Just Beat the Bengals -- Don't Look Ahead

11 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

No they cannot. Look at all the rules for tailgating and you will see. 

What fans do has an affect. If you have ever actually been to a game try having all the fans boo their own defense and see how long you survive. Carry a sign next game that says beat the Pats and see how you are treated in a game vs the Bengals.

What fans do has an *effect*.

• Haha (+1) 1

we've been through too much as a fanbase to be over optimistic. I got all hot and bothered when we went 4 - 1 to start the year under Jauron. I actually used the words Super Bowl in a thread. I've tried to limit myself to three beer when I'm on 2BD ever since

The Bengals aren't going to be a team that has a winning record at the end of the season. But I do feel like they are going to pop a few upsets. Their defense isn't tragic and they have a respectable QB with some weapons to throw to (esp if AJ Green gets back) along with a good RB combo in Minion and Gio Bernard, what is really holding the Bengals back is offensive line woes and while their defense isn't tragic it isn't elite either. 

They will win 5-6 games and much like the Bills last year will pop some upsets that will ruin some seasons. The Bills can't afford to look ahead to the Patriots. First of all, all these games count the same, a win against the Bengals is worth as much as a win against the Pats other than tie breakers. Secondly 10+ win teams mostly get to that mark by taking care of the teams they are supposed to beat and winning some of the toss up games. The Bills at home should come out there and really put the Bengals away as quickly as possible because if you let that team hang around it could be a nail bitter. 

23 hours ago, klos63 said:

What fans think is irrelevant to game results.

That was my instant reaction. Sometimes I think we take our feelings just a BIT too far.

The OP didn't explicitly state as much, but one could infer that the message was Bills fans collectively looking ahead to the Pats game would have some effect on the Cincy game. Doesn't work that way.

I view each game as important and never do the look ahead thing, so I agree in that sense, but I'm pretty sure my viewpoint is entirely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Well  If not us can others?    Pats Pulpit

AFC East Report: Patriots and Bills pulling away in the division

The first week of the NFL's 2019 regular season is in the books, and it was quite an interesting one for the AFC East. We saw a comeback win, a blowout loss, and a blowout ...

Buffalo Bills: 

After coming from behind to win their season opener in the very same stadium, the Buffalo Bills also trailed early on in their Week 2 game against the New York Giants: it took the home team just five plays to drive from its own 25 to the end zone, taking a 7-0 lead. The Bills defense was not the only unit off to a slow start, as the offense replied by going three-and-out. On its second possession, however, the unit tied the game.

Buffalo effectively ran the clock down, securing the team’s first 2-0 start since the 2014 season. And with an 0-2 Cincinnati Bengals team coming to town for the Bills’ first home game, it would also not be a surprise to see the team head into its Week 4 matchup against the Patriots with a 3-0 record.

15 minutes ago, DJB said:

Dalton is #2 overall in passing yards

Boyd #2 overall in receptions

Ross #1 overall in receiving yards

We cannot underestimate this team

Very true.   Conversely their running has been nil.    

Force him to pass against out sturdy backfield.

Force, allow pick your poison