Early third quarter slowdown-bad execution, not playcalling

dave mcbride

23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That’s not part of the process. The process should be win. Look at what the Pats do. When they are winning they pour it on if possible. The Giants didn’t do a darn thing different defensively. Mc Dermott should be upset that his team didn’t win by more. IF they had played focused and consistent the entire way through they would of.

Again, I am not upset. Bills won and won by 14. Double digit victories in the NFL are not the norm. I don’t want to see the Bills loose a game down the road because they went to sleep for a quarter and then couldn’t wake back up. 

The Bills aren't anywhere near the level of the Pats yet. They are a young, inexperienced team with countless new pieces. It will take time for them to get there.

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting observation here. Did like his fire on the throw down tho. 

Ford has only been on the field for 1 TD drive, Ty the rest....

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The ball to Knox was too fast

That is going to take some players a little time to get used to, especially the rookies. Time to stay after practice and crank the Jugs machine up

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Agreed.  Marv always used to say, it is not about getting the ball back but what you are going to do with it on the next play. They could have easily driven down for a FG

The ball to Knox was too fast

It was a down the field pass and not a 5 yard slant.  It was a terrible miss by Knox.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It was a down the field pass and not a 5 yard slant.  It was a terrible miss by Knox.

Agree. That ball was thrown right on the money where only Knox could get it and it went directly through his hands. Perfectly thrown ball down the field.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

People always are going to find reasons to complain.  I get it they did not go "up and down the field" at will for the entire game, rather only for 4 drives.    This offense is so improved from last year, I hope people see that.  Josh has taken a big step forward, still room for improvement but he improved during his healing time last year and then from year 1 to year 2, he looks like a different player.  Dont worry about beeing full octane all the time, I am ecstatic with the improvements.  Specifically his short passing game is much improved, he led Gore on a flare out the way you want him to.  Last year he would have fired it right at his torso (catchable) but not good placement.  There are what 8 or 9 new starters on the offense, give them time, let them grow, enjoy the win.

Yesterday felt like a lot of games back in the early 90's when the Bills were just the better team, not always performing perfectly, dominating at times, coasting at others.   That TD drive in the fourth to end the game is something we are not used to.  In years past that would have been run run conservative pass punt.

15 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That long pass to Brown was a sure TD that Josh missed badly, and you're right, if he hits that there is little criticism. I still think we got a little conservative, and I didn't at all like kneeling with 47 seconds to go and two timeouts which was the beginning of the conservatism..

Yup, I was a little upset at the kneel down at that time.  Luckily it didn't bite them.