We worked out 5 WRs today

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

As of today it looks like the Bills are a playoff team and the Bengals are not,  Beane may want to give Bengals a call to see how much they would want for AJ Green.   Green would give Josh a WR with both size and speed,  i would be ok with either a 4th or 3rd rounder. 

Is there anyone on that list of street guys the Bills worked out that could help move the needle?

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

They need a PS replacement for Duke Williams

This is what I was thinking. Is Tyler Kroft's position worth holding onto. Perhaps with one gimpy ankle and the other nearly healed they are considering shelfing him. Then bringing up Duke as a TE/WR hybrid. He can block and he can catch. Small for a TE but a big wr.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i knew in july that he would be out until at least mid sept. and ultimately headed to an injury settlement.  i don't know what they are waiting for. time to cut the loss.

You could be right and they still have Croom on IR who could come back at later date,  Kroft got very good money for a player who has never had any huge success.

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You could be right and they still have Croom on IR who could come back at later date,  Kroft got very good money for a player who has never had any huge success.

i don't think i've ever heard of a player coming back after foot surgeries and nagging foot problems.  even if it's now the other side, i don't see those issues going away.

Churn churn churn.    Always try and improve.  

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Wondering why this is.  Receiver isn't a pressing need at this point.

They should be working out DTs and DEs.

Probably part of a comprehenaive plan to always evaluate available talent.  Immediate Need is not important, you need to know what is out there in case of a rash of injuries at a position or just a diamond who has fallen through the cracks.  

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I said IF, there could be a move coming up.  I know some people would highly doubt it but Foster hasn't caught a pass and I haven't heard

anything with him on STs.  I'm just speculating.  The only other thing that could make sense is Duke would be let go.

I see no need for 2 WRs on the PS.

One thing I have noticed is that the opposing teams gunners are getting down filed on punts way to easy.

Glad I'm not the only one noticing this...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think we’re still missing an important ingredient in the pass offense. Idk, a hybrid of Zay & Duke Williams? Speed guy with size? 

Smurfs are cute but men win in December. 

Thats all I got.

Obviously, so do the Bills.

Please don't tell that to Edelman the super bowl MVP

I am amazed by the continued fascination/overrating of Duke WIlliams. He was at best the #7 receiver for the Bills who have an average WR group, and no other team had any interest in him. So what is the entire NFL missing on this guy that all the TBD experts see other than a tall, slow WR with average hands?

I would bet he never catches a pass in a regular season game for the Bills. 

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think we’re still missing an important ingredient in the pass offense. Idk, a hybrid of Zay & Duke Williams? Speed guy with size? 

Smurfs are cute but men win in December. 

Thats all I got.

Obviously, so do the Bills.

Agreed.  WR play holding them back, IMO.   

Brown and Beasly are working out as planned but Jones is adding very little.   It's probably why they're running so many bunch formations.   If they put Zay on one side alone, defenses could cover him man-to-man and cheat the remaining DB coverage toward the slot or or other side of the field.    They need a WR that can keep defenses honest and contribute 4-5 catches a game.   

Maybe that guy's Duke, but he's not the most elusive or hard to cover WR either.    He'd have to be used in jumbo possession/slant role based on his physicality...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

One thing I have noticed is that the opposing teams gunners are getting down filed on punts way to easy.

We seem to only put one player over the gunner vs 2 that most teams use. The other times we put a player deep to block they kind of look around confused and watch the guy run by.

• Thank you (+1) 1