Bye Bye, Grapes

Lurker

I'll miss him.  He's very entertaining, to me.  He really didn't say anything that bad, in fact he's said worse before.  BUT, at 85, time to turn in his high collars and ties for more casual, and enjoy life, away from all the PC fools.

They reelected their black face wearing PM, so what's so unforgivable?   

• Thank you (+1) 1

Shocking that the outspoken old man who has always disliked European players would say something racist and hide it behind Patriotism and Supporting the troops.

The same guy who made millions off of selling videos of violent hockey plays then say that those players in the video who now have injuries and need to sue the league for compensation are just looking for a money grab.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll miss him.  He's very entertaining, to me.  He really didn't say anything that bad, in fact he's said worse before.  BUT, at 85, time to turn in his high collars and ties for more casual, and enjoy life, away from all the PC fools.

They reelected their black face wearing PM, so what's so unforgivable?   

"Mr. B" collar.

Portrait_of_Billy_Eckstine,_New_York,_N.

Even Grapes appropriated that from the Jazz Age 

6 minutes ago, Dante said:

Love the way he is standing his ground. Most cucked men these days would submit to PC language police. 

It's Canada.  It's an United States birthright to fight tyranny.  The conformists ran to the Province of Quebec during the American Revolution.

Grapes is right... Put your damn poppy on you bloody Tory!

shocked it took this long

haven't watched him in maybe 23 years now?

hockey ain't the same as it was back then..... :(

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's Canada.  It's an United States birthright to fight tyranny.  The conformists ran to the Province of Quebec during the American Revolution.

Empire Loyalists went to Southern Ontario, relatives started up in London way back when.  Thank goodness they went to Canada!

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

shocked it took this long

haven't watched him in maybe 23 years now?

hockey ain't the same as it was back then..... :(

Empire Loyalists went to Southern Ontario, relatives started up in London way back when.  Thank goodness they went to Canada!

Now they are making them wear boutenaires.  I guess they never heard of:

81m50lkyVCL._SX466_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcZXlLwsNbSi28121Kf_f

They ran away...

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

EiI is a part of the group whose speech IS protected.

He toes the line.

i wish peace and goodwill and freedom for all my fellow humans....

I was hoping Don would go before he had a seizure or contusion or croaked on the spot during a feature.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bakin said:

Where is the racism?  Show it to me?

unless it’s just in your head and Rogers just wanted to shed his bulky contract....

Dude was an ass that didn't understand the modern game...stoped listening to anything this fool said decades ago.

You prolly are right, his act had grown tired and ancient,  and this was just the excuse they needed to dump him

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dude was an ass that didn't understand the modern game...stoped listening to anything this fool said decades ago.

You prolly are right, his act had grown tired and ancient,  and this was just the excuse they needed to dump him

This. He had jumped the shark. What he said wasn't offensive unless you're just looking to be offended by everything. Perfect opportunity to dump him for conduct detrimental.

I'm still glad he's owning his words. Don't apologize for beliefs because of money. LeBron and a lot of the NBA could learn something here. (I don't fault them for being capitalists, just hypocritical puzzies).

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

10 hours ago, gomper said:

I'm to the left of Bernie. To me he doesn't go far enough. That being said, this is ridiculous. They wanted to cut his salary and they did. Ron threw him under the bus too. How did we get to this place? I weep for the future. 

he deserved the ax a few times before this final straw

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

he deserved the ax a few times before this final straw

Exactly, this was just the final straw for them.

13 hours ago, gomper said:

I'm to the left of Bernie. To me he doesn't go far enough. That being said, this is ridiculous. They wanted to cut his salary and they did. Ron threw him under the bus too. How did we get to this place? I weep for the future. 

I weep more for the future because of the people defending him and how this whole world is turning on each other. Everyone is becoming so divided and it's just getting worse every day. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Exactly, this was just the final straw for them.

I weep more for the future because of the people defending him and how this whole world is turning on each other. Everyone is becoming so divided and it's just getting worse every day. 

Words are not worth getting upset about, those of us over 50 saw far worse in the nightly news for most of the late Nam Era