Power Rankings - Week 2 - and the audacity of heavy.com

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What rankings are laughing at this ranking?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-2-power-rankings-patriots-back-at-no-1-ravens-climb-into-top-10-jaguars-take-big-tumble/amp/

cbs possibly.

edit: although it looks like it is week 2, but they haven’t done their week 2.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The CBS one looks laughable (Packers in the top 5--and ahead of the Rams and Chiefs.  Steelers in the top 25 at all).  Although the comments point to the obvious fact that the CBS guy wrote this before the week 2 games.

But not related to the heavy.com ranking.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

My "educated" guess is 

somewhere in between these 

9 teams remain undefeated

10 teams remain w/o a win 

the rare ones that had Buff at 17 may move them to 15 and those that had them at 24  may move them to 20

which is why I made the above statement 

Pete Prisco had picked Buffalo twice now  and I was off by 1 spot.  I thought Pete may have caught on. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The CBS one looks laughable (Packers in the top 5--and ahead of the Rams and Chiefs.  Steelers in the top 25 at all).

The Steelers LOST big Ben.  14 is soon to be 24 

0-2 Steelers :bag:  :bag: 

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

My "educated" guess is 

somewhere in between these 

9 teams remain undefeated

10 teams remain w/o a win 

the rare ones that had Buff at 17 may move them to 15 and those that had them at 24  may move them to 20

which is why I made the above statement 

Pete Prisco had picked Buffalo twice now  and I was off by 1 spot.  I thought Pete may have caught on

Look at his comments for each team---none of the mention any of week @'s outcomes.  He just retreaded the post week 1 rankings

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

More strange then the Bills at #9 is Detroit at # 11.  Considering we beat by their standards the #30 and #31 teams #9 is, imo way too high, more like middle of the pack for the Bills.

you mean “undefeated Detroit”!!!

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

you mean “undefeated Detroit”!!!

the Cardinals ....  that's not something to hang a hat on. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Look at his comments for each team---none of the mention any of week @'s outcomes.  He just retreaded the post week 1 rankings

more than likely.   Some Intern must be at the keyboard 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The CBS one looks laughable (Packers in the top 5--and ahead of the Rams and Chiefs.  Steelers in the top 25 at all).

The CBS rankings are messed up big time.  First off, the records aren't right.  Arizona and Detroit are the only teams that tied but they have the Chargers, Saints, Eagles, and Vikings with ties.  The blurbs are all based on week 1.

The heavy.com rankings seem to have ranked all the 2-0 teams, then the 1 win teams, and then the winless teams.

• Like (+1) 1

:blink:  NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055967/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-3-cowboys-hit-top-five-saints-sink

:blink:  <_<  must be a typo.

oh wait never mind 3 (4) lower than the 8 other undefeated teams.

RANK  12  BILLS (2-0)  Up 5 

Previous rank: No. 17 

For the second straight week, the Bills came to the Meadowlands and throttled the home offense. My favorite stat from the 28-14 win over the Giants comes from ESPN.com's Marcel Louis-Jacques,who noted that only three of the Giants' 12 drives spanned more than six plays. That's called having your way with an opponent. The Bills took control of the game with three consecutive touchdown drives spanning the first and second quarters. Unlike his sloppy start and strong close against the Jets in the opener, Josh Allen delivered a strong, consistent performance, picking on the Giants' weak secondary for his second straight game of more than 250 yards passing. Allen spread the ball around to eight different receivers and avoided making the mental errors that have held him back in the past. Get excited, Bills fans. This season could be fun.

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This power ranking is messed up.  We're 2-0 and yet we move from 17th last week to 18th this week.  WTAF?

https://fansided.com/2019/09/16/2019-nfl-power-rankings-week-3-49ers-texans-cowboys-patriots/8/

fanside is one clue. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The CBS one looks laughable (Packers in the top 5--and ahead of the Rams and Chiefs.  Steelers in the top 25 at all).  Although the comments point to the obvious fact that the CBS guy wrote this before the week 2 games.

WEO..I know these are meaningless, and I know heavy.com has us at the bottom of the 2-0 teams...but I'll take it.

• Like (+1) 1

NFL.com has the Bills at 12, ESPN at 15. New York Post moves us up one, all the way to 18 from 19. The next lowest 2-0 team is #8. :lol: Bitter much?

https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-2-surprise-49ers-are-surging/

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

You know, all the "cool" rankings.  Sometimes rankings can be so mean.

The post has the Browns more than a quarter of the entire league in front of us.

San Fran, the only other team to be 2-0 after 2 road games, and against middling opposition, and after finishing 4-12 last year, is #8.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1