The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

18 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

….HMMM...tested positive...….then negative...….then negative a SECOND TIME......pretty reassuring confidence booster in daily numbers of "positives" reported, isn't it?......

Ohio Gov. DeWine tests negative for COVID-19 hours after testing positive

The second test was a PCR test administered on Thursday afternoon

By David Aaro | Fox News

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tested negative for COVID-19 on Thursday hours after testing positive before he was set to greet President Trump at the Cleveland airport, according to a statement by the governor's office.

Instead of meeting with Trump, DeWine returned to Columbus and was ultimately tested for coronavirus a second time.

The second test was a PCR test administered that afternoon, which his office said was "extremely sensitive, as well as specific, for the virus." His wife, Fran DeWine, and staff members also tested negative.

"The PCR tests for the Governor, First Lady, and staff were run twice," the statement said. "They came back negative the first time and came back negative when they were run on a second diagnostic platform."

His office said the PCR test was different than the rapid antigen test administered earlier in the morning as part of the standard protocol required to meet with Trump.

"We will be working with the manufacturer to have a better understanding of how the discrepancy between these two tests could have occurred," the statement added.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-gov-dewine-tests-negative-covid-19-hours-testing-positive

Or pretty alarming confidence deflator as far as the accuracy of our testing goes...

especially considering the false test was evidently the one given right before he was supposed to meet the POTUS. :doh:

16 hours ago, GG said:

Point me to Trump's suggestions that people should be injecting poison.

while, you're at it, I should remind you that in your own link, the CDC said that the people ingesting hand cleaner were doing it to get drunk.   You should take the CDC advice yourself.

You suck for saying this

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..BUT...wasn't he the PCP to the 163,000 gone?......probably should refund their co-pays, right?................

And you suck for saying this.

I didn't realize age made you not give a crap about the164,000 + Americans who've now died of this horrible disease.

4% of the world's population.

25% of the deaths.

giphy.gif

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/us/riders-gather-in-sturgis-for-biker-rally/index.html

I'm sure this won't cause any problems. 

19 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are aware that what you’re describing is modern chemotherapy right? People have been injecting poison for centuries in an effort to purge their bodies of diseases. You are a total idiot!

No one can be this stupid. Not even a Trump supporter. Then again...

19 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So you think they drank the hand sanitizer because of Trump?  

No idea. Maybe. Maybe not. They could just be as stupid as Trump on their own.

Perhaps you know if they were influenced by Trump's statement.

17 hours ago, GG said:

Point me to Trump's suggestions that people should be injecting poison.

while, you're at it, I should remind you that in your own link, the CDC said that the people ingesting hand cleaner were doing it to get drunk.   You should take the CDC advice yourself.

Really?

Just watch the video. 

He didn't ask Birx to look into injecting people with disinfectant?

You're saying that didn't happen?

Was it a doctored video?

Maybe you're unaware that disinfectant is poison?

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Really?

Just watch the video. 

He didn't ask Birx to look into injecting people with disinfectant?

You're saying that didn't happen?

Was it a doctored video?

Maybe you're unaware that disinfectant is poison?

Indeed he did talk about injecting disinfectants. It was dumb and mischaracterized the entire story that he was likely being told by experts. What he didn't say was to inject bleach or lysol. You and those like you continue to push that lie.

Now, please tell us everything you know about toxic compound encapsulation strategies with tethered surface molecules designed for targeted tissue delivery. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Indeed he did talk about injecting disinfectants. It was dumb and mischaracterized the entire story that he was likely being told by experts. What he didn't say was to inject bleach or lysol. You and those like you continue to push that lie.

Now, please tell us everything you know about toxic compound encapsulation strategies with tethered surface molecules designed for targeted tissue delivery. 

Which viral experts do you suspect told Trump this?

You know for a fact that there isn't anyone with even a high school equivalency diploma who would have suggested this, let alone a virologist.

This is a perfect example of just making something up, based on zero evidence. 

17 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Which viral experts do you suspect told Trump this?

You know for a fact that there isn't anyone with even a high school equivalency diploma who would have suggested this, let alone a virologist.

This is a perfect example of just making something up, based on zero evidence. 

So the answer is that you know absolutely nothing about it. Pubmed. Try it sometime.

There are hundreds of studies showing efficacy of liposome encapsulated antiviral compounds for targeted delivery to specific cells or tissues.

One of these strategies was likely described to him, because you know when faced with a novel virus causing a global pandemic you tend to lay out all the options. Trump came out of the discussion with injecting disinfectants.  This of course is incredibly dumb and misguided,  but not nearly as dumb or misguided as you and the media are for making it worse by saying that he told people to inject bleach or lysol.

31 minutes ago, Kemp said:

“Nationwide, 200,700 more people have died than usual from Mar 15 to Jul 25, according to CDC estimates, which adjust current death records to account for typical reporting lags..54,000 higher than the official count of coronavirus deaths for that period.” https://t.co/lOMirGxOTn

Even if I accept that as true....what’s your point? We have a new virus that has attacked the entire human race, all over the world. It is lethal to those who’s immune systems are no longer strong enough to defend against it; which is almost exclusively the very elderly. We lose well over 2,000,000 Americans each year to all sorts of things. Again, what’s your point? 

Edited by SoCal Deek

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200807/health-directors-told-to-keep-quiet-as-fla-leaders-pressed-to-reopen-classrooms

56 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So the answer is that you know absolutely nothing about it. Pubmed. Try it sometime.

There are hundreds of studies showing efficacy of liposome encapsulated antiviral compounds for targeted delivery to specific cells or tissues.

One of these strategies was likely described to him, because you know when faced with a novel virus causing a global pandemic you tend to lay out all the options. Trump came out of the discussion with injecting disinfectants.  This of course is incredibly dumb and misguided,  but not nearly as dumb or misguided as you and the media are for making it worse by saying that he told people to inject bleach or lysol.

So, you believe a virologist floated to Trump that injecting disinfectant might be the way to go?

You know you don't. Even some of his most ardent supporters here think it was an idiotic statement by Trump.

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Even if I accept that as true....what’s your point? We have a new virus that has attacked the entire human race, all over the world. It is lethal to those who’s immune systems are no longer strong enough to defend against it; which is almost exclusively the very elderly. We lose well over 2,000,000 Americans each year to all sorts of things. Again, what’s your point? 

The point is simple.

Multiple people have posted here that in reality, deaths are not up because of the virus. 

It's bullsheet. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

“Nationwide, 200,700 more people have died than usual from Mar 15 to Jul 25, according to CDC estimates, which adjust current death records to account for typical reporting lags..54,000 higher than the official count of coronavirus deaths for that period.” https://t.co/lOMirGxOTn

No way red states and rural areas are recording all the deaths from covid 

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200807/health-directors-told-to-keep-quiet-as-fla-leaders-pressed-to-reopen-classrooms

So, you believe a virologist floated to Trump that injecting disinfectant might be the way to go?

You know you don't. Even some of his most ardent supporters here think it was an idiotic statement by Trump.

The point is simple.

Multiple people have posted here that in reality, deaths are not up because of the virus. 

It's bullsheet. 

Can you read? No I don't think a virologist said that to Trump and you're talking to a virologist right now. A virologist likely told Trump about the known technology of encapsulating otherwise toxic compunds inside liposomes for delivery, Trump interpreted that as "injecting disinfectant". This was irresponsible and dumb, but again, not nearly as dumb as you are for saying he told people to inject bleach.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

the way i interpret that..160K deaths "with" Covid...

54K because of the response to Covid ( they don't count to people like you, I know, only deaths that matter now are Covid)..

Net+104K deaths without lockdowns...do i have that correct? 

And please don't come to me with those folks 54K  probably died  of Covid...probably Covid  folks are already reflected in the 160K as you know

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the way i interpret that..160K deaths "with" Covid...

54K because of the response to Covid ( they don't count to people like you, I know, only deaths that matter now are Covid)..

Net+104K deaths without lockdowns...do i have that correct? 

And please don't come to me with those folks 54K  probably died  of Covid...probably Covid  folks are already reflected in the 160K as you know

1. Gov DeWine tests positive followed by TWO negatives. Applaud the testing accuracy as MSM continually reports.

2. People sign up to be tested, wait in line for hours, eventually giving up and go home only to receive a letter saying they "tested" positive. Was that on CNN stationery?

3. Initial Covid-19 Relief Package provided billions in Fed funding through the Medicare vehicle to assist hospitals. Covid-19 related cases paid $39,000 versus normal $13,000 reimbursement. Hence money yo be made. "Rubber Stamp Futures" jumped 853% on the news.

4. Oddly, qualifying factors regarding preexisting conditions and obviously heightened vulnerability have disappeared from the "accurate reporting (COUGH)" radar.

...welcome to the new world of "accuracy in reporting (COUGH)".............

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

9 people on the death from Covid list in Oregon today. Ages 90, 80, 80, 75, 64,, 88, 75,, 94 ,93.
My parents are 84 so I take this seriously but there is definitely a pattern here. Also need to factor in preexisting conditions.

that georgia school really suspended the student who posted the picture of the hallways? wow, hope they are ready for a major lawsuit. 

Georgia showing again why they are truly one of the worst states in the country. 

40 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Wow. never seen a more delusional and braindead group of people in my life.