The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that's the simple explanation.  I'm sure the retraction was as widely publicized as the original headline...

It uhh is the first thing you see when you click the story. It’s before the first line. So there’s that. 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No thanks. I won’t give them the click.  Children over 18 months were not born during Covid.  I can’t stand deceptive headlines. Why I’ve been calling out people posting BS Tweets. 

The study was of children under 3 experiencing substantial learning g delays compared to pre Covid children. The headline only mentioned 18 month old developmental delays. 

Lockdowns ***** up kids. No ***** Sherlock. 

16 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

It uhh is the first thing you see when you click the story. It’s before the first line. So there’s that. 

I don't bother visiting those sites.  From my experience, these sites make a wrong statement, wait for it to impact and then retract it days later buried somewhere in small print.

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

The study was of children under 3 experiencing substantial learning g delays compared to pre Covid children. The headline only mentioned 18 month old developmental delays. 

Lockdowns ***** up kids. No ***** Sherlock. 

Weird. I have no kids so I have no clue but I thought it was “impossible” to get kids off the computer and PlayStation and out of the house.  Now keeping them in ***** them up. 😂 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/children-hospitalized-with-covid-19-us-hits-record-number-2021-08-14/

And there you have it, just in time for school to start back up. 

I hold firm to my beliefs to just let people develop the antibodies naturally and get on with our lives, of course the chicken littles will crucify me for that belief. This being said, I have elementary school aged kids. 

2 hours ago, TSOL said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/children-hospitalized-with-covid-19-us-hits-record-number-2021-08-14/

And there you have it, just in time for school to start back up. 

I hold firm to my beliefs to just let people develop the antibodies naturally and get on with our lives, of course the chicken littles will crucify me for that belief. This being said, I have elementary school aged kids. 

With infection rates rising in younger folks with delta, I’m worried.  Although mortality rates still look low I’m concerned with long term effects on kids.

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

With infection rates rising in younger folks with delta, I’m worried.  Although mortality rates still look low I’m concerned with long term effects on kids.

We are going to have to learn to live with this, the quicker we adapt the better off we are. 

Just now, TSOL said:

We are going to have to learn to live with this, the quicker we adapt the better off we are. 

The virus may hang around, but by vaccinating as many as possible you deprive the virus of hosts to propagate and/or mutate.  

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The virus may hang around, but by vaccinating as many as possible you deprive the virus of hosts to propagate and/or mutate.  

WRONG

So wrong. 
insanely wrong. 

Please let us know your science background, please?