Would you be satisfied with Stafford's career for Josh?

PUNT750

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think Stafford is an elite QB who has been saddled with a tough environment; it’s been the Lions’ lack of defense and run game that has handcuffed them. 

If our guy can play QB like Stafford, we have a chance to win a Super Bowl.  Heck, Stafford can still win a Super Bowl,  however, it depends.  Ask Marino.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Over 11 seasons Matt Stafford  has passed for over 40,000+ yards with a completion percentage at 62.4%.  He's led the Lions to 4 winning seasons and 3 play-off appearances. 

If Josh Allen has similar stats in his career as a Buffalo Bill  what would your expectations be for the team??

Considering we have a defense first mindset - i would hope those numbers would lead to more wins.

4 hours ago, prissythecat said:

QBs can easily pad stats in garbage time .   And Stafford has had a few of those in his career for sure.

Anyway,  I didn't make up "Stat Padford" . That name has existed quite a while  as evidenced by articles such as this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rob-parker-matthew-stafford-all-about-stats-not-lions-wins/

It's idiotic.  QBs, any QB, do not pad stats. He isn't calling plays. He isn't dictating defenses. Stupid, lazy article.

His teams frequently play from behind. Is some of that his fault? At times, yes. Is he primarily to blame for his team frequently playing from behind? No.

• Like (+1) 1

How about we flip the script. Would you be ecstatic with an Eli Manning like career? Is he really some kind of ultimate winner or did he happen to play for team's that had the right elements to win TWO Superbowls. I believe it's the latter. Wins and losses will never be a QB stat. Yes; there are some guys that seem to thrive under pressure more than others. But in a macro sense, a QB can really only control what he does. 

I think people are reading this question as if it's "Would you be satisfied if the Bills had the same success as the Lions under Stafford?" Very different question.

I think the answer has already been given a number of times. Would I be happy with Stafford's career? Well, since his career is without a SB run or ring, then no.

But if you are asking, would I be satisfied if Josh was as good of a QB as Stafford has been, I might be more inclined to say yes. Stafford is a terrific QB. Terribly underrated because he has played on pretty bad teams, with several HCs and who knows how many OCs. I'm not saying he got Archie Manning screwed (nobody gets that screwed), but Stafford is a good enough QB to get to/win the SB, IMO.

With all that said, I'm really hoping Josh turns out to be even better than Matt.