[Name Only Title] Trent Williams

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

5 minutes ago, vincec said:

I'm sure they're going to give Ford a chance to work on his game in the off season before deciding on him. Regarding Dawkins, I think he may be in the Lawson category- will play out his contract with no extension and the Bills will be looking to draft a possible replacement. I don't see them paying / trading a lot for Williams.

I see the same with Ford and Dawkins. As far as Dawkins is concerned. They shouldn’t resign him for the money he’s likely to be searching for. He’s not even a top 16 LT in this league. His penalties and sloppy play should ensure he doesn’t get resigned. But he is one of McDermotts first big moves as HC with Dawkins and trading Glenn. I do fear they resign him. He’s at best the 3rd best OL on the team right now. Maybe 4th. Behind Morse, Feliciano, and Spain 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Trent williams is an all pro level player, I get letting players gel and build chemistry but if if your capable of improving a position of weakness with a team thats ready to contend you do it

If you're 4-0, don't fix what isn't broken IMO. TW doesn't strike me as a "process" guy either. 

It's still really early. Knee-jerk thread/idea IMO

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

If you're 4-0, don't fix what isn't broken IMO. TW doesn't strike me as a "process" guy either. 

THIS

Don’t mess with what’s working...on the field and, more importantly, in locker room. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

First off agree it's too early to talking about adding a Trent williams but

Who says he needs to start right away, why can't he be depth? 

Lets say we trade for him, we use him as depth and let the current dawkins nyske and ford continue to grow. Hypothetical in week 14 dawkins tweaks his ankle mid game, you're gonna tell me you wouldn't want a Trent williams coming off the bench in that scenario?

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

THIS

Don’t mess with what’s working...on the field and, more importantly, in locker room. 

Because if you're a contender it's about having the ability to fill in for an injury at the same level or better than the injured player. And it's better to have that player in house than try and find it out of necessity

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

First off agree it's too early to talking about adding a Trent williams but

Who says he needs to start right away, why can't he be depth? 

Lets say we trade for him, we use him as depth and let the current dawkins nyske and ford continue to grow. Hypothetical in week 14 dawkins tweaks his ankle mid game, you're gonna tell me you wouldn't want a Trent williams coming off the bench in that scenario?

Like I said, I wouldn't hate it. I just don't think it's a move that McBeane would make, given the circumstances on both sides. And the Skins aren't budging for any bargain deals. And no way he would be happy coming off the bench. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
32 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

2-0, 4-0, makes no difference.  You don't stop trying to improve your team.  How good was that Trent Edwards team that started 4-0?  This team was flat out bad today against the pass rush.  The Giants are not known for getting to the QB.  Do you think the Pats are going to pass on a chance to improve one of their weaknesses because of their record?  Trent Williams would instantly make this line significantly better.  The chances of the Bills getting more out of Dawkins and/or Ford over the next 4 years than Williams are slim.  If the Bills can get Williams at a fair price, imo it is a no brainer.  

28 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

2-0, 4-0, makes no difference.  You don't stop trying to improve your team.  How good was that Trent Edwards team that started 4-0?  This team was flat out bad today against the pass rush.  The Giants are not known for getting to the QB.  Do you think the Pats are going to pass on a chance to improve one of their weaknesses because of their record?  Trent Williams would instantly make this line significantly better.  The chances of the Bills getting more out of Dawkins and/or Ford over the next 4 years than Williams are slim.  If the Bills can get Williams at a fair price, imo it is a no brainer.  

What's a fair price in your opinion?

And in case you haven't noticed, Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edwards

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

What's a fair price in your opinion?

And in case you haven't noticed, Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edwards

I you want me to respond with civility, don't say something like your Allen/Edwards comment, I am not an idiot.  I know my football and imo I think trading for Trent Williams would be a good idea.  Sorry if you disagree but with that comment you can just go f yourself.

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Should we go after him?  The only reason I can see not to is to spare Dawkins feelings.  The Redskins are going to have a bad year and I don't seeing him giving in and coming back.  I don't think the price tag would be too high.  He is 31 but arguably the best tackle in the league and I could see him have 3-4 great years left in him.  Our line had been good but it looks like they still have a ways to go in pass protection and I think Williams would largely take care of that.

Williams Spain Morse Feliciano Dawkins

That looks like a pretty dominant line.  Also I could see the Pats snagging him with their oline injuries.  If we keep looking like a playoff contender I think it should be considered.  

Dawkins was tried at RT and didnt play well.

40 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Ford will be a beast and cost no picks.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dawkins was tried at RT and didnt play well.

He's been getting blown by on passing downs at LT too.  Also he was tried at RT in his rookie year, early in the season.  Not exactly the same thing as trying him on the right side now.  I'm not going to sit on a potential Williams trade because of some obligation to playing Dawkins due to his draft status.  In my scenario, if he doesn't work out at RT, he can ride the bench.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's been said several times that The Redskins aren't trading Williams, I don't like giving up on a 2nd year player this fast.  

You absolutely do not know this.  They are a bad team and they have a vet LT that doesn't want to be there.  It is logical that they would be looking to move him.

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I you want me to respond with civility, don't say something like your Allen/Edwards comment, I am not an idiot.  I know my football and imo I think trading for Trent Williams would be a good idea.  Sorry if you disagree but with that comment you can just go f yourself.

TRIGGERED

You brought up TE and 4-0 to try and make a counter point. And while I get what you're saying, 4-0 does make a difference. This team is light years ahead of that team. Do you really think Beane makes a move for Williams at 4-0? The Skins claim they aren't trading him, even though that's probably just to drive up the cost. I don't think the Bills would come off of anything more than a 3rd for him, but that's just my opinion. 

I didn't call you an idiot or insinuate as much...that's not my style. Ok, maybe my JA/TE comment wasn't exactly relevant, but take it easy bud.

Have a nice day.

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He's been getting blown by on passing downs at LT too.  I'm not going to sit on a potential Williams trade because of some obligation to playing Dawkins due to his draft status.  In my scenario, if he doesn't work out at RT, he can ride the bench.

Ok did I say I wouldnt like Williams.  I said Dawkins doesnt play well at RT.  Im not so quick to give up on Dawkins though.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's been said several times that The Redskins aren't trading Williams, I don't like giving up on a 2nd year player this fast.  

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

3rd year.  I agree.

@K-GunJimKelly12 this line of thinking has more to do with my train of thought on the matter. Williams is a good player, but there are more factors to consider. Channel your inner McBeane. I don't see it as a move they make. What he's doing in Washington is the kind of stuff this staff wants to avoid, and until the Bills become a perennial winner like NE, they probably avoid these type of guys in most cases. JMO

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...