[Name Only Title] Trent Williams

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Should we go after him?  The only reason I can see not to is to spare Dawkins feelings.  The Redskins are going to have a bad year and I don't seeing him giving in and coming back.  I don't think the price tag would be too high.  He is 31 but arguably the best tackle in the league and I could see him have 3-4 great years left in him.  Our line had been good but it looks like they still have a ways to go in pass protection and I think Williams would largely take care of that.

Williams Spain Morse Feliciano Dawkins

That looks like a pretty dominant line.  Also I could see the Pats snagging him with their oline injuries.  If we keep looking like a playoff contender I think it should be considered.  

Nah. It's still early in the season, and this is a group of guys that haven't been playing next to eachother for very long, in football terms anyways. Mistakes will happen, especially early on. Hopefully that gets cleaned up.

I'd rather allow them to gel, than to give up assets for another new face that will be late to the party. Wouldn't hate it, but I like where this is going.

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If they get to 4 and 0 then I'd say go for it, as you are now a legit contender after beating new England 

Why not just go with what's been working at that point then?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes, do it.

I’m sick and tired of seeing Allen have no time to throw.

In the second half he was running for his life.

Invest in a blue chip LT, and do whatever you have to do to help Josh Allen.

The kid could’ve thrown for 400+ today if our offensive staff had a brain. QB draw with 1:30 to go in the 2nd quarter then kneeing the ball with 2 timeouts left? Complete BS.

I’m thrilled we won, but the Bills should’ve hung 40+ on them.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Redskins have emphatically stated they will not trade him.

I don't care what they said.  NFL teams lie constantly.  They are 0-2 and looking like they could be rebuilding real soon.  He is 31 and seems 100% serious about never playing for the Skins again.  When push comes to shove I think they'll move him.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Redskins have emphatically stated they will not trade him.

I'm surprised you're posting about this, and not how the Bills just screwed their chances at winning a tiebreaker!  This is going to bite us in the a$$ 

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

I'm surprised you're posting about this, and not how the Bills just screwed their chances at winning a tiebreaker!  This is going to bite us in the a$$ 

Beating those NFC teams KILLS you! 

I read that somewhere.......

?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The Pats board is already talking about going after Williams with the Wynn injury.

"I'm hoping Trent Williams really likes his old helmet too."

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/monitoring-wynn-injury-situation.1149580/page-3

First off .. 

1)Who cares what the Pat's board thinks... why are you even there?

2)do they even have the cap room? I would think not.

7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The Pats board is already talking about going after Williams with the Wynn injury.

"I'm hoping Trent Williams really likes his old helmet too."

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/monitoring-wynn-injury-situation.1149580/page-3

I can’t wait until the Pat’s board shrinks by 80% because “they only won 7 games last year!”

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

I like the thinking here. But doubt that’s going to happen. They are invested in Ford and Nsekhe

I'm sure they're going to give Ford a chance to work on his game in the off season before deciding on him. Regarding Dawkins, I think he may be in the Lawson category- will play out his contract with no extension and the Bills will be looking to draft a possible replacement. I don't see them paying / trading a lot for Williams.

26 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Couldn't of said it better. Josh needs more time. Giants pass rush was non existent last week. This week their in Allen's grille consistently. I know all about the Dallas O line, but damn? Maybe a little resistance from the Tackles.

Dawkins is letting in too much pressure.

Ford is a work in progress and seems better suited to G play 

Morse and Feliciano are money! Spain holds his own.

Edited by billsbackto81

33 minutes ago, McBean said:

Yes, do it.

I’m sick and tired of seeing Allen have no time to throw.

In the second half he was running for his life.

Invest in a blue chip LT, and do whatever you have to do to help Josh Allen.

The kid could’ve thrown for 400+ today if our offensive staff had a brain. QB draw with 1:30 to go in the 2nd quarter then kneeing the ball with 2 timeouts left? Complete BS.

I’m thrilled we won, but the Bills should’ve hung 40+ on them.

This is actually one of my biggest complaint of the McDermott era. Someone who knows football more than me can probably tell me it’s execution and not on the head coach, etc. But it feels that whenever they have a big lead and on the verge of a blowout, they let their foot off the gas. It felt like that today and it’s felt like that in the past. The Vikings game last year comes to immediate memory. 

• Like (+1) 1