The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Amazing how the science changed literally overnight.  And these are the guys advising Trump last year.  But...still all Trump's fault.

Try again.  New CDC director for one thing.  And she doesn't have a Caputo telling the former CDC people to falsify data for another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Try again.  New CDC director for one thing.  And she doesn't have a Caputo telling the former CDC people to falsify data for another.

Plus those vaccines are available. 

Vaccines can literally change the science literally overnight.

• Eyeroll 1

Kids have an incredibly low chance of having any serious reactions to COVID.  

Half of America:

-Home school them for a year
-Mask them

-Inject them with an Emergency Use Vaccine

This generation never even had a chance.  

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Kids have an incredibly low chance of having any serious reactions to COVID.  

Half of America:

-Home school them for a year
-Mask them

-Inject them with an Emergency Use Vaccine

This generation never even had a chance.  

Kids will be back in school this fall.  One tough year does not mean they never had a chance.  My daughter had a first year of college that was tough but she pulled through.  Most kids of various ages that I know did.  Was it hard?  Yes.  Did some need some extra help and emotional support?  Yes.  Does it doom an entire generation?  Of course not.  The hysteria around here is stunning.

• Agree 1

The metrics went from 15 days to flatten the curve not overwhelm hospitals to "when everyone gets the vaccine you can have your life back."

Sickening.  Same for the people still listening to them. 

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Kids will be back in school this fall.  One tough year does not mean they never had a chance.  My daughter had a first year of college that was tough but she pulled through.  Most kids of various ages that I know did.  Was it hard?  Yes.  Did some need some extra help and emotional support?  Yes.  Does it doom an entire generation?  Of course not.  The hysteria around here is stunning.

Thats quite a privileged statement, my friend. 

Advocates in inner cities are essentially saying these children lost an entire year.   Not everyone has easy access high speed internet and the ability/structure to keep up with school work from home. 

Then we have the health side effects of what a year lost of meals for many children, along with prolonged mask use for others in developmental ages entails.   

That’s to say nothing of an EUA vaccine that we all hope doesn’t have adverse effects down the line.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thats quite a privileged statement, my friend. 

Advocates in inner cities are essentially saying these children lost an entire year.   Not everyone has easy access high speed internet and the ability/structure to keep up with school work from home. 

Then we have the health side effects of what a year lost of meals for many children, along with prolonged mask use for others in developmental ages entails.   

That’s to say nothing of an EUA vaccine that we all hope doesn’t have adverse effects down the line.   

This has been a tough year as I said.  But not insurmountable.  Kids are more resilient than we give them credit for.

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This has been a tough year as I said.  But not insurmountable.  Kids are more resilient than we give them credit for.

I have 12 niece and nephews - none of them minded the hybrid schooling this year... they still have their smart phones and connect non stop with their friends.

I'm tired of hearing the GQP whine about what kids are missing out on... and then running over trans kids with a bus.

F that.

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I have 12 niece and nephews - none of them minded the hybrid schooling this year... they still have their smart phones and connect non stop with their friends.

I'm tired of hearing the GQP whine about what kids are missing out on... and then running over trans kids with a bus.

F that.

yea..F these kids..they dont deserve an education after all.

https://usafacts.org/articles/internet-access-students-at-home/

Overall, 4.4 million households with students still lack consistent access to a computer and 3.7 million lack internet access. 

Just now, BillStime said:

Since when does the GQP care for the disadvantage?  And what did they do about it the past four years?

hey knucklehead,you said every kid out there had a phone and they were just fine doing remote learning...so i guess those folks witho or a computer  just have to live with it according to your statement. 

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey knucklehead,you said every kid out there had a phone and they were just fine doing remote learning...so i guess those folks witho or a computer  just have to live with it according to your statement. 

And what did the GQP do for those without during a pandemic that started under Trumps watch? WHAT DID THEY DO?

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea..F these kids..they dont deserve an education after all.

https://usafacts.org/articles/internet-access-students-at-home/

This has been a tough year, no question about it.  But kids tend to be pretty resilient.  I think we are back to normal (or should be) this coming school year and kids will be able to do their normal routine again.

By the way, I agree with the Internet thing which is one reason I agree with the Biden approach to infrastructure.  Other stuff can be scaled back in his plan, but Internet access to all is critical in 2021.

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

F that.

“They all have their smart phones and connect non stop with their friends” .... lol, typical disconnected liberal response.  (I know, I used to be one)

Who’s running over trans kids with a bus?   Because people don’t want children, who have no clue whether their feelings are permanent, to be able to make life altering decisions about their body?  Parents should protect their children  .... to not do so is child abuse.  

F that. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

“They all have their smart phones and connect non stop with their friends” .... lol, typical disconnected liberal response.  (I know, I used to be one)

Who’s running over trans kids with a bus?   Because people don’t want children, who have no clue whether their feelings are permanent, to be able to make life altering decisions about their body?  Parents should protect their children  .... to not do so is child abuse.  

F that. 

You don't think parents are signing off on these procedures?  Were you born yesterday?

And do I need to list all the bills being passed in red states that discriminate against trans children?

WHY IS DISCRIMINATION OF ANY TYPE OK?

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

F that.

You’re hilarious! And sad. I look forward to reading your trolling warped view of the world. It allows me to face my day knowing that I’ll never be filled with the hatred you store up in your soul. Might I suggest you back away from the keyboard and get outside in the sun? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You’re hilarious! And sad. I look forward to reading your trolling warped view of the world. It allows me to face my day knowing that I’ll never be filled with the hatred you store up in your soul. Might I suggest you back away from the keyboard and get outside in the sun? 

Awe, snowflake sad.