All hail Nervous Wife!

Nervous Guy

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"She really should be wearing chaps, steel toed safety shoes, min +6" w/defined heel/metatarsal coverage and head/eye protection!" ~ @Foxx (He watched that show that takes place in Alaska... What was the name of the show?)

Oh: Yeah.  Only if she's compliant.

Agreed on the safety aspect.  That show was on the History Channel and was full of dumbarses.  Made me feel blessed to have what talents I do have versus begging an arrogant logging company owner for a crap job.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

My wife wanted an electric chainsaw for Christmas....yes a chainsaw.  So after a lot of research, I got her a Ryobi 12" 18V chainsaw...she was always a bit afraid of the gas powered ones that I've owned, so she wanted a "lady chainsaw".  She's out there now cutting up large fallen oak limbs from our gypsy moth disaster.   She even took down a 10" diameter dead hemlock,  she loves it and is doing a great job...me, I'm keeping house today.  LOL....this is great!!   BTW last year I taught her how to use the weedwacker and most impressively, the log splitter (she's split oak up to 24+ inches in diameter, by herself!)...Besides being very proud of her, I now consider myself a genius.  All hail Nervous Wife!!

I sometimes travel to Groton for work (my "home base," is there).  I'm always amazed by the number of trees I see that have been taken over by gypsy moths.  Crazy stuff.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I sometimes travel to Groton for work (my "home base," is there).  I'm always amazed by the number of trees I see that have been taken over by gypsy moths.  Crazy stuff.

My sister always sends a Vermont wreath at Christmastime.  Last few years they were really getting the hammer dropped on their charity.  The USPS claimed that a postal truck fire claimed my 2017 wreath.  I think they burned that Vermont ***** -er (not @Johnny Hammersticks... He's the OTHER Vermont ***** -er... LoL) on purpose!

Now my sister is relegated to sending out commercially bought wreaths till her operations get cleared from the all intrusive federal gov't... ***** those federal workers.  I want my homemade infested wreath from Vermont.  Promoting invasive species runs in the family. Damn invasive species. Those gov't do-gooders think they know so much.  They need to be educated by the likes of our Wonder Twins: @Cripple Creek & @BringBackFergy.  They will teach them a thing or two about gypsy moths!

Oh... We need a "gypsy moth cam" set up.  Can we get on that stat please.  I need to see where they are flying.

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

Kids these days!  Chanisaw!  Bah!  Back in my day, had to use an axe!  We spent days chopping up a single tree and dragging the logs home!  In the snow, uphill both ways, no shoes, and we LIKED it!  Then we'd go to the nickelodeon for a soda and a Fatty Arbuckle talkie.  Then we fought the Boche in the Great War ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

My wife wanted an electric chainsaw for Christmas....yes a chainsaw.  So after a lot of research, I got her a Ryobi 12" 18V chainsaw...she was always a bit afraid of the gas powered ones that I've owned, so she wanted a "lady chainsaw".  She's out there now cutting up large fallen oak limbs from our gypsy moth disaster.   She even took down a 10" diameter dead hemlock,  she loves it and is doing a great job...me, I'm keeping house today.  LOL....this is great!!   BTW last year I taught her how to use the weedwacker and most impressively, the log splitter (she's split oak up to 24+ inches in diameter, by herself!)...Besides being very proud of her, I now consider myself a genius.  All hail Nervous Wife!!

After reading that I think your new name is Nervous wife...

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yep, about 4 years ago we got hit in two consecutive years, trees can withstand one year fine, but back to back is devastating.  We lost about 10-12 seventy foot oaks...brutal, but the wood stove is keeping us nice and toasty in the winter.  Some of those trunks are at least 36 inch diameter.

For those concerned for Nervous Wife's safety, I've given her several tutorials and strict instructions about what she may or may not do...she's fine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Don’t even listen to any fool who tries to deny your genius! 

My wife is not allowed near fireworks stores. She likes to blow $#%& up! Almost burned down the neighbors house once, blaming them for the wood shake roof covered in pine straw. A chainsaw just might be up her alley! 

Hmmm....watch out!!!  must be an x chromosome thing, my wife has a tendency for pyromania, she gets these huge fires going in our outdoor fireplace, she loves it...but somehow she always picks the windiest days...SMH.

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My sister always sends a Vermont wreath at Christmastime.  Last few years they were really getting the hammer dropped on their charity.  The USPS claimed that a postal truck fire claimed my 2017 wreath.  I think they burned that Vermont ***** -er (not @Johnny Hammersticks... He's the OTHER Vermont ***** -er... LoL) on purpose!

Now my sister is relegated to sending out commercially bought wreaths till her operations get cleared from the all intrusive federal gov't... ***** those federal workers.  I want my homemade infested wreath from Vermont.  Promoting invasive species runs in the family. Damn invasive species. Those gov't do-gooders think they know so much.  They need to be educated by the likes of our Wonder Twins: @Cripple Creek & @BringBackFergy.  They will teach them a thing or two about gypsy moths!

Oh... We need a "gypsy moth cam" set up.  Can we get on that stat please.  I need to see where they are flying.

?

https://apps.fs.usda.gov/nicportal/gmdigest/cfm/dsp/dspGypsyMothDigestHome.cfm

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Hmmm....watch out!!!  must be an x chromosome thing, my wife has a tendency for pyromania, she gets these huge fires going in our outdoor fireplace, she loves it...but somehow she always picks the windiest days...SMH.

She’s no dummy.  Windy days make for bigger fires. 

4 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Danke!

I am in a quartentine county... But right on border with a "2017 STS Action Area" county... Lake County, Indiana...

I wonder if that's why my 2017 wreath went up in smoke in an alleged USPS "truck fire" in Nashua, New Hampshire.  Well, THAT is what my tracking info said. "Perished in truck fire in Nashua, NH."

Anyway... My sister never told me the details... But she isn't shipping via USPS anymore.  Last 2 years have been UPS. She must be pretty PO'd @ the PO!  She's liberal, progressive (aren't they ALL in VT?) and was always a proud supporter of the USPS.

I know postal workers... Gr8 agency... They'd never lie to their customers!  Look at our friend @Gugny , his heart is filled with truth, honesty and love... A little too much social passion, but wonderful fella @Howard too... They both have unique affiliations with our beloved postal service.  But the fact that my sister's beloved hobby of making genuine Vermont wreaths burned to crisp in Nashua, New Hampshire has me a little concerned.  Every 5th Grader and @BringBackFergy knows: Nashua, New Hampshire is EAST of St.Albans, VT and Illinois is WEST.  Why was my wreath traveling down I89 and not I87.... Bla blah BLAH... I am not buying Lake Champlain is in the way and they need to send it to a hub. Screw Boston and it's "MA Influence."  I trust Howard would have had it on the ferry and sent it to Plattsburgh.  Howard knows the importance of waterborne commerce!

Oh... Congrats on re-educating your wife! The tips have been duly noted.  I spent 600 bucks this fall for an old Apple tree to be taken down... And your wife is tackling oaks.  IMPRESSIVE!  Last time my wife had that mechanical gumption was when we were single and wanted to learn manual transmission. I feel used.  Like a piece of meat.  I didn't even get a dowry from her father! NOW she won't touch a stick shift, unless I am 3 states away!  Hey, that ain't right... And code too!  I am calling the lawyers at the Archdiocese on further clarification about what constitutes "bait and switch" at the marriage level.  Any Church Going lawyers on the board care to help me out???

GO BILLS!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

For those concerned for Nervous Wife's safety, I've given her several tutorials and strict instructions about what she may or may not do...she's fine.

Thanks! I feel better

@mead107 and a gang of OSHA enforcers will be around just to check up a little bit... Hope you have a couple Ben Franklin's laying around and the grill heating up.  Wine helps.  Oh make an 8x10, clearly marked sign saying: "Nervous Wife"... But that's obvious, she's the one doing all the work.

?

5 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

DO NOT EVER try to “out link” the King of Wiki. Take a look what he did with your link. He turned it into Encyclopedia Britannica Volume 52. Please consider this before you ever even THINK of challenging his search engine skill set. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

DO NOT EVER try to “out link” the King of Wiki. Take a look what he did with your link. He turned it into Encyclopedia Britannica Volume 52. Please consider this before you ever even THINK of challenging his search engine skill set. 

My post didn't include any Wiki items.  It was a family anecdote.  No searching necessary. ? But, thanx for the warning.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Does it tell you something that she would rather be outside than within 20 feet of your bedroom? I’d say she’s the brilliant one. 

I think it is better for her to be away from the bedroom with chainsaw - not want her cutting wood there!

I got my wife a new chainsaw for some trimming she wanted and yes it is electric too.  She is very good with power tools (I got her a table saw for our anniversary) but while she could cut most of the limbs she wanted she could not cut the largest one so I did it for her.  I am much, much taller than her and with her holding the ladder I went to top of it and after three cuts the entire large limb fell and dropped in place where no one would get hurt. It amazes her sometimes how someone so clumsy can do it but it is just math (geometry)!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think it is better for her to be away from the bedroom with chainsaw - not want her cutting wood there!

I got my wife a new chainsaw for some trimming she wanted and yes it is electric too.  She is very good with power tools (I got her a table saw for our anniversary) but while she could cut most of the limbs she wanted she could not cut the largest one so I did it for her.  I am much, much taller than her and with her holding the ladder I went to top of it and after three cuts the entire large limb fell and dropped in place where no one would get hurt. It amazes her sometimes how someone so clumsy can do it but it is just math (geometry)!

Clayton and Squeezy Limeaid on their wedding day, 1984

0007EB19-1D72-43FF-8E62-66B437314BB3.jpeg