The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

She lost -- despite having the USIC, FBI, DOJ, White House, MI6, and most of 5-Eyes trying to influence the election on her behalf. 

She lost because she was a terrible candidate. The worst to ever run. And she represented the establishment which people are tied of -- for numerous good reasons. 

Biden is the same candidate as HRC, only somehow worse because he can't run on being the first woman. 

The establishment has learned nothing. Because they don't care about the people. Only power. 

I think you're nuts, but I actually agree with some of this.  I use the "Prada and pearls" reference.  Working class people can't relate to someone in Prada and pearls, like Hillary and Huma Abedin.  They just can't.  While Trump cares very little for the working class, he actually paid attention to it in 2016 to a much greater degree than did Hillary.  Neither did a good job of articulating why they wanted the presidency (particularly Hillary, whose message of "vote for me because I'm a woman" probably alienated a lot of centrist white males), but Trump at least fumbled around with his goals (manufacturing, stupid wall, "America first").  

Personally I think he's a barker of the first order who fueled a stock market with debt load and rank speculation that someone else will have to answer for.  I also see him as a superficial, divisive character who cares more for his ego than just about anything else, including our country.  He's a hopeless liar, has diminished his office, has treated the constitution as a matter of convenience, and has significantly damaged the character and unity of our nation.  

But I will give credit where it's due: he nailed the tenor of the electorate in 2016, and his disinformation/misinformation campaign with respect to his COVID response suggests that he's figuring out how to do it again. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She's the worst candidate ever to run for POTUS. Ever. 

Proof is, she lost to a sweet potato with a comb over despite having the FBI, DOJ, White House, CIA, MI6 all doing illegal operations to assure her victory. It takes talent to lose a race that rigged. But she did.  

This is simply not true.  She lost a few states by not that many votes.  Trump had Russian help, but I'm not going to claim I know how significant it was. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

All Dems had to do was not go insane and let Trump be Trump.

Instead, they fully latched onto a fake conspiracy Russia-gate and provided ammo to Trump supporters and everyone else on the fence. 

To a point.  I read the Mueller report and the gist of it is that Team Trump was too inept to conclude, and that there is a question of fact whether he obstructed justice.  At the very least what happened after inauguration, right or wrong, perhaps hopelessly divided the country.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

I also see him as a superficial, divisive character who cares more for his ego than just about anything else, including our country.  He's a hopeless liar, has diminished his office, has treated the constitution as a matter of convenience, and has significantly damaged the character and unity of our nation.  

That's the programming. 

Who's been more divisive: Trump or the media? 

There's only one right answer. 

Just now, daz28 said:

This is simply not true.  She lost a few states by not that many votes.  Trump had Russian help, but I'm not going to claim I know how significant it was. 

Trump had ZERO Russian help per Mueller and every other congressional report that's come out. Zero. 

To a point.  I read the Mueller report and the gist of it is that Team Trump was too inept to conclude, and that there is a question of fact whether he obstructed justice.  

Then you clearly didn't understand what you read. Which isn't a surprise. 

To a point.  I read the Mueller report and the gist of it is that Team Trump was too inept to conclude, and that there is a question of fact whether he obstructed justice.  At the very least what happened after inauguration, right or wrong, perhaps hopelessly divided the country.  

The Mueller report was the last feeble attempt at damage control of what actually happened.  Keep paying attention to what's about to unfold from DOJ.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think you're nuts, but I actually agree with some of this.  I use the "Prada and pearls" reference.  Working class people can't relate to someone in Prada and pearls, like Hillary and Huma Abedin.  They just can't.  While Trump cares very little for the working class, he actually paid attention to it in 2016 to a much greater degree than did Hillary.  Neither did a good job of articulating why they wanted the presidency (particularly Hillary, whose message of "vote for me because I'm a woman" probably alienated a lot of centrist white males), but Trump at least fumbled around with his goals (manufacturing, stupid wall, "America first").  

Personally I think he's a barker of the first order who fueled a stock market with debt load and rank speculation that someone else will have to answer for.  I also see him as a superficial, divisive character who cares more for his ego than just about anything else, including our country.  He's a hopeless liar, has diminished his office, has treated the constitution as a matter of convenience, and has significantly damaged the character and unity of our nation.  

But I will give credit where it's due: he nailed the tenor of the electorate in 2016, and his disinformation/misinformation campaign with respect to his COVID response suggests that he's figuring out how to do it again. 

Trump did work harder.  The Democrats worked against themselves.

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Democrat here.  She should have rolled this bozo.  And she didn't, largely because her campaign sucked.  Bad messaging, and horrible strategy at the end.  Tried to spike the football in Arizona instead of going to Great Lakes states.  The "basket of deplorables" thing didn't help either; telling people who have legitimate concerns about their blue collar jobs that they're deplorable if they were sympathetic to the guy who at least bothered to talk about those issues was a big, big mistake. 

Edited by SectionC3

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

The truth is, Trump probably wouldn't have won if he didn't end up running against the one person in all of America that was disliked more than him.

The Russian influence / help story is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You read part of the report that is not redacted

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the programming. 

Trump had ZERO Russian help per Mueller and every other congressional report that's come out. Zero. 

Hoax.  Fake news. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're not allowed to just dismiss bi-partisan intelligence.  I guess you didn't read the latest report from what yesterday??

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

You're not allowed to just dismiss bi-partisan intelligence.  I guess you didn't read the latest report from what yesterday??

I did read it. In full. You didn't, you read headlines which missed the point of the document itself and the fact that the Senate Intel Committee has always been the swampiest committee on the Hill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the programming. 

Also, are you curious about the new list that you're on?  It's a carryover from the other thread. 

Just now, daz28 said:

There should definitely be an option C.   Both

But there isn't an option C. There's only A or B. And the answer is the media. They've purposefully distorted and clipped Trump's words to inflame the situation many, many, many times. Not to unite the country, but to divide it. Intentionally so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1