The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

The problem was Trump didn't even believe in the virus until it was too late. Didn't even care until he got it, still doesn't care b.c he already had it.

He didn't even try to do anything, just said "We got it under control" "It will be gone by _____" and kept saying it.

Edited by TBBills

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  They would not have over an airborne virus that may or may not have been a biological attack on the planet by a country that sees the world growing more hostile to its policies.  

Let's ignore that.  Everyone else is.

Was the Spanish flu's death toll Woodrow Wilson's fault?  The media back then would have never been so political and stupid as to even ask such a question.  Thats only possible when you live among people that are begging to be ruled not governed.  But that generation was built different than the one currently that thinks there are 65 genders and it can lower the temperature of the Earth---as if that's a good thing.  

Wilson was not responsible for the virus but he was responsible for how the government reacted to it to protect the citizens.  Same with Trump. 

Leaders lead, they don’t rule.  Leaders during a national crisis are truthful with the citizens. Leaders rally the people together, they don’t actively try to separate them.  Leaders bring the legislators together and demand and get legislation to help the people through a national crisis.  

Trump failed all those precisely because he wanted to rule.  He wanted to be dictator that is never wrong and that looked to blame others and only take credit when it made him feel good, never responsibility.  Thank God he’ll be out soon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A new study found coronavirus may have been in the US in December.

(CNN)A new study published Monday suggests the novel coronavirus was infecting people across the US as early as December -- a month before the first person known to have been infected with coronavirus arrived in the US from China on January 15.

Researchers screened blood donations made in December and early January and found evidence of antibodies to the novel coronavirus in at least 84 samples from nine states -- something that would suggest those people had been infected with coronavirus.

Yea I'm pretty sure as I've said all along....we've been lied to by everyone about everything.  

What happened here wasn't natural.  Never was.  That includes the virus.  And the global response.    

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  They would not have over an airborne virus that may or may not have been a biological attack on the planet by a country that sees the world growing more hostile to its policies.  

Let's ignore that.  Everyone else is.

Was the Spanish flu's death toll Woodrow Wilson's fault?  The media back then would have never been so political and stupid as to even ask such a question.  Thats only possible when you live among people that are begging to be ruled not governed.  But that generation was built different than the one currently that thinks there are 65 genders and it can lower the temperature of the Earth---as if that's a good thing.  

Too stupid to be sane.   You're as stupid and ignorant as your hero, Covid Donnie.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve stayed away from this site for a bit but I thought some might find this fact interesting:

Four states have reached the point of having conducted more Covid tests than their total population: New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Alaska.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve stayed away from this site for a bit but I thought some might find this fact interesting:

Four states have reached the point of having conducted more Covid tests than their total population: New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Alaska.

Interesting that people get tested more than once? Or does that have a different meaning? 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Interesting that people get tested more than once? Or does that have a different meaning? 

You need to be tested a few times, I know people that have been tested at least 10+ times b.c of the jobs they have.

I don't understand why it's so interesting... Given the poster he is fascinated by the simple things.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm in Indiana and have been tested 3 times thus far because I work in health care. All negative thankfully.   I have no problem seeing increased amounts of testing to find those who should isolate. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Good. More testing means more people catching the disease and isolating once they catch it. I've been tested 4 times. Once before travel to NYS, and 3x as part of a study I'm in. 

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

You need to be tested a few times, I know people that have been tested at least 10+ times b.c of the jobs they have.

I don't understand why it's so interesting... Given the poster he is fascinated by the simple things.

Exactly. My friend works at a long term care facility and he is tested ever 2 weeks. 

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

And now you see why so many stay away from this site.   This is not a simple thing at all.  When testing first became the topic-of-the-day, people were clamoring for EVERYONE to get tested...but they didn't realize just how many tests would need to be created and administered.  330 Million people is a lot of people! Even after eight months we are still just now to the point where only 4 States out of 50 have crossed this threshold.  Now, relate that 'simple thing' to a vaccine, keeping in mind that the vaccine(s) may require more than a single injection. This will give you some idea of how long it will take to administer them. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And now you see why so many stay away from this site.   This is not a simple thing at all.  When testing first became the topic-of-the-day, people were clamoring for EVERYONE to get tested...but they didn't realize just how many tests would need to be created and administered.  330 Million people is a lot of people! Even after eight months we are still just now to the point where only 4 States out of 50 have crossed this threshold.  Now, relate that 'simple thing' to a vaccine, keeping in mind that the vaccine(s) may require more than a single injection. This will give you some idea of how long it will take to administer them. 

Or maybe the idea was to get testing out ahead of the virus and with contract tracing strangle this thing down before it got to that point.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Or maybe the idea was to get testing out ahead of the virus and with contract tracing strangle this thing down before it got to that point.

The idea of what exactly? Geez does it ever stop on here? Put the hatred away for even a second and engage in a frickin conversation.

The idea of what exactly? Geez does it ever stop on here? Put the hatred away for even a second and engage in a frickin conversation.

The idea behind needing more testing earlier on or was that not what you were referencing?

You're clearly bringing your own hatred, way to assume hatred in this response.  Focus on what you can control and maybe others will follow suit.  The people who moved "over there" used to mock leftists for their safe spaces and need for bubbles to deny reality.  Now they've become the right wing version of exactly that.   Go ahead and glorify it.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So funny how you forget those people that left here b.c they no longer can spew their fake bull#### were not long ago attacking anyone that didn't worship Trump.

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nursing homes or health care workers get tested a ton. Sure there are other reasons as well.

6 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

Exactly. My friend works at a long term care facility and he is tested ever 2 weeks. 

Right it's like that here. Know few people health care workers.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

There are several companies with vaccines that have passed Phase 3.  I would have to read up more, but at least some of them are mRNA based and not attenuated virus, which should enable more rapid production.  Storage for the Pfizer one will be a challenge since it requires very low temperature, but others not.

It will be a real logistical effort to be sure but having enough for the US population by June 1 seems plausible.  The best minds in the world are attacking it.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1