Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

BB's presser / interview 

"They've hit a lot of them at critical times, a lot of big plays, touchdowns, red area, third-down conversions, things like that. They use them in some timely ways, well-designed plays that create problems for the defense. He adds that element to their offense and they've used it very effectively." - Bill Belichick    https://sports.yahoo.com/bill-belichick-details-challenges-bills-202309958.html

43 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Okay, this means nothing, but...

I woke up this morning with the unshakable feeling that we are going to beat them...no clue why, because I really don't see how that happens.

For the record, the last time I can remember feeling like this before a NE****** game was back in September of 2011.

The same thing happened to me yesterday and man it feels good. Take away the fact that they are the pats* and the path to victory becomes more clear.

- brady has struggled, for his standards, against McD's defense for 2 years

- their OL is beat to hell and will be playing scrubs

- no gronk no devlin (both huge assets to the pats* run game last year, which is really what hurt us)

- although not a finished product, our offense is much better than last year

- rowdy home crowd will be crazy loud 

- heavy lies the crown, no one expects anything out of the Bills all the pressure is on the pats*, our guys can play loose.

The only reason I can come up with that this game will not be close is because they are the pats* and they always kick our butts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

The same thing happened to me yesterday and man it feels good. Take away the fact that they are the pats* and the path to victory becomes more clear.

- brady has struggled, for his standards, against McD's defense for 2 years

- their OL is beat to hell and will be playing scrubs

- no gronk no devlin (both huge assets to the pats* run game last year, which is really what hurt us)

- although not a finished product, our offense is much better than last year

- rowdy home crowd will be crazy loud 

- heavy lies the crown, no one expects anything out of the Bills all the pressure is on the pats*, our guys can play loose.

The only reason I can come up with that this game will not be close is because they are the pats* and they always kick our butts.

Yet, the combine score of those 4 losses  is 109-37.....48-9 in the 2 games in WNY....imagine if Brady played well.....that took the crowd effect away in a hurry.....our biggest problem is not our D vs their O....it's our O vs their D......it will take almost a perfect game from our young QB to keep up.....Belichick is cooking up some schemes in is lab....and it's usually bad news for the opponent.....

6 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Yet, the combine score of those 4 losses  is 109-37.....48-9 in the 2 games in WNY....imagine if Brady played well.....that took the crowd effect away in a hurry.....our biggest problem is not our D vs their O....it's our O vs their D......it will take almost a perfect game from our young QB to keep up.....Belichick is cooking up some schemes in is lab....and it's usually bad news for the opponent.....

100%.  

McD is going to need to do his best to not get out-coached. 

Bills quarterback Josh Allen turns into a different player when blitzed - Pats Pulpit • September 27, 2019

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/9/27/20886719/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-turns-into-a-different-player-when-blitzed-new-england-patriots

Josh Allen against the blitz

Blitz Snaps Pass attempts Completions Completion % Yards Touchdowns Interceptions Rating Sacks
No 81 68 49 72.1 561 2 1 100.2 2.0
Yes 40 35 17 48.6 189 1 2 50.8 3.0

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Bills quarterback Josh Allen turns into a different player when blitzed - Pats Pulpit • September 27, 2019

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/9/27/20886719/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-turns-into-a-different-player-when-blitzed-new-england-patriots

Blitz Snaps Pass attempts Completions Completion % Yards Touchdowns Interceptions Rating Sacks

yup...a telling stat for sure.

I gotta believe our coaches know this and that 100% of our offensive game plan is what Josh is doing with the ball when the Pats blitz, and blitz they will often. 

Practice better have been: "Whats your hot read here Josh" "Hit the hot read Josh" "Where is your bailout Josh" "Get the ball there Josh"...or it will be ugly

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Yep....I've noticed he's struggled against the blitz.

• Like (+1) 1

Marshall Newhouse’s illness the latest hit for Patriots line

Via Andrew Callahan of the Boston Herald, the journeyman tackle (he split last year between the Bills and the Panthers, and the Patriots are his eighth NFL team) missed practice yesterday with an illness. He was limited Wednesday, so his participation today will be telling.

Newhouse started at left tackle last week, replacing Isaiah Wynn, who was placed on injured reserve because of a turf toe injury. Wynn won’t be eligible to return until Week 11. Newhouse started at right tackle in Week Two, replacing Marcus Cannon (who has since returned from a shoulder injury).

If Newhouse can’t play this week, the Patriots will be down to Korey Cunningham or Caleb Benenoch. Cunningham was picked up in an August trade, and Benenoch signed on Sept. 17.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marshall-newhouse-illness-latest-hit-123422854.html

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Marshall Newhouse’s illness the latest hit for Patriots line

Via Andrew Callahan of the Boston Herald, the journeyman tackle (he split last year between the Bills and the Panthers, and the Patriots are his eighth NFL team) missed practice yesterday with an illness. He was limited Wednesday, so his participation today will be telling.

Newhouse started at left tackle last week, replacing Isaiah Wynn, who was placed on injured reserve because of a turf toe injury. Wynn won’t be eligible to return until Week 11. Newhouse started at right tackle in Week Two, replacing Marcus Cannon (who has since returned from a shoulder injury).

If Newhouse can’t play this week, the Patriots will be down to Korey Cunningham or Caleb Benenoch. Cunningham was picked up in an August trade, and Benenoch signed on Sept. 17.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marshall-newhouse-illness-latest-hit-123422854.html

Brady gets rid of the ball so fast does it even matter? 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m almost numb to the Pats losses by now. What bothers me more is the smugness, the buddy system with the refs, the clean uniform, the “no one can touch me” attitude. Just clock the mother clucker already. 

Yeah...that and if we DO win, I hope when the game is assured (kneel down time and not before...as not to invoke bad juju) that fans rock the stadium with a chant of "We're still here."

• Like (+1) 2