up to 6 months after infection

"If there ever was an exemplar in clinical medicine that best illustrates the importance of integrated multidisciplinary care, it is #longcovid," Ziyad Al-Aly, the chief of research and education service at Veterans Affairs, and one of the study authors, said on Twitter Thursday no doubt understanding that Chinese Run Twitter will trend and promote that hash tag.  

Dr. Laurie Jacobs, chairwoman of internal medicine at Hackensack University Medical Center, who was not involved in the study, told the New York Times that her experience reflected the findings of the study.

"People have continued respiratory disease, continued headache, this, that and the next thing," she said in one of the most ridiculously stated observations of the virus in the history of this sham.  We aren't even hiding it anymore.  You know...the thing.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/long-covid-death-risk-hospital-study-long-haulers-2021-4

*Due to the nature of the study, it was not possible to say whether COVID-19 caused these deaths. The cohort for mild COVID-19 comprised more than 73,000 mostly white (76%), male (90%) war veterans with an average age of 66, so it is not clear whether the findings apply to a wider population.*

*The authors of the new study didn't provide much detail about the symptoms, including how long they lasted for, and whether the veterans had preexisting conditions before they caught COVID-19.*

*Doctors that made similar observations in studies of HCQ were far more reliable then whatever the hell we just reported but we scrubbed them from society*