Jump to content
DJB

Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

4.5 is pretty good for a 6'4" WR. I'd be happy with that.

That’s what he needs to get. I know many scouts are saying 4.5 is probably what he will run and needs to run. Anything slower and watch the tumble. 
 

I see a 4.5 out of him and that is ok as long as the 10 yard split, 3 Cone and Shuttle times are good. If they are not he is going to fall. 
 

I don’t want another WR that can’t get open and separate 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy Watkins was of the best college receivers in recent memory.  That’s why you don’t trade up for non QBs in the first. There are zero guarantees.  

 

 

That's not a rule of thumb because sometimes you trade up and get a HOF Julio Jones for a bunch of picks that might otherwise have amounted to zero(as they did in that case).

 

On the whole the higher you are selecting the greater % chance that you get a stud player.    The bigger sample size math doesn't lie.

 

Ultimately you gotta' make the right pick whether you trade up, down or stay put..........if the Bills traded up and selected OBJ or Mike Evans then your rule of thumb wouldn't even be brought up in Buffalo.........it's a false premise based on one unfortunate experience.

 

Now for hard and fast positional rules...........follow the money.   

 

If you can't find it or afford it in UFA........QB/ElitePassRush/WR1/CB1/LT...........then it's worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

 

Otherwise it's not.

 

First round picks should be treated like $20M UFA purchases.........because if they pan out that's what they should be worth on the open market and you should want to retain them for market value.

 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm with you on the trade and/or signing a FA at WR. McBeane has in the past stated that going into the draft and being able to take any position at number 1 is optimal strategy. We are at the onset of our window and having more guys to help Allen is paramount to this offseason.


Definitely. At a minimum, WR1, premier EDGE rusher and RB1a should be addressed in FA. OL as well if Spain is allowed to walk since they’ll need either a LG (if Ford stays at RT) or a RT (if Ford moves to LG—I love Nsekhe but he’s 35 and banged up). I’d love to see a value signing at CB like Troy Hill or Trae Waynes if KJ doesn’t re-sign.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills916 said:

Check out WR Brandon Aiyuk Arizona St his head was Herm Edwards


I like Aiyuk a LOT. Not sure if he’s going to come away with a R1 grade from me, but I think he’s a great fit for Buffalo.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

ugh mock draft time already!

 

HEY! Be thankful this didn’t start months ago for Bills fans! Too many years like that! 

 

I’d actually like to thank the folks here who really study this stuff and help me get “draft ready”. Some of you provide some awesome insight and I sincerely appreciate what you add. 

 

 

 

 

Then there are the other self proclaimed experts, but I know when to just look away! I kid, I’ll have my own ignorant opinions at some point. I don’t even know enough for that yet.    :)

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills916 said:

Check out WR Brandon Aiyuk Arizona St his head was Herm Edwards

Currently have Aiyuk as a third round grade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Shenault is gonna be sub 4.45. I am thinking he breaks into the 4.3 

 

how do you know this? Just wondering, as a 4.3 is a huge jump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can never have enough edge rushers. I say make the defense even better.

 

To win big in the NFL you must be elite at something. Buffalo defense was upper echelon, but I say take it to the level where there are virtually zero holes

 

A WR can be found in the 2nd round

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, he’s a 2nd rounder to me. My buddy is the President of the Clemson Alumni Association here and is a diehard. He follows them like I do the Bills. I defer all Clemson analysis to him. He says that Tee isn’t a 1st rounder. 

 

He didn't look that impressive to me in the playoff game with LSU---but that's the only game I've seen him in & LSU does have good cornerbacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

 

how do you know this? Just wondering, as a 4.3 is a huge jump


because reports I have read say they expect Shenault to be in low 4.4s to 4.3s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Any truth to the rumor about fat and slow @DFT ??


Ruggs = fat and slow 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

 

He didn't look that impressive to me in the playoff game with LSU---but that's the only game I've seen him in & LSU does have good cornerbacks.

It’s weird because a couple of years ago I thought he’d be an absolute star (and he still might be). I don’t see a ton of them and I’ve always liked him. My buddy just doesn’t think that he separates well enough compared to other guys. He thinks that he can be good but not great and said, “I wouldn’t take him in the 1st.” That’s enough for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shenault was initially my best case scenario at 22 but I’ve switched over to Higgins.  I think his skill set is better suited for us than shenaults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rico said:

If Jerry Jeudy drops to #15, I’d like to see a trade-up.

you bet your ass, you move that scenario. I really think if both him and Lamb are out there thought pick 9 - you make the move

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Shenault was initially my best case scenario at 22 but I’ve switched over to Higgins.  I think his skill set is better suited for us than shenaults.


why?  Because he high points?  
 

how is a guy Shenault that brings the same skill sets as three of our WRs not a better fit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Lamb and Jeudy should be the first two off board. 
 

I like Lamb a bit more than Jeudy. 
 

now after those two it becomes a little muddled with Higgins, Ruggs, Shenault. 

All 3 are solid. I'd rather have Ruggs or Shenault myself. While Higgins is good, I feel like the other 2 are bigger difference makers. I feel like they can line up anywhere and be dangerous.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

That’s what he needs to get. I know many scouts are saying 4.5 is probably what he will run and needs to run. Anything slower and watch the tumble. 
 

I see a 4.5 out of him and that is ok as long as the 10 yard split, 3 Cone and Shuttle times are good. If they are not he is going to fall. 
 

I don’t want another WR that can’t get open and separate 

That's exactly the narrative that existed for DK Metcalf abd why he fell, and he's been killing it in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MJS said:

That's exactly the narrative that existed for DK Metcalf abd why he fell, and he's been killing it in the NFL.

He had a ***** combine. And fixed some of that during pro day. I would not exactly call him killing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:


Let me put it this way: if he mocks someone to a team like Baltimore or NYG—where he’s got a connection to the GM—you can more or less take it to the bank.

NYG have to take OT at their pick with Gettleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer Jefferson or Shenault... Higgins has not lived up to potential despite having a future 1st round pick QB

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s weird because a couple of years ago I thought he’d be an absolute star (and he still might be). I don’t see a ton of them and I’ve always liked him. My buddy just doesn’t think that he separates well enough compared to other guys. He thinks that he can be good but not great and said, “I wouldn’t take him in the 1st.” That’s enough for me. 

 

 

The playoffs were not kind to the Tee Higgins evaluation, IMO.    He went up against legit pro-type talent and really got physically pushed around.   That doesn't bode well for instant impact at the NFL level so I expect teams will be afraid of taking him that early and then having to deal with the failure to meet early expectations from fans and media etc..   Nice guy to be able to stash behind an AJ Green for a year or two though.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

The playoffs were not kind to the Tee Higgins evaluation, IMO.    He went up against legit pro-type talent and really got physically pushed around.   That doesn't bode well for instant impact at the NFL level so I expect teams will be afraid of taking him that early and then having to deal with the failure to meet early expectations from fans and media etc..   Nice guy to be able to stash behind an AJ Green for a year or two though.

IIRC, according to Astro, Higgins has not been on our list of visits. Obviously against LSU we were there, but that was not a great game for him. I honestly don't see him as a target for us

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Now for hard and fast positional rules...........follow the money.   

 

If you can't find it or afford it in UFA........QB/ElitePassRush/WR1/CB1/LT...........then it's worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

 

Otherwise it's not.

 

First round picks should be treated like $20M UFA purchases.........because if they pan out that's what they should be worth on the open market and you should want to retain them for market value.

 

People always seem to forget about this on this board and every year I say Badol has it locked down on this. 1000000000000000000% correct

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Jeremiah did say during Bowl telecast that this could be the "deepest and fastest WR class in years".......do does McBeane go WR in the 1st?......or with that type of forecasted depth, does he trade down to grab an extra 2nd for his WR pick?......sorry to ask, but I don't get to see college ball, having to depend on our TBD collegiate experts....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...