The optimistic side of the loss...nothing lost

Hebert19

NFC loss which doesn't hurt us.  

Browns lost. 

Raiders lost 

And pulling for a chiefs loss. 

Net net is we still lead for wildcard spot with a very winnable game next week.  

Playoffs are still in our control and now we just need to face some adversity for the first time...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good view point. On the contrary we did lose another game on NE as they now stand 8-0 to our 5-2. Of course many will say we aren’t going to win the division against an all time great NE defense and efficient offense but there’s still 9 weeks left. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Good view point. On the contrary we did lose another game on NE as they now stand 8-0 to our 5-2. Of course many will say we aren’t going to win the division against an all time great NE defense and efficient offense but there’s still 9 weeks left. 

Ya.   I'm feeling the wildcard unless someone proves to me that the Pat's are actually beatable. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s the NFL almost every team has one of these games a year. Eagles played well. It’s not like they are a nobody. They beat the Packers and have been in every game but the cowboys game. 

Their weakness was helped by the weather today. 

Let’s beat Washington and get to 6-2

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I’ve read before that NFC losses help you make the playoffs.

I don't believe it.  If more of your wins are AFC wins, It gives a slight advantage in terms of tie breakers for a wild card spot, but a loss is never better than a win.  

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't believe it.  If more of your wins are AFC wins, It gives a slight advantage in terms of tie breakers for a wild card spot, but a loss is never better than a win.  

it was a thread of days gone by....

34 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I’ve read before that NFC losses help you make the playoffs.

They are good for playoff births, but also comp picks. Vegas is studying that. Spleen health is a side affect still being studied by the CDC in Atlanta. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Getting beat down like that in your own backyard is humiliating.  We’ll see if this team is different with how they respond to adversity with a very beatable opponent.  Lord knows they didn’t respond well today after that fumble.

Need another stretch of opponents who will win 2 or 3 games this year

Just now, RiotAct said:

this was their Super Bowl.   Hats off to them.

That’s funny 

8 wins can take that division 

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

they’re probably confused why there wasn’t  600 cameramen on the sidelines, an extravagant halftime show, and a trophy at the end.

they played well and took a road win off a team highly rated by the experts