The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump:

● Vaccine is top priority as we don't just want to manage the virus, we want to end it.
● 2 vaccines... something
● 4 more vaccines enter ... something
Sorry, he is speaking quickly

the 4 vaccines are in advanced trials..mass producing all 4 so that the minute one gets approved, can get it out to the public immediately. Man, thats lots of money, and also great news

• Like (+1) 2

Trump:

● Never should have been allowed to leave China

press questions up

Press: How many tests a day (something about 2)
Trump: I take a lot of tests, I don't know about 2 per day

Press: More money for testing?
Trump:  Presenting something to him tonight
India is #2 in testing (12M)

• Thank you (+1) 1

LOL this isn't going how she expected.

Press: should you be judged on you are handing the pandemic
Trump: monologuing all the accomplishments of his administration

Press: Are you responsible for the virus getting worse and Americans keep dying :blink:
Trump: On to governors and how they are working together. Now talking about border closing.

Press: Quick testing platform at the white house, would it be easier to reopen with more of these?
Trump: great question! We are trying to get testing on-site

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump:

● Average age lower
● Hospital stays are about half of April
● Mortality rate of those admitted to the hospital is half of April
● He keeps reiterating how much has been learned.

*Note: all paraphrased

Trump:

● Successfully identifying more asymptomatic cases
● We have conducted more than 3x the tests anyone else
● Closing in on 50M tests
● Working to reduce turnaround time on tests
● They are focusing on the sunbelt right now as they are being hardest hit at the moment
● Currently 0 unfulfilled governor requests - they are stocked up and ready to go
● Naming the military numbers helping in various areas

Note: paraphrased

...something like we've not seen since 1917 certainly required Crisis Management......and all of the unpreparedness was DULY exposed......Federally and by states.....a woeful failure was Big Fredo, Governor of NYC, 11 million people condensed and no emergency Plan for something 1/100 of Covid-19 (would NOT expect a Plan to counter something of this unprecedented magnitude; let's be fair)..PPE, equipment (auctioned off) etc......yet NYC served as the nation's gateway for the spread.....and MANY other states were exposed for their unpreparedness requiring Crisis Management from the elected officials, MANY who had no clue (equipment stockpiles, PPE, etc).......were there bound to be mistakes during this "learning curve on the fly"?...damn right.....BUT....TDS "trumped " everything.....ask the libs what would be their Plan or some of our fine posters here (hmmm) for their input or their guy/gal that they'd prefer to be in charge versus Trump.....NOT ONE DAMN RESPONSE......"always attack and never defend" when constructive dialogue dwarfs your purview or ability......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Press:  The $600... how much lower? And if the economy is bouncing back, why do we even need it at all?
Trump: Blabbing about the economy.  They are thinking it about 70%, people are going to want to go back to work. He's saying how PPP was successful.

Press: Why don't you use a mask?
Trump: If you can, use a mask, when you can, use a mask. I do use it in the elevator. I used it at the hospital.
I look at as if it can help...
(paraphrased)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press:  The $600... how much lower? And if the economy is bouncing back, why do we even need it at all?
Trump: Blabbing about the economy.  They are thinking it about 70%, people are going to want to go back to work. He's saying how PPP was successful.

I took that as 70% of the $600 initially in next bill, but like yu he is going fast and I may  not be hearing everything correctly

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

...add the $600 to their pot......$1,400 for staying home?.....now there's a REAL impetus.......no wonder so many are available to protest.............

Unemployment Benefits by State (Highest Pay)

1. Washington - $790
2. Massachusetts - $769
3. Minnesota - $717
4. New Jersey - $696
5. Connecticut - $631

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Monday, even with an expectation of some weekend catch up, only ONE state (TX) registered in low triple digit Covid fatalities. FORTY states reported either single digits or zero deaths. We need a ‘national policy’ why again? Policy yes, mandate no. 

Sundays and Mondays are always the lowest. Monday is not a catchup day. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And not it devolves based on a question, not Trumps fault. 

wisj he would have addressed the "it will get worse before it gets better" on this question

That was never clarified... did he mean more cases? Or more deaths? I am guessing cases, but as you said, not completely addressed.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

WTF..this is a Covid press conference..not Maxwell...ughh ohh, Trump wishing her well. That's gunna be in an ad tonight

That was an unforced error. I have a feeling he was not sure who they were talking about, and he went for the "political response" of "wish her well."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thought Trump handled himself well today..measured, did not get in pissing matches with the reporters, sounded calm and informed...

An off day for him is a good day for us.

On the numbers, we will break 1000 deaths today assuming CA reports more later like they usually do. Looking at the list of top states, almost all did not get the initial rush. 

image.thumb.png.5e1c1473e81b8d71a311301255796ab6.png