Gruden's destruction of the Raiders

dave mcbride
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

LISTEN UP! 

Discuss the OP topic in this thread.

If you need to discuss your opinion on politics and the economy, take it elsewhere or to PPP

While you're at it, quit with the insult- slinging

I have other things to do than take the trash out of threads and dole warnings to keep a topical, football appropriate thread going so the ban hammer will start swinging hard else.

That is all.

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is a good point.  So much is made of the "distraction" by fans or the media...watching Hard Knocks you wonder how much any of that stuff actually exists in reality.  I'm sure the players are all concerned with themselves first and foremost, and worrying about what they need to worry about. They all know AB is a great player, so need to worry about that end of it.

I would think the average player kind of stayed out of the whole thing and just quietly hoped it all worked out in the end and AB made the team better.  Highly doubt this bothered many players.

For sure this bugged Gruden and Mayock though!  But I'm talking about the players.

So the fact the starting QB has talked about all the time wasted working with AB and the team leaders working to fix this situation.

The time Gruden spent trying to repair the situation and then talk about the cut.

The time the team spent working with AB to get him ready and then to have him not show up, talk about a suspension, figure he will be out, then heartfelt apology, then back in as a teammate and practice and finally uncertainty and then the cut.  That did not impact gameplans and coaches and individual players that will be covering or playing - especially the QB that has made multiple comments through his brother.

I agree the average - low tier players are not impacted, but your starters, leaders - they are dealing with the drama, the questions, and trying to keep the team together and focused.  It certainly impacts 1/3 to 1/2 the roster and mostly the guys that are going to play.

• Like (+1) 1