Channel 4 (WIVB) replaying 1991 Raider WC Game.

Bob Lamb

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The Giants chewed clock on basically all of their scoring drives, including 2nd quarter and into the 3rd when our D should have been able to still get off the field on 3rd downs against Jeff Hostetler. 

Bavaro and Ingram wanted first down way more than the Bills D wanted to stop them

Bavaro was the man out there for college and pros....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bavaro and Ingram wanted first down way more than the Bills D wanted to stop them

Bavaro was the man out there for college and pros....

When you can’t get a stop on 3rd and long (there was even a 3rd and 14 or some such amount IIRC the Giants converted), it’s tough to say your own O is to blame for that—while I certainly won’t absolve our own failure to punch the ball in early after Lofton’s deep catch early though 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Rewatching the game and not every pass of Jim's has been perfect, a lot were a little behind , including the one that was intercepted coming off of thurmans hands. What i did notice is the WRs making adjustments to the ball and i feel is lacking in our WRs right now. We need to get elite WRs in the draft or FA to help Josh out while he also makes improvements in accuracy.

Do not remember WR Al Edwards , very tiny, got ko'd in the game, not sure how long he played for us.

Scott Norwood had an extra point blocked and missed a FG wide right, looks like he was having troubles before the Superbowl. Game could have been 55-3.

Dont remember all the gulf war footage cutting off the game.

On a scale from 1 - 10 giving the group of WR's that played in the AFC  Championship vs Raiders a 10. I give the Bills current WR's a 4 and consider them a little below league average. Don't get me wrong, the contributions by Brown and Beasley are much appreciated. KC's WR corp by way of example is easily a 10 with arguably one of the best QB's in the league throwing to them. ( From every angle possible)

The size disparity at WR vs most teams in the NFL is troubling...

On a side note: Josh Allens forte is high velocity laser shots. Allens arm strength has been well documented. Josh Allens arm gives him the ability to go places on a football field most NFL QB's can't go at a higher velocity. The downside in some instances is less arc on the throws.  It does not match up well with small WR's in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

When you can’t get a stop on 3rd and long (there was even a 3rd and 14 or some such amount IIRC the Giants converted), it’s tough to say your own O is to blame for that—while I certainly won’t absolve our own failure to punch the ball in early after Lofton’s deep catch early though 

marv wouldn’t beat parcells and Belichick in a winner-take-all game in a million years....

Bills were at least 17 points better than Hostetler’s Giants at kickoff 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Jamie Mueller was one of my favorite players and it was nice to see him in the second half running guys over on blocking to spring Kenny Davis and grind down the clock.

Wore my Jamie Mueller jersey (#39, not #41) to SB XXV

On 12/24/2019 at 11:13 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

Speaking of Bills Vs Raiders in the playoffs, anyone remember this game from 1993?  I remember this being a really good game and a great Bills win.

Theres a part in this game where Tim Brown returned a punt and Steve Tasker makes a beautiful shoestring tackle.  The two shake hands and then help each other up.  It was a class moment 

That game was one of the few in my 32 years as a season ticket holder that I was cold.

My favorite random part of watching that last night was one of our coaches puffing on a big old stogie on the sidelines :lol:.  Could you imagine seeing that today?  I wouldn't have been surprised at all seeing that if you showed me a game from the 60s or maybe even the 70s but this definitely caught me off guard.  Seeing as I grew up during the Super Bowl years I guess it doesn't truly register with me how long ago that was and how different times were even back then.  Loved all of the crowd shots too, those fans were absolutely nuts back then. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LB48 said:

who would know that would cost us a Super Bowl ?????

still not close enough!!!

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

There are people on here that have said that if Bo Jackson was available that the Raiders had a shot?

Are you kidding me? The 1990 Bills were a freight train and only their own stupidity prevented them from winning the SB.

Nope, someone on here actually said the Raiders would have won??!! Or did you just make that up????!?!

Bo sitting out was a major dent in the enjoyment of the game, one of the greatest and explosive runners in the history of football, so he went to baseball....

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

still not close enough!!!

Nope, someone on here actually said the Raiders would have won??!! Or did you just make that up????!?!

Bo sitting out was a major dent in the enjoyment of the game, one of the greatest and explosive runners in the history of football, so he went to baseball....

If Bo played the Bills would have won 48-10 instead of 51-3.

Bo doesn't know defense, so I don't know how Bo Jackson presence prevents the Bills from putting up 40+ points on the Raiders.

Nothing was stopping the Bills on that day. NOTHING.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Bo played the Bills would have won 48-10 instead of 51-3.

Bo doesn't know defense, so I don't know how Bo Jackson presence prevents the Bills from putting up 40+ points on the Raiders.

Nothing was stopping the Bills on that day. NOTHING.

I guess you weren’t born till 15 years after Bo played, you couldn’t be that crass if you were around then

and Whatever winning the AFC those 13 years of shame.... they got their comeuppance a week later to a weak Giants team

Edited by row_33

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I guess you weren’t born till 15 years after Bo played, you couldn’t be that crass if you were around then

and Whatever winning the AFC those 13 years of shame.... they got their comeuppance a week later to a weak Giants team

A weak Giant team that beat the two-time defending champion Niners in their building with them going for the 3-peat, and injuring Joe Montana.

The Giants weren't an explosive offense, but to say they were weak is just downright foolhardy. 

I hope your point isn't that if Bo played the Bills wouldn't have still steamrolled the Raiders?