Oh, the poor little darlings

16 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I think it's a stupid rule, but he should have tried to abide by it regardless. Stupid or not, rules are rules. Accept the consequences. Work within the system to change them if that's how you feel.

yup but is still sucky

If a team wins a game by more than 42 points, the winning coach must explain to a special committee why such an outsize margin could not be avoided.

Investigation Committee:  Why could such an outsize margin not be avoided?

Coach:  We are real ***** good and they really ***** suck and the game is four quarters.  Can I go now?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Shouldn't they just redistribute the points so it ends in a tie?

Why should the more successful team keep all of their points. They need to give their fair share of points to the less fortunate team. 

Once the results are apparent the coach should substitute 2nd and 3rd stringers in and of course eliminate gadget plays. The coach should never tell his players not to play hard. That's not only a good way to get his players injured but is actually a worse act of disrespect for the opponent.

5 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I don't like implementing a rule about it, but running up the scoreboard like that on high school kids is kind of a dick move.

If you do onside kicks or toss in a dozen cheap shots up 45-0 it’s bad