The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Stolen elections have consequences.

This is going to trigger so many people here haha.  

Oh look

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The election was not stolen.  Stop with this crap.

Edited by Big Blitz

The election was not stolen.  Stop with this 

just curious if you feel the democratic primaries for the last two major elections were on the up and up even though there is clear evidence to the contrary?

funny how democrats defend elections with such certainty when their own elections had massive amounts of manipulation. they dont seem to mind at all, so i guess no one else should. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

How was the election stolen?  I know of many ways that Trump tried to steal the election but I am not aware the contrary evidence.

Do you believe in QAnon?

21 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

just curious if you feel the democratic primaries for the last two major elections were on the up and up even though there is clear evidence to the contrary?

funny how democrats defend elections with such certainty when their own elections had massive amounts of manipulation. they dont seem to mind at all, so i guess no one else should. 

I am not a Democrat.   I am Independent.  There is absolutely no evidence that the election was stolen, and all those who care for actual democracy need to stand up and say so.

As for fraud in the Democratic nominations, show me your proof.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is going to trigger so many people here haha.  

I know these people better then they know themselves

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is time for people who care about the country to stand up against lies.  If that means I’m triggered I’m proud to be so.

Then take your mask off.  Get within 6 feet of someone 

And fully open the schools.  

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Then take your mask off.  Get within 6 feet of someone 

And fully open the schools.  

I agree with opening schools.  So does the current administration.

I have my vaccination.  Do you?

On 3/5/2021 at 10:19 AM, oldmanfan said:

When history looks back at this pandemic, it will be very critical of how politics took precedence over science and medicine.

Sadly, this shouldn't be that surprising.  Look back at the Ebola epidemic.  Faux News was fear mongering all it could leading up to the elections, since it made the brown man in the White House look bad.  Literally the day after the mid-term election, Sean Hannity announced that Fox News would no longer cover the Ebola epidemic.

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I am not a Democrat.   I am Independent.  There is absolutely no evidence that the election was stolen, and all those who care for actual democracy need to stand up and say so.

As for fraud in the Democratic nominations, show me your proof.

i wasnt calling you a democrat, but those are mostly the people who vehemently deny the accusations. as i said, as their elections have had repeatedly been manipulated in different ways. if your looking for flat out fraud or undeniable proof. sorry i am not a lawyer and lack concrete evidence in that regard. ibut manipulation towards targets is numerous and your asking the dems to investigate themselves. good luck in that regard.

if you want to go piece by piece you can start at the information in the wikileak drop showing the corruption the DNC was working against Bernie Sanders for Hillary Clinton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/dnc-emails-sanders-clinton.html

then we can talk about the iowa caucas and the "technical issues" with "shadow inc".

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/shadow-vendor-iowa-dems-reporting-app/story?id=68754002

guess who contributed a large sum of money? just the guy who declared a early victory. pete butiigeig. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/04/politics/pete-buttigieg-iowa-caucus/index.html

how about the treatment of andrew yang. how he was not allowed to debate do to dnc "rules" yet bloomberg could enter stage left at his choosing. how the media repeatedly would not even include his name in the standings? 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/undaunted-missing-tuesdays-debate-andrew-yangs-absence-creates/story?id=68257838

how about the targeted slander campaign started in unison by the DNC and media against tulsi gabbard on her being a russian asset, conviently after she dismantled kamala harris on the debate stage? the threat became real and they cant have that past brought up when your plan is to run on the identity politics.

heres a dnc lackey trying to propagate the lie and the way "news" should react. its why i like the youtube show (rising). subscribe to it and help keep true journalism alive. plenty of parrots on video that simply amplified that message if you take a search. but the media is not under any directives.

and just as tulsi is gaining steam "also conviently"

google has a glitch on her donation page as her name search skyrocketed. but the tech monopolies aren't in bed with the democrat establishment. all this censorship and coordinated elimination of conservatives and any talk of election fraud is just a interesting conspiracy. looks like they were priming the pump to me.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/25/8930373/google-tulsi-gabbard-democratic-candidate-lawsuit-ad-search-ban-political-bias-debates

is that enough? are you willing to look past these similarities to what alot of people are saying about the presidential campaigns? from russian asset, to suspicious voting software, to organized media slander, to tech censorship? 

so again, its very odd that people regard the same accusations towards the presidential election with such certainty. when you talk about actual voter fraud its pretty hard to make a argument when any and every bit of evidence given is censored or is written off as right wing propaganda. project veritas showed voter harvesting...that was written off as propaganda then later the women featured was arrested. im sure it was the only incident in the country. thank god we got the lone wolf.  

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/amp/TX-woman-arrested-election-fraud-project-veritas-15867537.php

steven crowder recently showed locations in nevada that were used as voter residents, they were empty lots with a newspaper and live feed...then his twitter was immediatly deleted for disinformation.

both are concidered right wing cooks. yes they are biased but ill also remind you crowder had a rally questioning michigan gov whitmer on lying about nursing home murd..uhh deaths. loooong before anyone in the media was concerned and similar governors were getting emmy's 

how about the democrats removing the green party candidate off the ticket...every vote counts, except for theirs. is it ok if they declare fraud?

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/09/18/penn-s18.html

so.

its really hard to show evidence when it is immediatly deleted, people are punished.

Im not saying the election was stolen. i don't know either way, but I'm not going to say for certain it was not when i cant even hear the evidence and a open free conversation. 

whhew. this research paper brought me back to my college days. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

is that enough? are you willing to look past these similarities to what alot of people are saying about the presidential campaigns? from russian asset, to suspicious voting software, to media slander, to tech censorship?

How a party runs their nominating process is up to them.  Certainly in 2016, with the super delegates, the Dems had a system that was tilted against Bernie Sanders.  The logic for this was to put a brake on the polar extreme of the party  and prevent them from choosing someone who was unelectable in the general election.  I'm not a Democrat so I don't have a dog in that fight.  I can see both points of view.  Both parties have had processes that some would consider unfair historically.

How general elections are held is not up to one party.  Your dissatisfaction with how a party ran their primary does not apply to a general election.   I am unmoved that "alot of people are saying" something wrong about the presidential election. A lot of people only listen to Trump, Fox News, OAN, Newsmax and other media biased to one side (yes, there are biased media on the other side).  People are filtering out sources giving them information they don't like.  If you doubt that, just look at how Fox News ratings dropped and OAN and Newsmax ratings spiked after Fox called Arizona properly for Trump and after they actually put some factual information out in the weeks later.  If people hear is the same lies, over and over and over again from an obvious conman, then they are simply willing marks.  What they are saying, what they may think, is still simply a lie.

Other that "suspicious voting software" nothing you mentioned amounts to voter fraud or a fraudulent election.  Just because some people paid by Trump or one party keeps claiming there were problems with voting software does not mean there was anything wrong with the software.  If you think there is a problem, answer me this.  How could Smartmatic possibly affect the outcome of the election?  Smartmatic was used in only 1 county, Los Angeles.  If there was a problem with Dominion machines, why did hand recounts in Georgia, Wisconsin and a sampling of ballots in Maricopa County verify the machine results?  Why didn't these machines flip states that Trump won?  Why did Republicans pick up seats in the House and state assemblies?  Shouldn't the machines have worked in Democrats favor in all the races?  The machines are tested before the elections to make sure they tabulate correctly.  How did the machines pass the test?  Shouldn't you look at some of the absolutely crazy things that Sydney Powell or Rudy Giuliani were saying (involvement of the long dead Hugh Chavez, ballots being counted overseas) and look at everything they say with deep skepticism?

41 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

Im not saying the election was stolen. i don't know either way but I'm not going to say for certain it was not when i cant even hear the evidence.

Nonsense.  Maybe your not hearing any evidence because there is none.  If there were evidence, there is no reason why Fox News, OAN, Newsmax and others with a right wing bias wouldn't make it public.

Trump and the Republicans contested ballots based on hasty, superficial reviews of voter rolls (dead people voting, people who no longer lived in a state voting for example).  The states and news organizations looked into these claims and found the vast majority of the claims wrong.  People who were thought to be dead were indeed alive, people had identical or similar names, the dead person didn't vote, a spouse voted as Mrs. Bob Smith for example regarding the dead people.  In the cases of people who "no longer lived in the state" voting, these people were either deployed overseas, out of state at school or had moved back to the state and were indeed legal voter.

There is a system to settle disputes in this country.  That is what the Judicial Branch is for.  Trump and his cohorts went something like 1-60 in the courts.  If there were evidence, that would be the place to present the evidence.  Instead little evidence, hearsay evidence or no evidence was presented.  If there was evidence, the courts felt that there were other explanations for what the "evidence" meant, the evidence or the evidence was misinterpreted or it was simply insufficient.

In one case, the presiding judge wrote the following

"In other words, Plaintiffs ask this Court to disenfranchise
almost seven million voters. This Court has been unable to find any case in which
a plaintiff has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election, in terms
of the sheer volume of votes asked to be invalidated. One might expect that when
seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with
compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this
Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief
despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens.

That has not happened. Instead, this Court has been presented with strained
legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative
complaint and unsupported by evidence. In the United States of America, this
cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its
sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more."

That says a lot about how vacuous Trump's claims are.

Why is it so difficult to accept the most simplest, straight forward answer.  Enough voters were either dissatisfied with or sick and tired of him, or both, and Trump lost.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with opening schools.  So does the current administration.

I have my vaccination.  Do you?

Yes. 

We should be full open you shelter in place till you get it or never see another human again for all I care.  

The current administration lied about schools and still is.  

22 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This leads me to a question that I apparently have to ask here rather than in OTW... which is sad:

Who's gotten vaccinated and have you had any side effects?

I just got the J & J one about 5 hours ago because I just wanted one 'n done. No side effects so far... not even pain at the injection site.

No vax yet.  I’m almost old enough to get a break on my coffee at the local bagel shop, but healthy enough that there’s no soup for me.  Several family members gpgave gotten it—my Mom (89) , in-laws (87 and 84) and quite a few younger family members who work in health care.  Worst symptoms were a couple days of feeling lousy. 

A young man who works for me beseeched me not to get “the mark of Satan...errr vaccine” when it’s my turn to try and not get the virus.  He’s quite convinced that it’s not in his best interest and that the handling by govt/Fauci reveals that.  

He wasn’t successful, I’ve gotten flu shots for the last ten years or so after getting knocked out for about a week by a nasty strain a while back. I do wonder how many folks feel the way he does.  

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No vax yet.  I’m almost old enough to get a break on my coffee at the local bagel shop, but healthy enough that there’s no soup for me.  Several family members gpgave gotten it—my Mom (89) , in-laws (87 and 84) and quite a few younger family members who work in health care.  Worst symptoms were a couple days of feeling lousy. 

A young man who works for me beseeched me not to get “the mark of Satan...errr vaccine” when it’s my turn to try and not get the virus.  He’s quite convinced that it’s not in his best interest and that the handling by govt/Fauci reveals that.  

He wasn’t successful, I’ve gotten flu shots for the last ten years or so after getting knocked out for about a week by a nasty strain a while back. I do wonder how many folks feel the way he does.  

My wife is going to wait a little while to get it.  She's kinda sensitive and works from home so she's in the very low-risk category.  Oddly enough after posting that last night I think I jinxed myself.  Went to bed feeling fine and woke up with a headache and a low-grade fever.  Headache is gone, but still have the low-grade fever... but I generally feel okay.

I've actually had reactions to flu shots in the past, so I just wanted the one-n-done J & J shot.  Glad I got it out of the way and glad I did it on a Friday.

And regarding your friend... my in-laws generally feel the same way.  I can at least partially understand the hesitancy to get the Phizer and Moderna just because the mRNA vaccines are brand new technology.  The adenovirus vector vaccines have been around for years, though, so I think there should be less hesitancy.  Or is he one of those people thinking the Government is planting chips in us with the shots?

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My parents (90 and 91) got their second shots of the Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago.  My father was unaffected but my mom was in bed for a day or two.

I have a sister who got the Moderna vaccine and felt kind of crappy for a couple of days (she's a nurse).

I have a couple of sisters who refuse to take it.  They've listened to too much fear mongering from Simone Gold and her ilk.  One of them plans to rely on HCQ,  Ivermectin, vitamin D, and zinc if she gets sick.  I'm especially worried about her because she has a compromised immune system, is a cancer survivor and is on a drug that has bad interactions with ivermectin.  I think HCQ is useless.  Ivermectin is pretty interesting, if you aren't on blood thinners.

My last sister has had covid but isn't vaccine resistant.

Edited by Scraps

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

My wife is going to wait a little while to get it.  She's kinda sensitive and works from home so she's in the very low-risk category.  Oddly enough after posting that last night I think I jinxed myself.  Went to bed feeling fine and woke up with a headache and a low-grade fever.  Headache is gone, but still have the low-grade fever... but I generally feel okay.

I've actually had reactions to flu shots in the past, so I just wanted the one-n-done J & J shot.  Glad I got it out of the way and glad I did it on a Friday.

And regarding your friend... my in-laws generally feel the same way.  I can at least partially understand the hesitancy to get the Phizer and Moderna just because the mRNA vaccines are brand new technology.  The adenovirus vector vaccines have been around for years, though, so I think there should be less hesitancy.  Or is he one of those people thinking the Government is planting chips in us with the shots?

First, congrats on getting the shot Transpy.  I feel like in some small way, you &$#@ing got mine.  I blame Biden of course.  Hope you feel better soon.  Oh and watch your back. :D

This young man is an interesting case.  He’s bi-racial and is has told me he’s predisposed to feeling the government cannot be trusted on this sort of thing.  His thoughts would be categorized fringe-ish by many, and he’s quite certain Fauci is full of it.   He cracks me up, actually.

I spoke with my older sister about the vaccine.  She’s a nurse, smart as they come, and told me she had reservations due to the speed with which this vaccine was developed but pushed ahead.  I also spoke with my sister in law who is a pediatrician, got her feedback and that helped. 

As for me, I just don’t like getting sick.   So, I’ll risk it and get the shot. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

First, congrats on getting the shot Transpy.  I feel like in some small way, you &$#@ing got mine.  I blame Biden of course.  Hope you feel better soon.  Oh and watch your back. :D

This young man is an interesting case.  He’s bi-racial and is has told me he’s predisposed to feeling the government cannot be trusted on this sort of thing.  His thoughts would be categorized fringe-ish by many, and he’s quite certain Fauci is full of it.   He cracks me up, actually.

I spoke with my older sister about the vaccine.  She’s a nurse, smart as they come, and told me she had reservations due to the speed with which this vaccine was developed but pushed ahead.  I also spoke with my sister in law who is a pediatrician, got her feedback and that helped. 

How ironic.

18 minutes ago, Scraps said:

My parents (90 and 91) got their second shots of the Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago.  My father was unaffected but my mom was in bed for a day or two.

I have a sister who got the Moderna vaccine and felt kind of crappy for a couple of days (she's a nurse).

I have a couple of sisters who refuse to take it.  They've listened to too much fear mongering from Simone Gold and her ilk.  One of them plans to rely on HCQ,  Ivermectin, vitamin D, and zinc if she gets sick.  I'm especially worried about her because she has a compromised immune system, is a cancer survivor and is on a drug that has bad interactions with ivermectin.  I think HCQ is useless.  Ivermectin is pretty interesting, if you aren't on blood thinners.

My last sister has had covid but isn't vaccine resistant.

Good thoughts and prayers to your family.  It’s an interesting slice of America you have there—-Mom & Dad, you, and one sister all in, one who had it, and two others not convinced it’s in their best interest.  

I’m always fascinated by that sort of dynamic.  

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

How ironic.

How so? 

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Go do it.  The trials showed no real risks for any of the 3.