The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/covid-casedemic-bidens-dark-winter-plan

from the article

The first one I will call solving the “casedemic.” This is the elevated number of cases we see nationwide because of a flaw in the PCR test. The number of times the sample is amplified, also called the cycle threshold (Ct), is too high.

It identifies people who do not have a viral load capable of making them ill or transmitting the disease to someone else as positive for COVID-19.

The New York Times reported this flaw on August 29 and said that in the samples they reviewed from three states where labs use a Ct of 37-40, up to 90% of tests are essentially false positives. The experts in that article said a Ct of around 30 would be more appropriate for indicating that someone could be contagious - those for whom contact tracing would make sense.

. Doctors do not receive the Ct information from the labs to make a diagnostic judgment.

read the article for what comes next

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wear a mask

Stay home 

Don’t go to school 

Don’t go to work

Yes wear a mask, if Trump didn't ***** up the initial surge of coronavirus we would have been better off. The first surge was deadly b.c they lied to everyone and refused to do anything. "Democratic Hoax"

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yes wear a mask, if Trump didn't ***** up the initial surge of coronavirus we would have been better off. The first surge was deadly b.c they lied to everyone and refused to do anything. "Democratic Hoax"

Excerpted here, Governor Andrew Cuomo’s deadly nursing-home regulation is missing from the state Health Department’s website, but remains available via WaybackMachine.org

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Why can't folks see that we've going about all of this in the WRONG way.  Just pull off the bandaid in one swift tug. Get as many young and middle aged people infected as soon as possible...and protect/isolate the elderly and vulnerable. This has been like lowering yourself into a cold swimming pool one inch at a time!  You're better off just jumping and let your body temperature adjust.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Why can't folks see that we've going about all of this in the WRONG way.  Just pull off the bandaid in one swift tug. Get as many young and middle aged people infected as soon as possible...and protect/isolate the elderly and vulnerable. This has been like lowering yourself into a cold swimming pool one inch at a time!  You're better off just jumping and let your body temperature adjust.

Not even Sweden did that. There is something to be said for reopening faster combined with isolating the elderly and at risk.

But somehow telling the elderly that the burden of reopening America falls on them (be a shut in, or quietly succumb!) isn't terribly popular with them, which appears to be reflected in the over 65 vote moving sharply in the Dem's direction ....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not even Sweden did that. There is something to be said for reopening faster combined with isolating the elderly and at risk.

But somehow telling the elderly that the burden of reopening America falls on them (be a shut in, or quietly succumb!) isn't terribly popular with them, which appears to be reflected in the over 65 vote moving sharply in the Dem's direction ....

I couldn't give a rats arse what Sweden did. And, this isn't March any more. We now know a whole lot more than we did back then.  I also don't care about what the elderly think is popular.  They're free to live their lives as well....but they'd be smarter to let this thing swiftly runs its course through the younger population. And...I really don't care about the political side of this thing, as you apparently do.

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I couldn't give a rats arse what Sweden did. And, this isn't March any more. We now know a whole lot more than we did back then.  I also don't care about what the elderly think is popular.  They're free to live their lives as well....but they'd be smarter to let this thing swiftly runs its course through the younger population. And...I really don't care about the political side of this thing, as you apparently do.

I think you're missing my point. You can talk about what SoCal Deek would do till you're blue in the face. And economists can run spreadsheets with Quality Life-Years Lost and Economic Impacts of COVID Amelioration Measures all they want.

Setting aside the ethics of your plan, the point is this: it is not even conceivably within the realm of the doable for either side, Repubs or Dems. That's why it hasn't happened here. That's why it hasn't happened anywhere in the world, not even in countries run by dictators or totalitarian/authoritarian regimes, who are, of course, more insulated from political pressures. So go ahead and talk about your herd immunity plan all you want.

Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Europe:  Lockdown, Part II

Gee, I was certain that all those smart, pragmatic leaders in (why can't we be more like) Europe had this thing under control.  Or is this all Trump's fault too?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/10/29/europe-france-germany-coronavirus-covid-19-lockdowns-bittermann-pkg-intl-hnk-vpx.cnn

You know Trump is an American president.... Repubtards don't even know that Europe isn't part for the USA.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You do realize that your comment makes absolutely ZERO sense at all, right?

And yours does? You were the one asking if Trump would get blamed for Europe... Don't be stupid and people won't treat you like you are.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You do realize that your comment makes absolutely ZERO sense at all, right?

Not only do his posts make no sense, he doesn't even know who he's responding to.

So essentially he's the Joe Biden of PPP.

• Haha (+1) 2