The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thought Trump handled himself well today..measured, did not get in pissing matches with the reporters, sounded calm and informed...

Yup. Except for that Maxwell response, I thought he did very well. Gave a lot of information. It helped that the press was fairly well behaved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That was an unforced error. I have a feeling he was not sure who they were talking about, and he went for the "political response" of "wish her well."

This is what happens when old failing guys are in the big seat. Biden will make the same kind of mistakes. 

Trump gritted his teeth hard today and tried to play grown-up. Good luck with the image remake in July. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2

conservatives who constantly bring up the "deaths" statistics 

wonder how you would feel spending 4 weeks in the hospital on a ventilator , then when you get out ppl brush it off as nothing because you "didn't die" 

Edited by Penfield45

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

WTF..this is a Covid press conference..not Maxwell...ughh ohh, Trump wishing her well. That's gunna be in an ad tonight

He, and the DOJ, need her healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

wonder how you would feel spending 4 weeks in the hospital on a respirator, then when you get out ppl brush it off as nothing because you "didn't die" 

I have always looked and feel for those on respirator. Feel for those people going thru hard time. :(  

Just now, Penfield45 said:

wonder how you would feel spending 4 weeks in the hospital on a respirator, then when you get out ppl brush it off as nothing because you "didn't die" 

If you could track the number of people who spend more than 3 weeks in a hospital by state, I'd be all for seeing that too. But you can't. So we follow the numbers we can track. 

Given how many cases are asymptomatic or low symptom, case tracking is only a rough indicator of future deaths. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

same way i do when anyone gets sick with any disease, its sucks, but its the human condition. 

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

An off day for him is a good day for us.

On the numbers, we will break 1000 deaths today assuming CA reports more later like they usually do. Looking at the list of top states, almost all did not get the initial rush. 

image.thumb.png.5e1c1473e81b8d71a311301255796ab6.png

Arizona has always seemed to really increase on new deaths on Tuesdays.

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

All states. Tuesday is almost always the high day (not always but usually). It's super clear which day is Tuesday on this--the jump after Sunday and Monday is one of the only nearly 100$% predictable patterns. 

Blame the unions for the weekends off. 

image.thumb.png.7cb84c04f21ebcdaf3e1a3da70d98ad1.png

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2

We’re going to hit 300k coronadead before the end of 2020 - obviously including all the motorcycle accidents, murders, etc.

Too bad we couldn’t pull together like we did in WWII.  We would have halved that number with a better “war” like response. Instead it’s all about Trump, always.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if they WANT to, so be it....here's an over the top case with one of my employees....I can't tell him "no", right?.......

here's an ultra paranoia case involving one of my employees (HIS prerogative)......age 35 and paranoid because "people my age are having strokes from Covid-19(um ok)"......he is in Admin and my offices are 12,000 sq. ft for 30 employees or 400 sq. ft per.....cubicles are 10x12 or 120 sq ft.....we are social distancing with sanitation stations throughout(I paid 5 grand to have offices sanitized for employee peace of mind despite NO cases) and mask requirements in public areas.....he drives to work alone wearing a mask.....he is in his cubicle 8 hours a day wearing a mask.....he leaves his cubicle daily at 10AM, noon, and 2PM for smoke breaks and lunch, opening doors with his elbow or knee......he wears his mask outside for smoke breaks and is at least 10' away from fellow smokers..... his girlfriend has been working remotely since the Covid-19 onset and had not gone outside until two weeks ago when her parents came into town for a visit....NOT EVEN OUTSIDE......he refused to go see them because he couldn't "take their word as to where they had been"....

He smokes and is more worried about Covid-19? Did you hire him out of a certain laundromat? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

same way i do when anyone gets sick with any disease, its sucks, but its the human condition. 

yes its what every scientist and medical professional predicted would happen. deaths are starting to creep up because they lag weeks behind spikes in cases. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

wonder how you would feel spending 4 weeks in the hospital on a ventilator , then when you get out ppl brush it off as nothing because you "didn't die" 

Seriously dude?  We'd brush it off.  Just like we brush aside cancer survivors now.   Get a grip.  

If you really sat and thought about it you'd figure out why be bring up the death statistics.   Wait....what am I thinking.  Of course you won't.  

WALL STREET JOURNAL:
Arizona and the Media Panic: When will reporters acknowledge lower coronavirus mortality in the Sun Belt?

According to the Post’s data, per capita Covid-19 deaths in Florida, Texas and Arizona remain far below the levels in New York and New Jersey. In fact the Post website shows that per capita deaths in both New York and New Jersey are more than 10 times the number in Texas.

Related:  Andrew Cuomo’s Coronavirus Response Has Been a Failure: The media’s fawning interviews obscure the New York governor’s record. 

All the talk of Texas, Arizona, and Florida is just covering fire for a Democrat grandee who’s screwed the pooch.

7 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

yes its what every scientist and medical professional predicted would happen. deaths are starting to creep up because they lag weeks behind spikes in cases. 

Creep up?  Shouldn't they "spike"? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's that time of year, sports fans!

Let's lighten up the thread for a little while.

Give me your best COVID-19 inspired fantasy baseball team names.

This year I went with:  "Casey ate the Bat"

Runner up was:  "Wuhan Soto"

Shanghai Yangtzes.

Beijing Redskins.

Yangzhou Junk.

Nanjing Comfort Women. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WALL STREET JOURNAL:
Arizona and the Media Panic: When will reporters acknowledge lower coronavirus mortality in the Sun Belt?

According to the Post’s data, per capita Covid-19 deaths in Florida, Texas and Arizona remain far below the levels in New York and New Jersey. In fact the Post website shows that per capita deaths in both New York and New Jersey are more than 10 times the number in Texas.

Related:  Andrew Cuomo’s Coronavirus Response Has Been a Failure: The media’s fawning interviews obscure the New York governor’s record. 

All the talk of Texas, Arizona, and Florida is just covering fire for a Democrat grandee who’s screwed the pooch.

Kind of a dumb point. NY and NJ were first. The death toll was going to be highest wherever got hit hard first. And NJ's deaths were all NY Metro counties, so that's the most populous area of America, totally unique in our entire country. CA has a similarly low death rate and it's being hit at about the same time as FL/TX. 

34 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

So far, deaths are only increasing in places that never got hit. We can all hope that the high deaths don't return to anyplace that had big peaks before. 

In other news, current hospitalizations are just about to break their previous record. 

Edited by shoshin