The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, Penfield45 said:

The new GOP talking point about “cases are rising but deaths are staying low” is about to be obliterated 

deaths are now starting to creep up. And from what we know about the virus back in the spring was that there was a huge lag between cases and the death spike. Mike Pence looking more and more like a total ***** idiot as each day passes 

What numbers do you think we're about to see daily? 

Just now, shoshin said:

What numbers do you think we're about to see daily? 

According to all the new reports this week experts are saying we are tipping towards a similar death spike that we saw back in April. 

we probably won’t even know the real numbers anymore, the White House has decided to act just like China did and hide the truth. We are living in terrible times right now and need stronger leadership. America is sinking fast 

7 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

The new GOP talking point about “cases are rising but deaths are staying low” is about to be obliterated 

deaths are now starting to creep up. And from what we know about the virus back in the spring was that there was a huge lag between cases and the death spike. Mike Pence looking more and more like a total ***** idiot as each day passes 

the richest country on the planet handled a global pandemic worse than most 3rd world countries. 

In order for that to happen, deaths would need to rise tenfold in CA, FL & TX.  It's nowhere near that.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

To expand on Hokie's thought, I get the difference.

Go sit at a table with your family or a group you're already associated with and finish in a finite amount of time (usually without getting smashed)

vs

Go sit at a bar drinking and lower inhibitions (who said that's all bad?!?!) with strangers for an extended period of time. 

i generally get it..but the requirement should simply be..we can serve you anything you want at a table, but that's it..no getting it at bar!

Not doing it a lot lately cause nothing replaces sitting at the bar and we can not so that quite yet in VA, but been out a few times with friends to just drink and get absolutley hammered. We have to sit at a table..and our bill is not small..and restaurants makes gobs of money selling booze...and truy thats is why we are doing it..to give our favorite establishments some help . 

Guess we can order a bag of chips..but this rule is just dumb

12 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

the richest country on the planet handled a global pandemic worse than most 3rd world countries. 

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

According to all the new reports this week experts are saying we are tipping towards a similar death spike that we saw back in April. 

we probably won’t even know the real numbers anymore, the White House has decided to act just like China did and hide the truth. We are living in terrible times right now and need stronger leadership. America is sinking fast 

Uhmm, we are almost two months out from Memorial day, when positives first started increasing.  Show me one expert saying that we are going to see a death spike, will be awaiting your responce

At the presser today, Kayleigh McEnany was asked about the data.

Intent is to send data to HHS daily data given to Dr Birx and others running point (medicinal and hot spots).

Two methods of data collection. One National Healthcare Safety Network (CDC system) where hospitals voluntarily report their system. 81% were reporting data. They need 100% of hospitals reporting.

Second method the TeleTracking system that was used for provider relief funding (HHS).  This data is more complete. (Me: duh it was for $$  so of course the hospitals were providing more complete data.)

This is open source data, and available to the CDC. No one is taking access or data away from the CDC.

(The clip will be worth viewing if it becomes available or fast forward to the 20 minute mark of of today's presser.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

So let’s say you’re now the President. What would you recommend?

On 7/15/2020 at 2:23 PM, bilzfancy said:

There will be no high school football in Virginia this fall. This is bullcrap, for some of those kids it's there only chance to go to college.

The Teachers Union became the most powerful Union in the history of the planet this summer surpassing the MLBPA.  We literally watched it unfold within weeks.

But teachers have no idea what they're in for.

2 immediate questions about their desire to be online until Covid no longer exists:

1. If online learning is so great and such a viable alternative to in person, then why do we need all these teachers and the taxes that come with them?

2. If online learning is a disaster, then why would any parent not withdraw their kid from the school district and let them do literally anything else?  What if every parent said "nope, I'm withdrawing my kid.  They can go to work or literally anything else."

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

1. If online learning is so great and such a viable alternative to in person, then why do we need all these teachers and the taxes that come with them?

2. If online learning is a disaster, then why would any parent not withdraw their kid from the school district and let them do literally anything else?  What if every parent said "nope, I'm withdrawing my kid.  They can go to work or literally anything else."

1 - Strawman - can you find a single teacher who has said online learning is preferable to in person? 

2 - More parents will withdraw their children if students are forced to go back during an outbreak than would withdraw their kid from online learning during said outbreak

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

19 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

1 - Strawman - can you find a single teacher who has said online learning is preferable to in person? 

It's going to have to be.

The demands are "no return till a vaccine." 

And the demands by admin will be to show their bosses "look what an awesome job we did!"  

They have pushed in person hybrids back to January.  Some all year.  If the school year ends in 2021 with no in person learning by September of 2021 it will have been 18 months since kids were in a school.  

You don't go back to normal after this insanity.  You just dont.  

The response by the taxpayers will put the future of education at risk and thus their jobs. 

Teachers don't understand that the forces that have always worked to see it end as it exists now bc they're considered indoctrination centers, are being handed the opportunity of a lifetime here.  

I told you this was going to happen.

They're going to blame you:

Edited by Big Blitz

30 minutes ago, ALF said:

Arizona and Texas counties hit hard by coronavirus bring in refrigerated trucks as morgues fill up

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Did oyu perhaps read the article? Even in CNN.." do not know how many deaths are from Covid as deaths always rise in the heat"...in Texas..have used for 1 day, but all well back inside now"

The fear mongering done through blatant headline junk focused on short attention spans of Americans is disturbing

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Did oyu perhaps read the article? Even in CNN.." do not know how many deaths are from Covid as deaths always rise in the heat"...in Texas..have used for 1 day, but all well back inside now"

The fear mongering done through blatant headline junk focused on short attention spans of Americans is disturbing

Alf doesn’t think. Feelz. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i generally get it..but the requirement should simply be..we can serve you anything you want at a table, but that's it..no getting it at bar!

Not doing it a lot lately cause nothing replaces sitting at the bar and we can not so that quite yet in VA, but been out a few times with friends to just drink and get absolutley hammered. We have to sit at a table..and our bill is not small..and restaurants makes gobs of money selling booze...and truy thats is why we are doing it..to give our favorite establishments some help . 

The bar, though, is a bunch of people outside your circle all gathered around in each other's space. 

At a table, you're in your own circle of people who are already likely in some way part of your quaran-team. 

Add in more liquor at the bar and I can see why it is thought to be a more effective transmission vector. 

I only brought it up to counter the point others have made that there's no difference between a bar and a table. There is. 

From March 18 to April 18 there were 40K deaths.

From April 18 to May 18 there were 53K deaths.

From May 18 to June 18 there were 37K deaths.  

From June 14 to today there have been 20K deaths in the U.S. 

I have a million takeaways from this. 

Starting with how grossly we most definitely overcounted Covid deaths from March thru May..

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Starting with how grossly we most definitely overcounted Covid deaths from March thru May..

The morgues and mass bodies in NYC Metro disagree with this. It was really really bad. I'm shocked people are already forgetting what our country was going through back then. 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Guess we can order a bag of chips..but this rule is just dumb

Uhmm, we are almost two months out from Memorial day, when positives first started increasing.  Show me one expert saying that we are going to see a death spike, will be awaiting your responce

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/second-coronavirus-death-surge/614122/?ref=hvper.com&utm_source=hvper.com&utm_medium=website

read this article. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

From March 18 to April 18 there were 40K deaths.

From April 18 to May 18 there were 53K deaths.

From May 18 to June 18 there were 37K deaths.  

From June 14 to today there have been 20K deaths in the U.S. 

I have a million takeaways from this. 

maybe ...you know..doctors started to figure out better treatments and procedures. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let’s say you’re now the President. What would you recommend?

...good luck getting an answer.....they always attack and NEVER defend....asked the same question many times, adding if they could insert THEIR pick to replace Trump as the one to be leading the pandemic fight, the answer is....."crickets"......my expectation......CONSTRUCTIVE vs DESTRUCTIVE dialogue......YOU decide which one does NOT exist in their vocabulary (COUGH).....