The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Good question.  Neighbors or ours tested Friday and got results Monday, Positive.  Tested again Tuesday with results today different test method and were negative.  Both of them husband and wife. They aren't sick at all and I have a hard time believing that in that 4 day window (more like 3.5 days) they hit it just right for thing to disappear from their bodies. 

The covid19 PCR test when run with proper controls by trained scientists is highly specific.  In other words, it absolutely should not amplify and detect viral RNA from other coronaviruses or influenza etc.

However, it is hard to say what is actually happening on the ground day to day in labs where they are running as many tests as they possibly can. PCR is highly susceptible to contamination, so i could easily see negative samples being cross contaminated with positive samples during sample processing, again especially with the pressure to test as many samples as possible at these labs each and every day.

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

CA was 12K new cases today though right? That is scary

Texas and Arizona have a clear downward trend (at this time).  However Florida, California and Georgia appear to be plateauing.   You can have one day statistical anomalies due to the nature of the testing dumps.  But, I do think these states infection rates/prevalency as a whole is on the mend. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I'm going to take the boat out with my wife after work today, have a few IPAs, get baked, maybe catch a couple smallies - all in Cuomo's police state!

It's like Germany in 1940 here.

Exactly.

As long as your lifestyle is not affected, f*** everybody else.

That is the spirit.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

That's because your propaganda is weak.

You have one agenda, and it is weak.

A year from now, I doubt that you will have the nerve to defend your BS spread across over 1000 pages of maybe maybe maybe, but do what the government tells you because you need to be afraid.

Say what you will, but it will continue to be predictable and rooted in seeding more fear for the purpose of scaring people into taking a vaccine that will simply not work.

Cue the anti-science drivel from Mr. "I still Don't know what's going on after all of this time".

With all the fat bastards at the supermarkets and fast food chains stuffing their faces with crap and industrial strength poison, I am supposed to believe that we destroyed our country and terrorized everybody everyday over the protection of people's health.

If you're eating and drinking that poison, and insist that everyone wears a mask for your health, then I say f*** you.

C you next week for when I need an update on whatever BS corporate America is spoon feeding the sheep.

I know I can find it here.

Wacky zebra is on ignore now...

That's better.

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Weird only if you thought 15 cases would soon go to zero or thought it would be over by Easter.

Or if you thought wearing masks would stop it.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/one-month-after-statewide-mask-mandate-california-daily-case-average?fbclid=IwAR08ZGyoddvQPrrsGWYZWJqEo06A5zndvq31-IS66zNu4PyjF2v-jYWmVW0

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gary M said:

lol

If you think the residents of California are following the mask order you are nuts.

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

lol

If you think the residents of California are following the mask order you are nuts.

I don't think they are, or in New York, yet NY cases are still declining. Almost like the virus has peak and is.

Also I watch people that do wear masks, touching the inside with out sanitizing hands first, setting them with the inside down on surfaces. horrible sanitary practices.

• Like (+1) 1