Question for the Liberals/Progressives on the Forum

Foxx

28 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

The problem isn’t whether someone reads the material, it’s the comprehension of the material. 

The careers of those who participate in these threads do shine some light in respect to political thinking. 

Yep, it's Deranged Rhino's time as the Indian in the Village People that makes him a Democrat.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

@Foxx... great post. The one that was really long that I don't want to quote.

There are things in there I think I might come back to, but overall I appreciate the spirit of the post and thread as a whole. It's generally been civil.

One question: you like Trump because he is "exposing the corruption of the elite class that thinks they are above us"... you seriously don't believe that Trump is part of that????

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nanker said:

My question to them is, do you eat s ***** t for breakfast every morning, or just vomit it out every day by your own perverse “natural” systemic functioning? 

Nanker is by far the class act of PPP , a credit to all republicans to say the least.

1 minute ago, Q-baby! said:

That’s my wife. 

May god have mercy on your soul.

Also, you are a troll master.  ZERO respect from me.  You don't add one scintilla of actual positive input to this forum.

So... you got that going for you.  'grats.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

May god have mercy on your soul.

Also, you are a troll master.  ZERO respect from me.  You don't add one scintilla of actual positive input to this forum.

So... you got that going for you.  'grats.

Thank you. It means sooooo much to me! 

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Set in my ways = set in my political beliefs.  

To me, that is appears highly unusual.

Many (most) people start to move to more "conservative" leanings as they age. Many people "evolve". Whether that is maturity, life experience, or whatever, few have the same political (or life) views at 50 or 60 as they do at 20 or 30.

I know there are stats and charts to "support" that, but I am sitting in a hotel room right now so will try and remember to dig some up later this week as I cannot at the moment.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

To me, that is appears highly unusual.

Many (most) people start to move to more "conservative" leanings as they age. Many people "evolve". Whether that is maturity, life experience, or whatever, few have the same political (or life) views at 50 or 60 as they do at 20 or 30.

I know there are stats and charts to "support" that, but I am sitting in a hotel room right now so will try and remember to dig some up later this week as I cannot at the moment.

...my late mother's side of the family has been, is and forever will be dyed in the wool Dems......they do NOT budge.......voting a split ticket or for ANY Republican is heresy or treasonous....I haven't been to a family function in years............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my late mother's side of the family has been, is and forever will be dyed in the wool Dems......they do NOT budge.......voting a split ticket or for ANY Republican is heresy or treasonous....I haven't been to a family function in years............

Oh, my father always voted D too (so did my grandfather, etc). However, that does not mean they liked everything the Democrats became (my grandfather actually lamented to me what they had become when he was 95 - just a few years back). They ended up voting for locals they knew (they were very active in the Democratic Party, and my sister still is), instead of supporting federal candidates (although they all like Schumer, and after what his staff did to facilitate an issue for my sister, I understand their loyalty).

Just because you vote one party over the other does not mean your views have not "evolved", especially in light of the uniparty we have "enjoyed" the last 25, 30 years.

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

First Republican my parents ever voted for was Reagan. They never went back to the Dems. 

....my late aunt had return address labels that said, "ALWAYS A Democrat".....always lamented how Ronald Reagan "ruined her life".........my late mother referred to him as "nothing but a B rated movie actor"......another one of their sisters agonized when Obama ran for Prez because she didn't know if she could bring herself to vote for a "black man".....her Dem loyalty won out and he got her vote.......I can't make this stuff up...

• Thank you (+1) 1