The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you’re afraid of this why exactly? On the contrary, I’m very interested to see if there are any significant negative impacts to this decision. We need to be looking at alternative approaches more, not less. I’m pretty sure that concerned Texans will take the precautions they feel are necessary for them personally. 

I have family in Texas.  This puts them at risk.

The virus doesn't know borders.  What happens in Texas isn't likely to stay in Texas.

With more infections, there is likely to be more mutations, some of which  may be resistant to vaccines.

Texas has done a particularly poor job with the virus.  I'll make the same observation about Mississippi.  I think these governors are just pandering to a constituency at the expense of the rest of us.  If they had at least gotten their most vulnerable population immunized, I wouldn't consider it to be so reckless and self serving.  Given the acceleration in Vaccine availability, waiting another month or so would not have been so bad.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

The virus doesn't know borders.  What happens in Texas isn't likely to stay in Texas.

With more infections, there is likely to be more mutations, some of which  may be resistant to vaccines.

Texas has done a particularly poor job with the virus.  I'll make the same observation about Mississippi.  I think these governors are just pandering to a constituency at the expense of the rest of us.  If they had at least gotten their most vulnerable population immunized, I wouldn't consider it to be so reckless and self serving.  Given the acceleration in Vaccine availability, waiting another month or so would not have been so bad.

May I recommend that you and your family simply take what you believe to be the appropriate level of precautions. Done!

• Like (+1) 1

$140 million ‘Pelosi subway’ axed from Senate COVID bill: parliamentarian

by Steven Nelson

Guess she’ll have to take the bus.Funding for a rail project near House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s California district that Republicans denounced as wasteful was removed Tuesday from President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus bill.The Senate parliamentarian ruled the $140 million appropriation wasn’t allowed under the so-called Byrd rule that polices unrelated items in budget reconciliation bills.Republicans singled out the rail project as an example of unrelated “pork” in the bill, which is being rammed through Congress without Republican support using special rules that allow a simple majority vote

https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/140-million-pelosi-subway-axed-from-senate-covid-bill/

That damn parliamentarian again............who does she think he is ?

😎

Edited by B-Man

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Sounds like the border should be especially closed and secured indefinitely.  

• Like (+1) 1

**Worth noting as we expose what frauds and shills Silicon Valley is for the Pro Out of Working Man Democrat Party.......if you go to Trends and click the Alamo Drafthouse one.....literally every single "promoted" (Oh totally organically) tweet is about how awesome they are for maintaining the policies that destroyed their business.

Every.   Single.  One.  

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So?  As was Kamala after she specifically said she would not trust a vaccine that came from the Trump administration.  Did the Texas Governor say the same?

The GQP called the virus a HOAX.

And who would listen to this freak about about medicine?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e472db9b362529fddc366486e85173d.jpeg

❤️

Joe, leading from behind..............

President Biden, facing mounting pressure on various fronts to gain control of the coronavirus pandemic, placed even more of his administration’s hopes in a “stepped-up” vaccine process, promising Tuesday that there will be enough coronavirus vaccine doses for “every adult in America” by the end of May — a two-month acceleration of his previous projection of July.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-promises-enough-coronavirus-vaccine-for-e2-80-98every-adult-in-america-e2-80-99-by-the-end-of-may/ar-BB1eaMXb

The governors of Texas and Mississippi can make decisions for their state; one hopes their infection rates don't skyrocket as a result.  By the same token, governors of other states that are more in tune with the existing CDC recommendation should be perfectly within their rights to ban any one traveling from Texas of Mississippi from entering their states.  

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The GQP called the virus a HOAX.

And who would listen to this freak about about medicine?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e472db9b362529fddc366486e85173d.jpeg

Running away from the facts like always. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The governors of Texas and Mississippi can make decisions for their state; one hopes their infection rates don't skyrocket as a result.  By the same token, governors of other states that are more in tune with the existing CDC recommendation should be perfectly within their rights to ban any one traveling from Texas of Mississippi from entering their states.  

Exactly right.  And, this has been what we've seen from State to State, and even County to County for almost a year now. Local level officials have their own restrictions, and they've been enforcing them.  Living in Southern California (a really large metro area) many residents cross multiple County lines just to get to back and forth to work in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I figured you'd appreciate them since you act like a 12 year old on here.

Just because everyone doesn't have Trump stuck in their heads day and night, doesn't make them a 12 year old.  You may want to buy a mirror.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

This will include future visitors that may be carrying the latest variant of Maoism.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

"Ban"?  Like as in setting up a Checkpoint Charlie as you cross state lines?  Produce your papers...your travel itinerary?  Impossible. 

I was in Florida last week.  As always, I socially distanced, maintained space but did dine in an open air restaurant with the sun on my face and the music in the background.   As I prepared to return to NY, I completed the required Good Citizen Travel Report form, tested for COVID three days before boarding the plane, submitted my mobile number for contact by the politboro and respectfully declined the "You might die/might not" tracking service that auto-populated.   Upon my return, out of respect for others, I remained in isolation for the mandatory 4 days, tested again in NYS and returned to work once I got the "You ain't infected, Comrade" notice.   

The thing is, that applied to me as an Upstate NYer in my 60th year of residency, but not to the several hundreds of thousands of non-resident citizens that commute into NYS each day to work, eat, visit or buy the latest  issue of Penthouse from the Port Jervis 7/11.    So, hop on a plane in Miami and fly to Syracuse International on your way to Skaneateles, you're a Code Red Typhoid Carrying Mo'fo that needs sit down in a dark room until the all clear is given.  Hop on the plane from Orlando to Hartforfd, hop off,  take the wife and kids who spent three days on a Park Hopper Pass at germ central (and enjoying a drink or two  in the communal hot tub back at the Hyatt) to Grandma's house in Mt. Kisco---no problemo, sorry to have bothered you, all the best and keep voting dem!  

This is beyond absurd. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No......NO, we must continue to wear masks !

Listen to the science  I mean, listen to Washington.

ADDED:

"Wear the mask for a few weeks"

"Wear the mask for a few months"

"Wear the mask until there's a vaccine"

"Wear the mask for 100 more days"

"Wear the mask until everyone is vaccinated"

"Wear the mask for a little longer"

"Wear the mask forever"

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Wait wait wait wait wait wait you POS.

You were kicking and screaming that a strong national response was necessary to fight covid.  

Florida just told you that you were wrong.  

AND YOU ADMIT IT

On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” White House Chief Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci responded to a question on Florida having a lower coronavirus death rate than states that had far stricter restrictions by stating that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) did some things right, but also that DeSantis did some things that he didn’t agree with. When Fauci was pressed for more detail he said, “some of the things that were done down there by people at the local level really actually did work.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/03/fauci-on-fl-outperforming-states-with-strict-restrictions-desantis-did-some-things-right-some-city-and-county-actions-did-work/

Hey scum bag.

How about you start congratulating the AMERICAN PEOPLE for putting up with your B.S. for over a year enduring trauma and irreparable harm to kids.  With no end game time frame or exit strategy.  

Go f yourself Fraudci.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

ADDED:

"Wear the mask forever"

Bryan is an idiot.  This is the news we wanted.  And Dr. Bryan here his first response is nooooooooo!

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

ADDED:

"Wear the mask forever"

Yes.  The CDC is saying that if you have individuals WHO HAVE BEEN VACCINATED they can gather without masks.  In Texas I believe only 7% of individuals have been vaccinated.

Facts are stubborn things.  

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  The CDC is saying that if you have individuals WHO HAVE BEEN VACCINATED they can gather without masks.  In Texas I believe only 7% of individuals have been vaccinated.

This is all starting to unravel, in a good way. With the vaccine being administered in huge numbers, especially to the most vulnerable people, you are going to see cases and fatalities plummet. Biden proclaimed most of America will be vaccinated in mere weeks, not months. Add to that the longer daylight hours and warming weather, and yes I’m guessing some states will ‘jump the gun’ anxious to get on with things, and there’ll be some stumbles for sure. I’m neither surprised nor alarmed. But I remain ever hopeful that we’re pretty much done with this chapter. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is all starting to unravel, in a good way. With the vaccine being administered in huge numbers, especially to the most vulnerable people, you are going to see cases and fatalities plummet. Biden proclaimed most of America will be vaccinated in mere weeks, not months. Add to that the longer daylight hours and warming weather, and yes I’m guessing some states will ‘jump the gun’ anxious to get on with things, and there’ll be some stumbles for sure. I’m neither surprised nor alarmed. But I remain ever hopeful that we’re pretty much done with this chapter. 

I think we're close.  Got to get the vaccines done!

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Apparently so is logic................:lol:

Florida’s and South Dakota’s recent economic reopenings, engineered by popular Republican governors, preceded Texas’s without inspiring it. Reopening was coming anyway to Texas and its diversified, if pandemically pinched, economy. Immediately upon Abbott’s March 2 announcement neighboring Louisiana announced major loosening of its restrictions, and nearby Mississippi declared itself open for business. The loosening goes on even in Massachusetts, where Gov. Charlie Baker has opened restaurants to full capacity. Montana and Iowa have abolished face-mask requirements. This unmasking business has legs, whether the experts like it or not.

The love of democratic citizens for experts shouldn’t be overestimated. The nature of democracy is preference for or deference to popular wisdom, however unwise that wisdom may prove in action. It’s been a long time since this pandemic started. People are tired. People want to see, and relate to, each other. That’s human nature. The human nature-affirmers like Greg Abbott, with a little luck and sense of timing, are likely to come out way ahead of their castigators and vilifiers, Robert Francis (Beto) O’Rourke conspicuously included.

Also:

VpuIOq9.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Florida’s and South Dakota’s recent economic reopenings, engineered by popular Republican governors, preceded Texas’s without inspiring it. Reopening was coming anyway to Texas and its diversified, if pandemically pinched, economy. Immediately upon Abbott’s March 2 announcement neighboring Louisiana announced major loosening of its restrictions, and nearby Mississippi declared itself open for business. The loosening goes on even in Massachusetts, where Gov. Charlie Baker has opened restaurants to full capacity. Montana and Iowa have abolished face-mask requirements. This unmasking business has legs, whether the experts like it or not.

The love of democratic citizens for experts shouldn’t be overestimated. The nature of democracy is preference for or deference to popular wisdom, however unwise that wisdom may prove in action. It’s been a long time since this pandemic started. People are tired. People want to see, and relate to, each other. That’s human nature. The human nature-affirmers like Greg Abbott, with a little luck and sense of timing, are likely to come out way ahead of their castigators and vilifiers, Robert Francis (Beto) O’Rourke conspicuously included.

Also:

VpuIOq9.jpg

Let me source your bullshittt

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/436031/

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Also:

VpuIOq9.jpg

And if infection rates go up?

Meanwhile, in common sense land.

Joe Biden Calls Texas and Mississippi Removing Mask Mandates 'Neanderthal,' but His Fear
of What Is Next Is the Real Story

Yesterday, Texas and Mississippi announced they’d had enough of the CDC-recommended precautions to stop the spread of the China virus. We are now nearly a year into “fourteen days to flatten the curve” and “thirty days to stop the spread,” and, needless to say, none of the wishcasting by the brainiacs at CDC have had any measurable impact.

In fact, the data indicates quite the opposite. Mississippi bought into the entire draconian scheme and has one of the highest death rates in the nation. Texas has blown off nearly all the restrictions on civil liberties and is right at the national average in Wuhan virus death rate.

Biden is a pus… ah, um, a very, very weak and vacillating simulacrum of a man. One of his first orders was that the nation observe a mask mandate for his first 100 days in office. Two Republican governors getting rid of masks barely 60 days on doesn’t make him look any stronger than the demented gerbil he is. He’s also concerned that Texas and Mississippi are just the leading edge of a full-bore revolt against the bureaucratic gibberish distributed by CDC and the public health nazis.

More at the link: https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/03/03/joe-biden-calls-texas-and-mississippi-removing-mask-mandates-neanderthal-but-his-fear-of-what-is-next-is-the-real-story-n337039

19 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah.  I figure by the end of this summer most restrictions will be lifted.  Cases should be way down and the majority of people should be vaccinated by then.  Fauci gives the most conservative estimates in order to "beat" expectations.

I will say that this is the best I've felt since during a winter maybe ever.  I can't even remember the last time I had a runny nose.  I usually will run a cold that lasts a couple weeks.  Nothing this year.  I haven't even taken a swig of Nyquil which is criminal.  A silver lining of masks/social distancing/being more cognizant of keeping hands clean, etc...  In fact, @Big Blitz, maybe the government should make mask mandates mandatory during the winter months from now on.

• Like (+1) 1