The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you’re afraid of this why exactly? On the contrary, I’m very interested to see if there are any significant negative impacts to this decision. We need to be looking at alternative approaches more, not less. I’m pretty sure that concerned Texans will take the precautions they feel are necessary for them personally. 

I have family in Texas.  This puts them at risk.

The virus doesn't know borders.  What happens in Texas isn't likely to stay in Texas.

With more infections, there is likely to be more mutations, some of which  may be resistant to vaccines.

Texas has done a particularly poor job with the virus.  I'll make the same observation about Mississippi.  I think these governors are just pandering to a constituency at the expense of the rest of us.  If they had at least gotten their most vulnerable population immunized, I wouldn't consider it to be so reckless and self serving.  Given the acceleration in Vaccine availability, waiting another month or so would not have been so bad.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

The virus doesn't know borders.  What happens in Texas isn't likely to stay in Texas.

With more infections, there is likely to be more mutations, some of which  may be resistant to vaccines.

Texas has done a particularly poor job with the virus.  I'll make the same observation about Mississippi.  I think these governors are just pandering to a constituency at the expense of the rest of us.  If they had at least gotten their most vulnerable population immunized, I wouldn't consider it to be so reckless and self serving.  Given the acceleration in Vaccine availability, waiting another month or so would not have been so bad.

May I recommend that you and your family simply take what you believe to be the appropriate level of precautions. Done!

• Like (+1) 1

$140 million ‘Pelosi subway’ axed from Senate COVID bill: parliamentarian

by Steven Nelson

Guess she’ll have to take the bus.Funding for a rail project near House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s California district that Republicans denounced as wasteful was removed Tuesday from President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus bill.The Senate parliamentarian ruled the $140 million appropriation wasn’t allowed under the so-called Byrd rule that polices unrelated items in budget reconciliation bills.Republicans singled out the rail project as an example of unrelated “pork” in the bill, which is being rammed through Congress without Republican support using special rules that allow a simple majority vote

https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/140-million-pelosi-subway-axed-from-senate-covid-bill/

That damn parliamentarian again............who does she think he is ?

😎

Edited by B-Man

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Sounds like the border should be especially closed and secured indefinitely.  

• Like (+1) 1

**Worth noting as we expose what frauds and shills Silicon Valley is for the Pro Out of Working Man Democrat Party.......if you go to Trends and click the Alamo Drafthouse one.....literally every single "promoted" (Oh totally organically) tweet is about how awesome they are for maintaining the policies that destroyed their business.

Every.   Single.  One.  

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So?  As was Kamala after she specifically said she would not trust a vaccine that came from the Trump administration.  Did the Texas Governor say the same?

The GQP called the virus a HOAX.

And who would listen to this freak about about medicine?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e472db9b362529fddc366486e85173d.jpeg

❤️

Joe, leading from behind..............

President Biden, facing mounting pressure on various fronts to gain control of the coronavirus pandemic, placed even more of his administration’s hopes in a “stepped-up” vaccine process, promising Tuesday that there will be enough coronavirus vaccine doses for “every adult in America” by the end of May — a two-month acceleration of his previous projection of July.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-promises-enough-coronavirus-vaccine-for-e2-80-98every-adult-in-america-e2-80-99-by-the-end-of-may/ar-BB1eaMXb

The governors of Texas and Mississippi can make decisions for their state; one hopes their infection rates don't skyrocket as a result.  By the same token, governors of other states that are more in tune with the existing CDC recommendation should be perfectly within their rights to ban any one traveling from Texas of Mississippi from entering their states.  

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The GQP called the virus a HOAX.

And who would listen to this freak about about medicine?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e472db9b362529fddc366486e85173d.jpeg

Running away from the facts like always. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The governors of Texas and Mississippi can make decisions for their state; one hopes their infection rates don't skyrocket as a result.  By the same token, governors of other states that are more in tune with the existing CDC recommendation should be perfectly within their rights to ban any one traveling from Texas of Mississippi from entering their states.  

Exactly right.  And, this has been what we've seen from State to State, and even County to County for almost a year now. Local level officials have their own restrictions, and they've been enforcing them.  Living in Southern California (a really large metro area) many residents cross multiple County lines just to get to back and forth to work in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I figured you'd appreciate them since you act like a 12 year old on here.

Just because everyone doesn't have Trump stuck in their heads day and night, doesn't make them a 12 year old.  You may want to buy a mirror.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

This will include future visitors that may be carrying the latest variant of Maoism.  

• Like (+1) 1