We worked out 5 WRs today

Reed83HOF

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Wondering why this is.  Receiver isn't a pressing need at this point.

They should be working out DTs and DEs.

Yeah. Gotta agree there. You can never have enough depth at DT and considering our DE group is not a stellar pass rush unit on aggregate, I would think they'd be looking to bring in someone other than Peko to replace Phillips. We'll see my defensive line focused cohort.

11 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

I am amazed by the continued fascination/overrating of Duke WIlliams. He was at best the #7 receiver for the Bills who have an average WR group, and no other team had any interest in him. So what is the entire NFL missing on this guy that all the TBD experts see other than a tall, slow WR with average hands?

I would bet he never catches a pass in a regular season game for the Bills. 

I think people are reaaaaly overrating his TALENT. This is not a guy with world class talent who fell in the draft because of character. This is an average player with an extremely limited skillset who also happened to have some off the field issues. The fact that they're working out 5 WO's tells you where they stand on this Duke guy.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Wondering why this is.  Receiver isn't a pressing need at this point.

They should be working out DTs and DEs.

I assume it is to gauge the market and light a fire under someone who is not performing up to the standards of the team.  

24 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Duke will likely be signed.  Something's not right with Foster and he probably should have been put on IR from the start.  Surprised he wasn't since he was injured and we were at risk of losing Williams.

He may be used later in the season in the red zone just for his height.  He is limited in his play.