Rams trade CB Marcus Peters to Ravens

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I really do not get it sometimes.  The Rams which seem weak on CBs the last few weeks - trade a CB to the Ravens.  The Browns whose O-Line has been terrible and is its biggest weakness trades a center to the Rams.  

I seems both teams just doubled down on their weakest parts and why do team want an unused player from a weak spot on another team.

Seems like the Zay trade all over again.  Weak Spot we trade away - what are the other teams expecting.

They're both getting ready to raid some teams practice squads.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I hope he is indeed overrated, and they also over-paid. I want the Bills to be the Pats* of the last 20 years (without the cheating....or at least getting caught!) and own the AFC for the next couple decades. 

One little trade won't matter...they have a better version of Michael Vick and a legit #1 WR, they'll be just fine.
(Which shocks me, because I did not think Jackson would be this good.)

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Meh. It's no Wallace, White, Johnson, Poyer, and Hyde. 

Solid homerism right here...that secondary is studly.

Humphrey, Smith and Peters would all start over Wallace and Johnson, and Earl Thomas is worlds better than our safeties.

Edited by JustWinPlease

30 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

One little trade won't matter...they have a better version of Michael Vick and a legit #1 WR, they'll be just fine.

Upon reflection, you may be right. “One little trade” may not affect the last 20 years, or the next two decades. Do you always pick up on things so quickly? Or do context and tone sometimes elude you?   ?

I’m not sold on Jackson turning into a real QB, but time will tell. He’s doing better than I expected to date.  Teams will catch up to him if I had to guess. 

51 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Solid homerism right here...that secondary is studly.

Humphrey, Smith and Peters would all start over Wallace and Johnson, and Earl Thomas is worlds better than our safeties.

I'm sure there's a board for Ravens' fan-boys. Feel free to join :thumbsup:

Jackson is not a "better version of Michael Vick" either. Does he have the potential? Maybe, but by the end of his career Vick had developed into a pretty good passer. Vick was also faster than Jackson as well as being built like a RB. Jackson is not there yet. 

White and Wallace are better CB's than any on the Ravens at this point in time. Johnson is also consistently better in coverage than is Peters. Peters is prone to give up the big play at any moment and unless he gets lucky jumping a route to make an INT, he's really average at best. 

Edited by H2o

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if McVay has been figured out?  How insane would that be?  He started a trend for 2 years and then poof....average.

Belicheck exposed them bad in the SB .

I think not having elite Gurley has killed them. They lost some very good OL as well..

Goff can't do it without a great run game, defenses can key in on pass way more

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not even concerned.

Baltimore has to face a Buffalo secondary consisting of Tre White and Levi Wallace at CB, and Poyer and Hyde at safety.  The depth ain't bad either.