Just Beat the Bengals -- Don't Look Ahead

My feeling is go week by week and this week its just beat the Bengals. I love the optimism here and I share it. But don't get ahead of yourself just beat the Bengals and next week the Patriots and the next week The Titans etc etc etc. Just play week by week, I think Josh said that in the post game presser.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

My feeling is go week by week and this week its just beat the Bengals. I love the optimism here and I share it. But don't get ahead of yourself just beat the Bengals and next week the Patriots and the next week The Titans etc etc etc. Just play week by week, I think Josh said that in the post game presser.

Well, that's a novel approach. One week at a time. Interesting. So they shouldn't prepare for the Titans this week?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Well, that's a novel approach. One week at a time. Interesting. So they shouldn't prepare for the Titans this week?

Thanks for the wise ass answer. Read the threads here were so good we should ready for the SB. Sorry playing week by week went over your head

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OP is right.  I hear people talkin' 'bout the Cheats in week 4.  Concentrate on destroying the Ginger this week first.  We're not good enough to look past anybody yet.

What fans think is irrelevant to game results.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It deserved a wise ass answer.

You fail to see how the coach and GM have approached this season. Every game is a season unto itself. Week by week. The OP says he agrees with that approach (unlike so many “analysts” who keep saying the Bills will be tested by NE. Hogwash. Every week is a test. You might want to consider that in your speedy (and snarky) responses. But you’re a super intelligent football mind so I best back off. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OP is right.  I hear people talkin' 'bout the Cheats in week 4.  Concentrate on destroying the Ginger this week first.  We're not good enough to look past anybody yet.

And I don't think they are just anybody either.  They almost took it to the Seahawks week 1.  They have a potent offense.  And they must be in desperate to win mode

• Like (+1) 1

Of any team/fanbase, the Buffalo Bills are not the ones to ever look ahead or take an opponent lightly.  There has not been enough winning around here to be that cocky.  Cinci has NFL players and are dangerous.  A few years ago when Cinci was good and the Bills were crap we went in there an beat em.  They could do the same here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You fail to see how the coach and GM have approached this season. Every game is a season unto itself. Week by week. The OP says he agrees with that approach (unlike so many “analysts” who keep saying the Bills will be tested by NE. Hogwash. Every week is a test. You might want to consider that in your speedy (and snarky) responses. But you’re a super intelligent football mind so I best back off. 

Now we are both on the same page.

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Waiting for some genius to call the Bengals a 'trap game'.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m already thinking ahead to next year’s draft.

But do we have enough cap space to sign FA's and all our draft picks?

23 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thanks BillBelichick in Horseheads 

We’re on to Cincinnati 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

21 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

We the fans can do whatever we want because we aren’t playing. The team has shown zero signs of looking past what is right in front of them. McDermott has them locked in. 

• Like (+1) 4