The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

10 hours ago, Magox said:

Great news all the way around.

That test positive rate off of such a big sample of 75k tests is remarkable.    Despite all the crying of "We need more tests to get through phase 1", this clearly shows that whoever wants or needs a test can get a test.  My question now would be who are taking these tests?  I'd like to know are they being conducted on a surveillance basis in the nursing homes/strategic areas and or low income communities - senior focus. 

But it's a very low rate. 

You’re right about that. I only know one person that has taken the test that didn’t show any symptoms and he did it out of sheer curiosity. 

7 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Well well. What have we here?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces

I apologize if this was already posted, I went back 3 pages to check and did not see it anywhere...

Yeah. I’ll just continue to do whatever it is I’m doing that has prevented me and mine from catching this thing anyways. 

On a side note I would like to see a government mandated law preventing people that can work from home from having to return to work until this matter is behind us. We should be limiting the amount of people that have to go outside as long as this is an issue. I’m all for re-opening but we should be smart about it. Why force people to return to work if they can do the same job from home? My wife and her team have been more efficient at home than they were at work and yet they’re being told to return on May 26th. That doesn’t make sense. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, GG said:

In Dersh's defense, he was talking about legal precedent not advocating a policy.  

PS, he is wrong on the position that a Wuhan vaccine stops the spread vs preventing the infection for the carrier.   Therefore, the govt can't force Wuhan vaccines.

How does it not stop the spread?  Not that I'm a fan on infringing people's liberties but as vaccines are for the public good to prevent deadly diseases such as measles, how shouldn't it be mandated?

29 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Dershowitz is losing it... In a Republic, the rights of the individual is prioritized over that of the masses. He is talking about the "common good" crap that is born of majority rule. Forced vaccination and that whole welfare crap. 
I know, I know... precedent... Jacobson v Mass. But I would like to see that ruling challenged in modern times before lining people up like cattle.

The Founding Fathers warned of the "tyranny of the majority", or simply put, mob rules. Dershowitz isn't losing it, this is his true ideology. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, meazza said:

How does it not stop the spread?  Not that I'm a fan on infringing people's liberties but as vaccines are for the public good to prevent deadly diseases such as measles, how shouldn't it be mandated?

You go first.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

On a side note I would like to see a government mandated law preventing people that can work from home from having to return to work until this matter is behind us. We should be limiting the amount of people that have to go outside as long as this is an issue. I’m all for re-opening but we should be smart about it. Why force people to return to work if they can do the same job from home? My wife and her team have been more efficient at home than they were at work and yet they’re being told to return on May 26th. That doesn’t make sense. 

I won't be a government edict.  But most companies won't rush employees back to the office if the same work can be done from home.  I know that many financial firms in NYC metro are essentially moving to work from home through the rest of the year, at least.  Most companies will give employees the option to come in or stay at home. 

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I won't be a government edict.  But most companies won't rush employees back to the office if the same work can be done from home.  I know that many financial firms in NYC metro are essentially moving to work from home through the rest of the year, at least.  Most companies will give employees the option to come in or stay at home. 

My client is mandating we work from home until September.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is making a vaccine?

Yes and it will be tremendous.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Yes we have given the option. Only 1/3 of my staff has chosen to come back. 

18 minutes ago, meazza said:

Dershowitz contradicted himself by saying that you can't enforce a flu vaccine because it protects the carrier but you can enforce a Wuhan vaccine because it protects the public.  That's not consistent logic.  The Wuhan vaccine acts in the same way that the flu vaccine does by limiting the infection odds for the carrier.  The stop of the follow-on viral transmissions are a secondary effect of the vaccine, not the primary.  Therefore it wouldn't be enforceable.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Dershowitz contradicted himself by saying that you can't enforce a flu vaccine because it protects the carrier but you can enforce a Wuhan vaccine because it protects the public.  That's not consistent logic.  The Wuhan vaccine acts in the same way that the flu vaccine does by limiting the infection odds for the carrier.  The stop of the follow-on viral transmissions are a secondary effect of the vaccine, not the primary.  Therefore it wouldn't be enforceable.

I'll be honest and admit I didn't watch the video (RIP NJSue) but it should be enforceable.

The only issue I see with the flu vaccine is that it's difficult to enforce since it's required annually in constrast to other vaccines which are life long.

Of course I live in Canada so it might end up being.

Edited by meazza

Just now, meazza said:

I'll be honest and admit I didn't watch the video (RIP NJSue) but it should be enforceable.

Of course I live in Canada so it might end up being.

It's good practice to get vaccinated, but it shouldn't be mandatory.   Forget the legal ramifications, it's impossible to design a full-proof vaccine. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

It's good practice to get vaccinated, but it shouldn't be mandatory.   Forget the legal ramifications, it's impossible to design a full-proof vaccine. 

Forget instances such as the flu or covid which will only require ~50% of the population to prevent it from overflowing the medical system but what about a highly contagious disease such as measles which requires close to 90% immunization and can be extremely dangerous to children, pregnant women, etc?

Isn't that worth having Bill Gates track you through a microchip?

Edited by meazza

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

Forget instances such as the flu or covid which will only require ~50% of the population to prevent it from overflowing the medical system but what about a highly contagious disease such as measles which requires close to 90% immunization and can be extremely dangerous to children, pregnant women, etc?

Isn't that worth having Bill Gates track you through a microchip?

But even those are not mandatory.  Highly suggested, and will bar your kids from certain schools and activities, but not mandatory.  The main difference is that measles and polio don't mutate in the same way that corona viruses do, nor do you have to worry about individual physiologies of the subjects.