Reed83HOF

Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

How so?

Everyone steals signs, everyone always has, MLB basically just suspended people for being too good at something they’ve allowed for ages. And equally importantly something they can not and will not stop going forward 

5 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Count me in the minority I guess, I’m no HOU fan, but think this is overdone 

Cheating and cheaters always needs to be punished severely, it then becomes a deterrent, otherwise you are saying it’s okay to cheat at everything, that attitude is what breaks down entire societies. Those that condone cheating are in turn the same as those that cheat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Red Sox are next.🤣

Cora should get a double dose.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/alex-cora-is-totally-utterly-and-completely-screwed-01dyg4xm8554

44 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe, maybe not. They might be able to go after Cora, but they would need to prove the Red Sox had something similar going on to come down on them

Oh, they'll definitely be able to do that. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28440015/report-red-sox-used-replay-room-steal-signs-2018-season

6 minutes ago, dpberr said:

MLB is serious when they make the Astros forfeit the 2017 title.  That sends the real message.  You cheat, you lose everything.

Otherwise, it's just three dudes who will never be in the MLB ever again.  

They should have their World Series win revoked, I agree.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Cheating and cheaters always needs to be punished severely, it then becomes a deterrent, otherwise you are saying it’s okay to cheat at everything, that attitude is what breaks down entire societies. Those that condone cheating are in turn the same as those that cheat. 

But punishing it selectively isn’t a deterrent 

7 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Everyone steals signs, everyone always has, MLB basically just suspended people for being too good at something they’ve allowed for ages. And equally importantly something they can not and will not stop going forward 

no. it was the use of technology to do the stealing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

But not punishing it ever is?

Edited by Don Otreply

44 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's one player from decades ago, who has had chances to be let back in if he would admit to it and apologize IIRC and he has refused to do so, then he also had an issue not to long ago come out regarding and underage girl IIRC. And he played for the Reds, also not one of the league's premier franchises.....

The Reds were absolutely one of baseball's premier franchises in their glory era that stretched from 1961-1990 (and Rose was banned in the 1980s). In those 30 years, they had 24 winning seasons and 6 losing seasons; 5 WS appearances, and a bunch of additional playoff appearances. (Infamously, they had the best record in baseball in the strike year of 1981 but didn't make the playoffs.) The Big Red Machine is one of the most legendary units in modern MLB history.  

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

But not punishing it ever is?

You believe deterrence is the goal... I’d contend it’s PR and in turn disingenuous 

What is this thing called 'baseball?'  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1

4 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

How has MLB been selective about this? There are two teams for which they have actual evidence (rather than hearsay) - the Astros and Red Sox.

Just now, cgg716 said:

You believe deterrence is the goal... I’d contend it’s PR and in turn disingenuous 

You come across as one who dances around the issue then condones it.

Just now, Don Otreply said:

He's not even right about the selectivity.

• Like (+1) 1

That or he is a closet Astros fan 

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The strangest sentence to read in the article was this:

"Then he left to take over his own team, brought the underhanded tactics he learned in Houston to Boston, and won another World Series."

For some reason I still read Superbowl instead of World Series :oops:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

The contention is simple, I don’t condone it. I’m mearly stating they allowed it, all teams have stolen signs, since forever, and MLB has basically said, hey Houston, you were really good at this thing we allowed, pay for it. Did the same with steroids 

The contention is simple, I don’t condone it. I’m mearly stating they allowed it, all teams have stolen signs, since forever, and MLB has basically said, hey Houston, you were really good at this thing we allowed, pay for it. Did the same with steroids 

Your verbiage says you condone it.

I'm not a baseball guy, but from an outsider this looks like it's on the shady scale somewhere below Belichek but above Clinton

2 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

No, it's actually ok for baserunners to steal signs. You simply can't use technology to do it. It's clear cut, and the Astros and Red Sox are the only teams who have been caught. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Also the Red Sux Maganer Cora is in deeeeep crapola

So compare Manfred to Goddell and how MLB vs the NFL handle cheating scandals?

Well, one is trying to keep a beautiful game.  The other is the WWE and they are proud of it.  

Goodell is essentially like the head of the NCAA.  The owners in the NFL are a cartel like the big sports factory Universities and when they tell him to jump he jumps.  When people need someone to get mad at, Goodell and Emmert or whoever heads the NCAA now are essentially paid to take the heat.  That’s their job description.  Don’t rock the boat and take heat for the owners.  The NFL has gone downhill since the Jerry Jones’s and Kraft’s became the most powerful owners instead of Rooney and Mara.  

• Like (+1) 1

Your verbiage says you condone it.

When we catch more successful teams in the next few seasons, it will make sense 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Goodell is a joke

image.jpeg.0b33e193ee34aaf966f41cc924468c5e.jpeg

and you could say Manfred's balls are...well...juiced

image.jpeg.c39a00279a84cc66be103f2df1b82cff.jpeg

Edited by Reed83HOF

22 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Stealing signs is fine. Everything that surrounded the stealing of those signs is NOT fine. Pretty easy to see, actually.

• Like (+1) 2