The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Trump now listing more stats on the ventilators coming in (he has mentioned these numbers before).
No one who has needed a ventilator, has not gotten a ventilator. No one who has needed a hospital bed, has not gotten a hospital bed.

60 decontamination systems on order (this is the mask decontaminator that will do 80K a day).

The states should be buying their own needs, but we will help them out. We are building up the stockpile again. (He's done this talk before.)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

The media is so angry right now ?

Nothing makes them angrier than realizing they no longer can control the narrative. It enraged them when the Russia story turned (and they failed to follow), it enraged them when people didn't care about Ukraine despite their pleas -- today will wreck their fragile egos even more. 

It's fantastic. 

IMO people waking up in droves and rejecting the media's SOP/narrative building is the only way we have a hope of fixing the media going forward.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Conducted 3M tests. He listed how many more tests per day, but I missed the number. Per capita testing in NY is higher than the rest of the world.

28M doses of hydroxychloroquine have been dispensed along with z-pack (based on doctors recommendation)

Talking about the plasma antibodies procedure.

Census: asking for a delay. Field operations are suspended. Mentioning that people are filling it out online.

By the end of the week 80M should have their checks. Mnuchin will be up later. He's lobbying for more paycheck protection program funds.

Hoping to have the country ahead of schedule. Talking to the governors on how to open. We want people to return to normal life. The explanation is coming in a few days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ut oh.... He just thanked Putin! ?

Mnuchin up:

Checks in the mail is ahead of schedule. They started processing last Friday. They expect 80M will have the direct deposit by Wednesday. at irs.gov click "get your payment." If you filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019, you can enter your information and they will direct deposit after that. SS people do not need to do anything. If you did not file, go to irs.gov and authenticate yourself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Used $220B of the $350B.  He's asked for another $250B. Every dollar we spend on this program, we save a dollar in unemployment.

In a circle of people whose business I know who have applied, none have received a dollar. Not evidence but just a data point. This includes by extension a relative who’s a Cpa that said all his clients are waiting. 

It’s a huge program and I’m not complaining. Just saying that they should be wary of patting themselves on the back too much. 

Edited by shoshin

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

In a circle of people whose business I know who have applied, none have received a dollar. Not evidence but just a data point. This includes by extension a relative who’s a Cpa that said all his clients are waiting. 

It’s a huge program and I’m not complaining. Just saying that they should be wary of patting themselves on the back too much. 

As was pointed out, the program is a week old (I think 10 days).

Mnuchin: The 100 people for the economic council have not yet been invited. It is a vertical across all platforms.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Been told to expect at least 3 weeks before those loans/Grant's start coming through.  But also was told that when the applications actually work through the system that the funds are released within 3 days.  That's for both the PPP & EIDL programs.  Don't know much about the other programs the SBA is administering as they weren't remotely applicable to my situation.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump understatements:

I am not happy with the WHO. I am not happy with the WTO.

LOL He called them the Bobbsey Twins.

By the end of the week he will make a decisions on the WHO.

OMG! The disrespectful blonde chick went at Trump again "no consequences for China" and Trump was "HOW DO YOU  KNOW?" and he told her she'd be the last person he'd let know.

Not sure why he called on her again.

haha! Pence: During times of national crisis the powers of the President is plenary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1