Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warren Zevon

Week 16 NFL Schedule - We Should Soon Know the Date and Time of Bills @ Pats

Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, Gary Busey said:

 

 

My guess is the games in New England, San Fran, and Tampa are on Saturday. Hope the Bills get the night game! 

 

Do not underestimate the NFL's desire to have a snow game on at night..they love love love that optic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 416BillsFan said:

Stop wondering. They will not schedule the Patriots at 1pm on a Saturday.

All 3 games will be nationally televised on the same network. So its not like 1:00 and 4:30 games will be regional action or anything like that. It would make sense to put west coast games on later in the day, and the Bills vs Patriots would be either 1:00 or 4:30 at the latest. Honestly the Chargers vs Raiders is probably the 3rd best game on the list of 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Do not underestimate the NFL's desire to have a snow game on at night..they love love love that optic!

 

Snowplow Gate and The Tuck game were in NE and it was snowing 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

All 3 games will be nationally televised on the same network. So its not like 1:00 and 4:30 games will be regional action or anything like that. It would make sense to put west coast games on later in the day, and the Bills vs Patriots would be either 1:00 or 4:30 at the latest. Honestly the Chargers vs Raiders is probably the 3rd best game on the list of 5.

 

But will they be in the playoff race? Last night was a tough loss for the Chargers dropping them to 4-6. The Raiders are 5-4 so they can't afford to many more losses either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Greg S said:

 

But will they be in the playoff race? Last night was a tough loss for the Chargers dropping them to 4-6. The Raiders are 5-4 so they can't afford to many more losses either.

Idk, but they have to pick 3 games somehow. The top 2 games seem obvious. Its anybody's guess what the third game should be.

Edited by wagon127

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, flomoe said:


the Stadium issue for the Chargers.

What is the stadium issue for the chargers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I do not want a Saturday game or a night game.  Maybe that's just me.  Under the radar suits me just fine.

 

The goal is for the Bills to be no longer "Under The Radar" and a team that is a contender. You are not a contender when your "Under the Radar' and a fixture on the 1:00 pm Sunday spot your an after thought.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills do play on Saturday I would bet that its the early game. LA @ SF would be the night game as my guess. Good matchup and its a game on the WC so it makes sense time wise to have that as the late game.

 

Peter King actually speculated that SF/LA would be flexed to Sunday night to replace the Bears Chiefs given Chicago's struggles and BUF/NE would be the Saturday night game given the power of NE's name and the Bills most likely be relevant enough to make the game matter.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Pats lose this week and we win then the discussion gets stronger for that night game as it could possibly be for the division. 

I think we win the division and baffle the nay sayers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mellow1 said:

If the Pats lose this week and we win then the discussion gets stronger for that night game as it could possibly be for the division. 

I think we win the division and baffle the nay sayers. 

Pats are on a bye this week. If the bills want to even think about the division. This week is a must win!

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T

Just now, wagon127 said:

Pats are on a bye this week. If the bills want to even think about the division. This week is a must win!

Thanks,,,even better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wagon127 said:

What is the stadium issue for the chargers?

 

Nobody goes to the games except for fans of the other team who fill the stadium to 40-50% capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 3:29 PM, r00tabaga said:

Those are all pretty good. TB & Houston being the outlier.

Hoping for primetime!

 

Detroit & Denver?

 

I think the Bills/Pats*** for sure will be moved to Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at last year they had 2 games on each Saturday: week 15 and 16.

The "early" games were each at 4:30, east coast time, and the late (primetime) game at 8:20.

 

I have read that they are flexing 3 games into Saturday this year, but I wonder if they will. There are only 2 matchups that matter: Buf/NE, and LA/SF. 

A few thoughts:

1. if they truly do flex 3 games, one of them is going to be a stinker, with at best only 1 team in the game still competing for a playoff spot.

2. New England is a huge draw for the league, maybe their marque team. I would bet it's more likely they get the 8 slot as they could potentially be playing for the division crown. 

3. Are people here really upset with this? Possibly competing for the division title at best, a wildcard birth at worst, on a freaking Saturday night, under the lights, in December? Between the fans that are nitpicking the 6-2 start and thinking we're awful, and now people saying they would prefer not to play these nationally televised games, I'm beginning to wonder why, exactly, you guys are Bills fans...do you get any joy whatsoever from this HOBBY? I'm already thinking of the friends I'll have over, the food we'll cook, the drinks we'll serve, and the great time me and my family will have with our friends watching a great Bills game. But... I guess it's more "realistic" to just admit this team is bad and hope they get ignored by the national broadcasters and slotted into the Sunday 1pm slot so they can go 7-9 with dignity. That's a much better outcome to hope for. It fills my heart with warmth and joy to picture my holidays without the Bills having the prospects of a great season, as opposed to them being a championship contender on a run which I could enjoy with friends and family, thanks for the realism guys. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Pats are on a bye this week. If the bills want to even think about the division. This week is a must win!

 

So you're saying the Pats* have no chance of winning this week? 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bills beat the Browns, then the NFL schedulers could decide that the Bills-Pats game will be important. If the Browns beat the Bills, then the NFL schedulers will likely decide it’s not going to be important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyGold said:

Looking at last year they had 2 games on each Saturday: week 15 and 16.

The "early" games were each at 4:30, east coast time, and the late (primetime) game at 8:20.

 

I have read that they are flexing 3 games into Saturday this year, but I wonder if they will. There are only 2 matchups that matter: Buf/NE, and LA/SF. 

A few thoughts:

1. if they truly do flex 3 games, one of them is going to be a stinker, with at best only 1 team in the game still competing for a playoff spot.

2. New England is a huge draw for the league, maybe their marque team. I would bet it's more likely they get the 8 slot as they could potentially be playing for the division crown. 

3. Are people here really upset with this? Possibly competing for the division title at best, a wildcard birth at worst, on a freaking Saturday night, under the lights, in December? Between the fans that are nitpicking the 6-2 start and thinking we're awful, and now people saying they would prefer not to play these nationally televised games, I'm beginning to wonder why, exactly, you guys are Bills fans...do you get any joy whatsoever from this HOBBY? I'm already thinking of the friends I'll have over, the food we'll cook, the drinks we'll serve, and the great time me and my family will have with our friends watching a great Bills game. But... I guess it's more "realistic" to just admit this team is bad and hope they get ignored by the national broadcasters and slotted into the Sunday 1pm slot so they can go 7-9 with dignity. That's a much better outcome to hope for. It fills my heart with warmth and joy to picture my holidays without the Bills having the prospects of a great season, as opposed to them being a championship contender on a run which I could enjoy with friends and family, thanks for the realism guys. 

Most of the people who hate night games on here, are people that work evenings. Im pretty sure they became bills fans, because they are the only team in the entire league that never plays at night. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Most of the people who hate night games on here, are people that work evenings. Im pretty sure they became bills fans, because they are the only team in the entire league that never plays at night. 

Lol

 

I've never seen a bunch of fans who want their team to be irrelevant so badly

 

Please no night games! Please no spotlight on our team! 

 

It is kind of incredible how seldom the Bills are on at night... I feel like the Raiders are on primetime once a month no matter what

 

The pointless Chargers team with 3 fans is on at night just as often...

 

Bad news: the Super Bowl is at night....

 

Gonna have to sleep in til 6 am and have some coffee after the afternoon nap to catch that one! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Most of the people who hate night games on here, are people that work evenings. Im pretty sure they became bills fans, because they are the only team in the entire league that never plays at night. 

I doubt that. Many on the board who don’t care for night games ( Sunday and Monday in particular) don’t like them because they work the next morning. A home night game is even worse for this group if they wish to attend. Most Bills fans are aware of the team’s lackluster history in night games , and have some epic beat downs and meltdowns ingrained in their memory. Couple that with the ridiculous domination of the Bills by New England for the last two decades, and you see why a primetime game vs the Pats doesn’t sound too appetizing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is such an irony... What is the national view of Bills fans?

 

Bills mafia... Jumping through tables...  Going nuts at tailgates... The scene looks like an out of control spring break party...

 

If you read these boards it sounds like we need to be safely tucked into our beds  by 8pm with some warm milk in our tummies, so we can't handle a night game 

 

Bills Mafia is too sleepy to stay up so late....

 

All 3 Chargers fans stayed up last Thursday! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...