Seems obvious we need to run more but should we?

Ramza86

I was thinking at the success weve had on the ground. 

We are throwing more than I think we should....but do we open up games throwing so the run can succeed the way it does?

Anyone that reviews games notice this and is that a factor in the success of the run game?

Depends on the game plan vs the defensive strengths/weaknesses. A good mix is always good.

So far, the deep throws are not looking very good - so short chunks right down the field is a good way to start the game at least (IMO).

Gore, Beasley, Knox, Singletary, Brown repeat.... 5-8 yards at a time. Take deep shots after this is established.

• Like (+1) 1

the current mix is okay, but once Singletary returns I think we run more.  

Would also love to see some long ball connect (what happened to the accuracy there.  Some WR's have had TD's with a more accurate ball).  

Also, more Knox and Sweeney on short routes.  That's as good as a running play as well.  

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the current mix is okay, but once Singletary returns I think we run more.  

Would also love to see some long ball connect (what happened to the accuracy there.  Some WR's have had TD's with a more accurate ball).  

Also, more Knox and Sweeney on short routes.  That's as good as a running play as well.  

Every single time I have seen Josh throw a deep ball this season it has no loft. 

He throws a dart 45 yards down the field....so there is no room for WR adjustment. Either the ball is placed and the WR catches it or its overthrown.

Needs to put air under the ball and let the WR be able to run it down or make an adjustment to catch it.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

He throws a dart 45 yards down the field....so there is no room for WR adjustment. Either the ball is placed and the WR catches it or its overthrown.

You’re forgetting one other likely possibility....

Just now, mannc said:

You’re forgetting one other likely possibility....

Well yeah. Last week he was throwing those picks on the move or on his back foot. lol.

So im thinking the more calm downfield throws.

Edited by Ramza86

We should absolutely run the ball more. We haven’t really been behind enough in most games to throw the ball 45 times a game. 

Let’s throw about 30 passes a game and run the ball. We don’t need Josh Allen to carry us to the playoffs. We need him to be smart with the ball. 

Lastly our line seems better suited to run the ball. We have some maulers up front. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like to run the ball a little more but mostly I'd like to see them get the RBs more involved in the passing game with screens. It acts as an extension of the run game and helps keep the D on their heels.

Hopefully Singletary returns and both happen.

It's logical to assume Singletary's injury is part of this.  Yeldon is a situational back and we can't run Gore every play. 

Singletary would've been extremely useful in the run game and out of the backfield against the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are currently 4th in the NFL in rushing yards per game, and stand 8th in total yardage. After years of being behind the times offensively, the Bills look to have something resembling a modern NFL offense. They need to stop turning the ball over and start scoring more points. But run the ball more ? Man, this fan base is mercurial. 

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills are currently 4th in the NFL in rushing yards per game, and stand 8th in total yardage. After years of being behind the times offensively, the Bills look to have something resembling a modern NFL offense. They need to stop turning the ball over and start scoring more points. But run the ball more ? Man, this fan base is mercurial. 

Dont come at me with big words like mercurial.

Watchout your comments bro.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I was thinking at the success weve had on the ground. 

We are throwing more than I think we should....but do we open up games throwing so the run can succeed the way it does?

Anyone that reviews games notice this and is that a factor in the success of the run game?

to me ....  We need to run the ball and have a RB to fill in properly then Gore needs a rest.   

This is the real reason they should have kept Shady, or at least brought in a 3rd stringer (not named Yeldon)

BALANCE  is the key