The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

So now it’s OK when a politician tells us that God told him to do something? I seem to recall when that sort of rhetoric was laughed at by the those on the Left. I really wish they’d get it straight. I’m exhausted from trying to keep up with their new found but constantly shifting moral high ground.

They swore an oath, does that even mean anything? Seems like a joke to a lot of the so-called faithful 

46 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Do Geese See God?

We don't, why should they? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Bi-Partisan support for impeachment 

Trump was acquitted with similar numbers to Clinton.  Both were a waste of time because the alleged offenses didn't rise to treason, bribery or other high crimes.  In Trump's case he didn't illegally obstruct anything and he did not receive an investigation in exchange for foreign aid AND the investigation discussed with Ukraine has merit. 

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Trump was acquitted with similar numbers to Clinton.  Both were a waste of time because the alleged offenses didn't rise to treason, bribery or other high crimes.  In Trump's case he didn't illegally obstruct anything and he did not receive an investigation in exchange for foreign aid AND the investigation discussed with Ukraine has merit. 

He tried, though. And as Romney said, that was an appalling abuse of power. 

You guys will come around to seeing how bad what he did once once the partisan passions around the issue cool. I mean can you imagine how much dirt would be thrown on you here if you agreed with Romney? 

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

....they can't make your hair grow back.

Off topic, my wife just went through 2 years of chemo, radiation and target drug treatment for her cancer and her hair is not growing back the way it was previously.

.....just saying.

...sorry to hear that news my friend......sure hope she beats it.....as Jimmy V said, "don't give up...don't ever give up"......stay strong...thoughts and prayers to both of you...…….

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Is Romney really the first member of an impeached president's party to vote to convict?

That does not seem right to me. A. Johnson was a War Democrat but he was in Republican Lincoln's administartion and was impeached by the Radical Republicans. So wasn't he a Republican impeached by Republicans? Or is he considered a Democrat? I dunno 

This effort was doomed to fail from the beginning — for better or for worse — and they pushed for it anyway, as though they actually believed they would get what they wanted. And now they act shocked and appalled by the inevitable outcome of all this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They swore an oath, does that even mean anything? Seems like a joke to a lot of the so-called faithful 

We don't, why should they? 

They swore an oath to defend the constitution. The God part is the baseline upon which to measure that oath. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

They swore an oath to defend the constitution. The God part is the baseline upon which to measure that oath. 

Trump swore to faithfully execute the laws, he violated his oath. So...impeachment.

Do I have to explain the law thing? 

• Haha (+1) 1

i am a bit perplexed here.

i don't see very many people, or anyone at all really talking about just how low the standard has just been established by the House Democrats. i mean, we just had a case brought to the United States Senate that was based entirely upon hearsay and conjecture. the only factual evidence in play was the transcript and it clearly shows there was no quid pro quo there. the rest was merely an attempt at mind reading and trying to paint a computer picture that looks okay from a distance but as anyone with a brain knows, the closer you get to it, the shittier it looks.

what the House Dems did is a travesty to justice, political, criminal or civil. the Repubs are almost as culpable, the proper course of action would have been to laugh at it and throw it out of court by dismissing it with prejudice. 

perhaps our human rights are the ones that took the biggest blow in all this.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

this should be good.

go!

Jan 16, 2020 - Updated at 6:20 p.m. ET. A federal watchdog concluded that President Trump broke the law when he froze assistance funds for Ukraine last ...

And....3....2....1.....FAKE NEWS!!!! 
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
Jan 16, 2020 - Updated at 6:20 p.m. ET. A federal watchdog concluded that President Trump broke the law when he froze assistance funds for Ukraine last ...

And....3....2....1.....FAKE NEWS!!!! 

you didn't cite law.

the very first line of your article, "A federal watchdog concluded".

this is why you libs are so ***** in the head, you don't understand fact from emotion.

try again, Shirley.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you didn't cite law.

this is why you libs are so ***** in the head, you don't understand fact from emotion.

try again, Shirley.

You expect anything less from people who live their lives hating someone 24/7/365?

Edited by njbuff

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

you didn't cite law.

try again, Shirley.

Lol, those are not liberals, they are a federal watch dog organization. The law was the one passed by Congress and Trump did not "faithfully execute" the law he was entrusted to carry out. That law was the aid to Ukraine.