Gruden's destruction of the Raiders

dave mcbride
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

LISTEN UP! 

Discuss the OP topic in this thread.

If you need to discuss your opinion on politics and the economy, take it elsewhere or to PPP

While you're at it, quit with the insult- slinging

I have other things to do than take the trash out of threads and dole warnings to keep a topical, football appropriate thread going so the ban hammer will start swinging hard else.

That is all.

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Antonio Brown saga cost the Raiders zero cash and zero cap hit. It the literal equivalent of signing a guy off the street then cutting him.  Feel free to hate Gruden and Maydock. But this turned out be a high reward zero risk situation, as they managed it.

Did you forget the (high) 3rd and 5th they gave the Steelers?

22 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm still stunned Chucky is doing this whole "rebuild" nonsense.  I thought he'd try to land on a team with a QB on a team that's not that far away.  I thought the Raiders fit with Carr and them going 12-4 two years before.  I think he's nuts and very well may crash and burn.

yep

Just now, Doc said:

You think Gruden, Mayock and the Raiders players weren't affected?  He was supposed to be an integral part of their team/its success. 

I think you were more affected than any of them. They are pros in a business where injuries and other factors change the personnel on a more or less constant basis. 

19 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Antonio Brown saga cost the Raiders zero cash and zero cap hit. It the literal equivalent of signing a guy off the street then cutting him.  Feel free to hate Gruden and Maydock. But this turned out be a high reward zero risk situation, as they managed it.

?

it made headlines if that is what you mean

5 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I think you were more affected than any of them. They are pros in a business where injuries and other factors change the personnel on a more or less constant basis. 

If by "affected" you mean "laughing my ass of at what was wholly predicable," then sure. 

22 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

drama is cost free. it only affects fans. 

This is a good point.  So much is made of the "distraction" by fans or the media...watching Hard Knocks you wonder how much any of that stuff actually exists in reality.  I'm sure the players are all concerned with themselves first and foremost, and worrying about what they need to worry about. They all know AB is a great player, so need to worry about that end of it.

I would think the average player kind of stayed out of the whole thing and just quietly hoped it all worked out in the end and AB made the team better.  Highly doubt this bothered many players.

For sure this bugged Gruden and Mayock though!  But I'm talking about the players.

Edited by Nextmanup

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Its clear this is impacting your  emotions far more than Grudens. 

Yup.  Laughter is great for the emotions. 

But continue with the "the Raiders lost nothing by pursuing AB" theory. 

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Actually Gruden said in his presser today that it had been an emotional time for him and he was upset. This one stung him and you can tell, he's totally bummed he didn't have a chance to work with AB during the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxsB56uv9-k